Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
GameCube ruled loved that little guy. the Wii was pretty mid looking back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

No Wave posted:

If you didn't play RE4 on the wii you never really played RE4.

fixed

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
It's only a "gimmick" if it doesn't stick (Wiimote speaker, wiiu screen)

Otherwise it's an innovation (core motion controls, analog stick, shoulder buttons)

Perfect painting
Nov 27, 2011

It was cool when wireless controllers were still a huge marketing point and there were magazine ads of just someone taking a poo poo on the toilet and holding a Wavebird.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

HOLY poo poo LOOK YOU CAN STAND YOUR WII VERITICAL

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_GameCube_video_games

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I heard that the new switch is too small and has a wheel that does not fly off when you're driving.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oscar Wild posted:

I heard that the new switch is too small and has a wheel that does not fly off when you're driving.

Is it stinky??

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pikmin sold as much as RE4? What the gently caress.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Inzombiac posted:

Is it stinky??

Very!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

sigher posted:

Pikmin sold as much as RE4? What the gently caress.

Pikmin is very very good and also for all ages

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mario Party 4 (Tiny/Big mushrooms) outselling Mario Party 5 (Utter Capsule Chaos) is criminal. :colbert:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've got a NSMB red 3ds unopened somewhere, I keep thinking about cracking it open and loading some games onto it but my old monster hunter 3ds xl works....the battery life is just utter poo poo at this point.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Morpheus posted:

I've got a NSMB red 3ds unopened somewhere, I keep thinking about cracking it open and loading some games onto it but my old monster hunter 3ds xl works....the battery life is just utter poo poo at this point.

Nintendo is still selling new 3DS batteries in their online store. I’d grab one before they’re gone.

Whatever the next system is, it better have BC or I’ll be pretty pissed. I don’t see how and why it wouldn’t if it’s still gonna be a hybrid system that uses carts still.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo is still selling new 3DS batteries in their online store. I’d grab one before they’re gone.

Whatever the next system is, it better have BC or I’ll be pretty pissed. I don’t see how and why it wouldn’t if it’s still gonna be a hybrid system that uses carts still.

Nah they're all sold out. I guess one possibility is transferring my account to the new 3ds, then attempting a battery replacement with a third party battery and, assuming it doesn't go wrong, transferring stuff back.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

maybealabia posted:

Pikmin is very very good and also for all ages

That it is, but this is just shocking because I thought RE4 did top 5 numbers.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Leon would be royally screwed if he had to fight a squad of scaled up Pikmin.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Not if I’m commanding them

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I imagine he'd just suplex your whole squad at once and 100 Pikmin cry out in unison as their ghosts drift away.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Nintendo should make more Dandori challenges and sell them to me every month

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Leon defeating Pikmin would just be them crawling all over him and then a flashing "A" button with the animation of it getting pushed rapidly would flash on the screen and Leon would just sorta flail back and forth sorta just grabbing at random to fling them off.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I don't think the starfox villain would do any of this poo poo

e: misread

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I still think the gamecube controller is superior and maps to what I want do in a video game, press one button repeatedly and other buttons occasionally. Its influence on the design of metroid prime and RE4 is part of why they turned out so good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZeldaUniverse/status/1684953609169993730?s=20

:popeye:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

back playing TOTK this weekend, I was away for 3 weeks with work and didn't want to play it for only a few mins at a time. it's so good it's disgraceful

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The air Segway is now canon god bless

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

The air Segway is now canon god bless

Then why did they make the wrong one

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Selane
May 19, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Then why did they make the wrong one
It's the right one but the engines should be tilted 45 degrees. The only thing the hoverbike design is good for is looking cool, it's hard to drive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Where is the Korok in the explosion?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

drat, Link definitely doesn't skip leg day

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Madworld needs a new game if not just for a new OST

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Upsidads posted:

Madworld needs a new game if not just for Greg Proops

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I should finish Madworld and No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 on my OG Wii. It was so easy to jailbreak because it's one of the original runs.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mad Poops need ost

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Supposedly the tegra processor in the switch is different enough from modern generic phone cpus to break binary compatibility, but I don't see why nvidia wouldn't make a special chip for nintendo that would preserve it

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Disney illusion island is a very breezy kinda fun game to play with the family.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mad world isn’t that good tbh. Looks great. If you’re hooking up the wii, just play resi4 again cos it’s so good

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Darth TNT posted:

Disney illusion island is a very breezy kinda fun game to play with the family.

Family???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
they meant the mafia