Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

Dunkirk came out first, unless somehow there was time fuckery

Oh did it? Was thinking Dunkirk was the one after tenet. Whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Dunkirk in IMAX has to be quite possibly the loudest film of all time like no poo poo, in fact im pretty sure you could wear earplugs and still make out every single bit of dialog. So I can't even Imagine how loud Oppenheimer is

Not as loud as I expected! Though, to be fair, it's mostly people talking, but even the explosion scene didn't seem unusually loud. Maybe my IMAX has reasonable speakers.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CapnAndy posted:

It's a sign of weakness, not strength. What they're actually saying is that the movie is bad, they know it, and it doesn't have an snowball's chance in hell without all the big names getting out there and drumming up hype.

I know, but the idea that there are so many Aaron Taylor-Johnson fanatics out there that they will go see the movie just because he is in it is what's funny.

The average person absolutely would not be able to answer if you asked them who Aaron Taylor-Johnson was.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The average person absolutely would not be able to answer if you asked them who Aaron Taylor-Johnson was.

She’s the one from The VVitch. Duh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I know, but the idea that there are so many Aaron Taylor-Johnson fanatics out there that they will go see the movie just because he is in it is what's funny.

Is he still the frontrunner for the new Bond?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Gaz-L posted:

Is he still the frontrunner for the new Bond?

Depending on how Kraven performs I imagine.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

That's unfair. The average person would be able to say she was very good in The Queen's Gambit.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

She’s the one from The VVitch. Duh.

You know, now I'm thinking about why Ralph Ineson hasn't been in an MCU project yet and thinking about how much of a shame that is.

For us, I mean. I'm sure he's very happy to not be in any of this stuff.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jamesman posted:

You know, now I'm thinking about why Ralph Ineson hasn't been in an MCU project yet and thinking about how much of a shame that is.

not sure why you’d think that. dudes doing video game voice acting, not sure he’s the type to be above a job.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Soul Glo posted:

not sure why you’d think that. dudes doing video game voice acting, not sure he’s the type to be above a job.

Another way of saying this is that he's a British actor who isn't a household name.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Jamesman posted:

Ralph Ineson has clearly already played a pivotal MCU role. That of Ravager Pilot.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

Ralph Ineson has clearly already played a pivotal MCU role. That of Ravager Pilot.

Oh, well gently caress me then. Dude just has a great presence and even greater voice, so I think there'd be something he could do in the MCU that would be more fun than "Ravager Pilot."

Soul Glo posted:

Wasn't really about being "above a job." I just meant the guy is probably doing just fine and doesn't have a need to be cast in a big MCU role or anything, even though I think he'd be great in some role of significance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

Dunkirk in IMAX has to be quite possibly the loudest film of all time like no poo poo, in fact im pretty sure you could wear earplugs and still make out every single bit of dialog. So I can't even Imagine how loud Oppenheimer is

The dialogue in Oppenheimer was fine. I'm 100% deaf on my left side and almost always have to use a CaptiView device at theaters to get all of the dialogue but they didn't have one for the IMAX screen. I could hear about 95% of the dialogue in the film perfectly fine. The film definitely did not need the IMAX treatment though. I would have preferred to have seen it on a smaller screen in a better theater. The IMAX near me is too cramped and honestly too big, on top of not being caption friendly.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah the chairs at my am imax are garbage, the old style where the seat flips down and there's hardly an arm rest. I've started just picking regular screens for movies simply for the comfort.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Wonder Woman 3 is being redeveloped by James Gunn and Peter Safran. Gal Gadot will still play Wonder Woman.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1686696572380225536

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Wonder Woman 3 is being redeveloped by James Gunn and Peter Safran. Gal Gadot will still play Wonder Woman.

Nothing makes any sense.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That’s a big mistake IMO

This was a perfect opportunity to recast

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kal-El, no!!!!!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hope he's doing alright these days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He’ll just go build another gaming PC

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

this could also just be a dwayne johnson-esque move to will it into existence. i'd wait til jimmy gunn confirms before rolling my eyes too hard.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Soul Glo posted:

this could also just be a dwayne johnson-esque move to will it into existence. i'd wait til jimmy gunn confirms before rolling my eyes too hard.

Yeah, that was my thought too. "Gal Gadot says X". Cool. What does anyone who actually makes these decisions have to say about it? Because I don't recall any WW property announced in Gunn's lineup. Nevermind, there was something. Paradise Lost. It's about Themyscara, so probably WW at some point. But that's a show, not a movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

There's always Hyperion.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lobok posted:

He's making a Warhammer for Amazon isn't he? I think he's doing just fine.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Having Cavil play Hyperion or Sentry would be funny, but I have no interest in actually seeing those characters.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They're doing a Marvel Zombies thing, right maybe have him cameo as the contamination vector.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

StumblyWumbly posted:

Having Cavil play Hyperion or Sentry would be funny, but I have no interest in actually seeing those characters.

Hickman's Hyperion was a great version of that character. It's mostly a joke but with Secret Wars, if you're gonna use him you use that version. Not that it'll happen.

I think a lot of people wanted Cavill as Doom but I dunno about that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

If Sentry appears in a film I would be very concerned that is the MCU’s ‘jumping the shark’ moment

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

If Sentry appears in a film I would be very concerned that is the MCU’s ‘jumping the shark’ moment

They would never in a million years do it because of the cost and logistics but imagine if they did introduce the Sentry then you go and watch Avengers and Endgame and a bunch of other movies and he's in them all.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sentry vs hyperion

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I feel like Sentry's lost history schtick isn't all that exciting or workable after Spider-Man No Way Home.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I suspect that she's either engaging in wishful thinking here, misleadingly framing some vaguer conversations she's had on the subject, or both, but we'll see. Not taking this at face value for now, though.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Steven Yuen is allegedly playing him in Thunderbolts

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Multiverse of wonder women

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Steven Yuen is allegedly playing him in Thunderbolts
I’ve heard that rumor and I hope the character part isn’t true

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Barry Convex posted:

I suspect that she's either engaging in wishful thinking here, misleadingly framing some vaguer conversations she's had on the subject, or both, but we'll see. Not taking this at face value for now, though.
Yeah she was a producer on WW84, it would not be crazy for her to be an EP on a reboot moving forward. Same reason Zack and Deborah Snyder got producer credits on DC stuff long after they were gone. Either way the fact she starts off by saying "from what I heard" and proceeds to call it Wonder Woman 3 definitely fits into misinterpretation or misspeaking. The amount of meltdowns on social media about this are truly absurd, it's like if people took The Rock's statement that Black Adam could show up in a Marvel movie as a literal plan in the works.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

The dialogue in Oppenheimer was fine. I'm 100% deaf on my left side and almost always have to use a CaptiView device at theaters to get all of the dialogue but they didn't have one for the IMAX screen. I could hear about 95% of the dialogue in the film perfectly fine. The film definitely did not need the IMAX treatment though. I would have preferred to have seen it on a smaller screen in a better theater. The IMAX near me is too cramped and honestly too big, on top of not being caption friendly.

This reminds me something that caught my attention the other day and I may as well ask here. Some folks are figuring out where to see Oppenheimer and one of the options is a local theater that advertises "Dolby ATMOS sound" for some of its showings and charges 4 bucks more for the privilege. I'm going to whatever showing fits people's schedules regardless, but this was my first time seeing the term so does anyone know if it's something worth caring about if I'm not an audiophile?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
atmos has speakers on the ceiling to simulate sounds above. my guess is that other than the bomb scene there's not gonna be a lot of use for that in a 3hr talking movie

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Bruceski posted:

This reminds me something that caught my attention the other day and I may as well ask here. Some folks are figuring out where to see Oppenheimer and one of the options is a local theater that advertises "Dolby ATMOS sound" for some of its showings and charges 4 bucks more for the privilege. I'm going to whatever showing fits people's schedules regardless, but this was my first time seeing the term so does anyone know if it's something worth caring about if I'm not an audiophile?

It's a Nolan movie, so I guess the question is "how loud do you want to not hear the dialogue?"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm probably the only person left on the entire forums who likes Gal Gadot but keeping old DCEU actors around for your new DCEU is a crazy laughable mistake. Like. It probably won't end up happening, but also, considering DC, it's entirely possible it ends up happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Barry Convex posted:

Feel like she has to be very confused about something if it isn't true. I can understand wishful thinking, but you probably don't come out and say, "James Gunn and Peter Safran told me we are doing this" if you are just engaging in wishful thinking.