Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Jerusalem posted:

The Pirate Captain's,"... wait, no way!" when he realizes a real ghost has shown up is the best.

Orpheus calling it the "nineteen-hundred and sixties!" is something that really tickled me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

They still own them they just asked them not to refer directly to them by name later because they had designs to revive a lot of the IP.

In the art book they talk about Action Johnny, saying something to the effect of, "You can't keep calling it parody if you keep using him all the time."

It fits better that the Venture universe is full of knock-off characters, anyway. It's a world of real superheroes and super-scientists trying and failing to emulate the superheroes and super-scientists from pop culture.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Dragonstoned posted:

Orpheus calling it the "nineteen-hundred and sixties!" is something that really tickled me

I see that and raise you Brainulo's nineteen lovely-nine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I don't know why it has stuck with me for so long, but I think it was the first time JJ and the Pirate Captain got teamed up together, it cuts back to them on mission and the Pirate Captain is just happily chatting away about how everybody thought Jesus Jones was gonna be the next big thing in music, while JJ beavers away working but is also paying full attention and seems genuinely interested :allears:

Maybe it stuck with me because I was also convinced Jesus Jones was gonna be the next big thing in music :shobon:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Maybe it stuck with me because I was also convinced Jesus Jones was gonna be the next big thing in music :shobon:

i never really got into them but this song came out around the time i started actually caring, a lot, about music, so it's stuck in my brain forever i guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MznHdJReoeo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ah, now there was a band :pirate:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Ah, now there was a band :pirate:

They're not around anymore?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tarlibone posted:

They're not around anymore?

No Sir!

Not so’s anyone would notice anyway….

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

That wasn't a movie, that was a super long episode, and it was loving amazing.

...I want more :smith:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I finally had time to watched it. Loved it, owns bones, and now i'm sad because there will most likely never be anymore. I am sad they didn't get to resolve the stuff with Sirena, but i understand they had to cut stuff to only focus on two of the most important questions. Which they answered, in great venture bros ways.

When Rob Base hit, I knew we were in for something really special for this episode to focus on. He's not internationally know, but he's known to rock the microphone.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Blu-ray showed up in the mail today, forgot this was out so soon! Aaah, not reading thread to avoid spoilers just got excited

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Sanschel posted:

Here’s some questions:
Were Rusty and Malcolm clones of an original Rusty, or clones of Jonas? We see multiple instances where Jonas was concerned with longevity, could the children have been a way to extend his life, be it through mental transference or organ harvesting? Perhaps he took a shine to Rusty and kept him in a Jango/Boba situation, or abandoned the plan when he realized Rusty would never physically match him and kept him around to soften his public image. Would explain his particular disdain for Rusty later in life if he was a constant reminder of not only a failed experiment but of Jonas’ own impending mortality, to say nothing of a morose balding adolescent being poor marketing compared to precocious child adventurer.

Why would he bother attempting to cure potential hair loss in a clone? If he was planning to take over that body later, he was certainly vain enough to make sure he’d always have a full head of hair, but dumped the kid when he saw just how unusually aggressive the baboon genes made him.

In my opinion Jonas Sr's clone project was 100% a precursor to the ProBLEM device. It's stated pretty clearly that Jonas Sr was obsessed with living forever. JJ was inside of Rusty due to the tinkering around trying to make the clones better suited for keeping Jonas alive forever (either mental transference or organ donor). This is pretty clear from what we learned in the S7 Morphic Trilogy episodes even without the movie stuff. Jonas Sr only wants to be inside the Vendata body long enough to get the clone program up and running again.

Also, imo Malcolm was implanted into Morpho's wife, not adopted, since Vendata seemed to be entirely sure that Jonas Sr had solved the infertility.

I don't think there ever was an "original rusty" I think Jonas just took one of her eggs and kept tinkering with it until he got bored and tried a new tactic for immortality. R21 and R22 were probably the last two embryos he bothered to make before abandoning the project and implanting them. .

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I really enjoyed the movie but man it really felt like an entire season condensed into 90 minutes. So many 5/10 minute scenes that felt like they were entire episodes. It makes me want a season 8 more than anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to think that there was a natural birth Rusty, for exactly the same way that there were Hank and Dean clones. Jonas was a lovely dad, and dragged his son around on his adventures and oops, sometimes Rusty does get eaten by a giant spider or zapped by the death ray or fails to escape the slowly closing in walls with spikes.

But he's created 1ups, and I would not be surprised that the old Rusty Venture show was a commercialization of the memories of the old Rusty's taken from the bed. I mean, the tech that Dr Venture uses for Dean and Hank wasn't made by him, it was definitely something Jonas cooked up.

Jonas though Had to gently caress around with the clones, thats why Malcolm got baboon DNA, and maybe that's why Rusty ended up the way he is as well.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
sometimes you get the baboon... but sometimes the baboon gets you, DOCTOR VENTURE! Ha ha hahaHAHAHAHAHAaaaa....

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1689826558062546944?s=20

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow that’s a great deal.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Holy poo poo yes, thank you!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s a steal, wonder if the delisting rumors are true. Those are close out fire sale prices

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It does not include “All this and Gargantua 2” and “A Very Venture Halloween.”

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Wow, I’m absolutely buying that. I’ll keep my DRM liberated copies but that’s too good of a deal to pass up

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Note: No pilot, Halloween Special, Shallow Gravy, nor Gargantua-2. Christmas is in there though.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

And it's censored.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Today is the final day to sign up for the final VB shirt club.

https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/the-venture-bros-shirt-club?syclid=cjb105qusvits9ei7s30

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bull3964 posted:

And it's censored.

you just be missing out on alot of floppy dicks. :v:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The censored versions are funnier, the uncensored a mere amusing novelty.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

The long beep when explaining a rusty venture is funny in a different way but the actual explanation sends me into hysterics

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

What’s amazing to me about this series is they never missed a beat. When’s the last time venture bros came out? Five years ago? They picked up like it was nothing, same with every season that came out eons after the last. Not a slump anywhere.

Shore Leave’s voice was a little hoarse, but that’s it :v:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Kinda forgot about the show around season 4 or 5, doing a rewatch to finish things off with the movie. Does anyone know of a gallery that has all the episode title cards? I wanted to pretty things up in my Plex server and I'm pretty surprised I can't find one since the episodes themselves actually have title cards. Looking for something like this, but for all episodes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/venturebros/comments/14zguqu/favourite_title_card_design/

There is one elsewhere on Reddit but it's all the eps in the season 6 style, while I would prefer each season keeping its unique style.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The art of a comedy bleep is lost in this modern age

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
The individual shirts are revealed. My phone isn’t letting me paste a link, but I’m disappointed by Follow that bikini

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah I'm kinda bummed at no monarch or arch shirt

kinda wished i held back but I'll be happy if the boys get a little bit of the proceeds

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Glad I didn't spring for the hundred bucks. I am buying, at most, two of these shirts.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't want any of those.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Worth it for the Hank shirt.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Snagged the Hank shirt, I’m surprised that one wasn’t sold out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They should just get a print on demand service for all the old shirts.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

They should just get a print on demand service for all the old shirts.

And hoodies, I missed out on the Gargantua-2 one back in the day and my Guild hoodie is ancient and faded

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I... don't like any of the new shirts

I want this old Guild design, it's listed but Sold Out
https://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/the-venture-bros/products/the-venture-bros-guild-of-calamitous-intent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Fort Ross owns. Jefferson Twilight owns. Will give follow that bikini to GF. Hanks is ok but still good.