Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Your ace is in the hill and you're going to intentionally walk the second batter of the game? That's ridiculous and yes its wrong.

I'm being a bit glib because I'm the local Shohei nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Dejong is the exact type of player Atkins and Shapiro love to trade for: great defender, controllable, and a guy I never wanna see hit ever in my life.

He’s fine, and he’s a smart man of science. Treat him sweet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I doubt this will come to pass but I think Cohen would be guillotined if it somehow did

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticMLB/status/1686368936168988672?s=20

DefensiveLockout
Feb 18, 2022

camoseven posted:

Pirates get 3 minor leaguers back headlined by Jackson Wolf, a 6'7 soft tossing lefty who... relies on deception and unusual arm angles to get batters out?! Nice, we traded 43 year old Rich Hill for 24 year old Rich Hill!
I'm actually most bummed about Estuar Suero headed your way. A scrawny 6'5" CF who looks likely to stay there and is already showing signs of power (questionable hit tool bc long) and is still just 17.

Very traditional deadline return of a guy who could give a few years of cheap middle relief, a nondescript AAAA bat, and a guy who will either be forgotten in two years or be another Preller success story for another team.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NO!!!!! NOT M.A.N.R.O.D.!!! JED YOU FIEND
https://twitter.com/sahadevsharma/status/1686409173565689860?t=s79fZWJ5RC7dn2BLBD-xGg&s=19

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Wouldn't have minded picking DeJong up on the cheap. I guess with Luciano up and Thairo back soon, infield wasn't a priority.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Manny Rodgriguez is going to be one if those 1.35 ERA Rays roborelievers in 2024, don't trade pitchers to the Rays you fools!!!!!

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 1, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/1686437142300413970

Nice to see Magic getting into the MLB twitter game

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Clearing 40-man room for Alonso obviously

edit: somehow neither of those players were on the 40-man

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

IcePhoenix posted:

Didn't they trade a few guys away yesterday? Seemed apparent to me they were, unless they have guys in the org ready to step into those spots.

Traded a high leverage BP arm, depending on how it works out they can handle the loss of Sewald by spreading more innings around Brash/Topa/Munoz. Or by just not needing high leverage innings every night.

Teoscar has been pretty rough this year and they just acquired an OF yesterday. Kelenic is out probably the next month through an easy schedule mixed in with games against Houston.

Neither move communicates selling to me because of the org depth in the BP/ability to grab a mid leverage arm elsewhere and just how rough Teo has been.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/mikedeportes/status/1686436528300445712?s=20

DO IT MIKE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm so sorry but the capitalization of Hot there got me.

Sissy Jerry Reinsdorf of failing Chicago White Sox and owner of bad basketball arenas has a problem-his Dylan Cease trade is no longer "hot"

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Padres play a series in South Korea next year so of course they got Choi.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I would be sad to see Cease go. Him and LouBob are the only 2 worth keeping, trade the rest for whatever you can get.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This is exactly what the Orioles should target.

I don't like them being well run.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah out of all the SP out there for trade Cease seems the most likely to just kill it down the stretch.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/katiejwoo/status/1686397392281546752

Ok this trade is good now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

This too

https://twitter.com/RealPaulDeJong/status/121433734477123584?s=20

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I will forgive a lot about this trade deadline if we walk away with Cease, loving pull the trigger Mike

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If you’re going to try for a starter this makes a lot more sense than Justin Verlander

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh now that he's a Blue Jay he can give weekly pressers to the NY Post about how he'll never play for the Yankees

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

PLEASE

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/status/1686441003501178889

"Go out there and make it sound like it's not our fault"

Strong "we tried" energy right here

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nodoze posted:

https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/status/1686441003501178889

"Go out there and make it sound like it's not our fault"

Strong "we tried" energy right here

Much like their off-season. I actually don't blame the Yankee fans for being upset if they do absolutely nothing before the deadline.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So are the Yankees supposed to be buying or selling? Who are we buying? Who are we selling? Are we wringing hands over the possible missed return for Wandy Peralta and Harrison Bader? Or the missed upgrade of Jeimer Candelario? Trying to get straight what I'm supposed to be mad about.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

my morning jackass posted:

They changed this since Elias came aboard.

Are the Orioles still banned from Korea

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

selling goes against everything the Yankees stand for

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

So are the Yankees supposed to be buying or selling? Who are we buying? Who are we selling? Are we wringing hands over the possible missed return for Wandy Peralta and Harrison Bader? Or the missed upgrade of Jeimer Candelario? Trying to get straight what I'm supposed to be mad about.

You should be mad that the team has been built terribly for years and years now and they have a TON of bad contracts and no ability to develop young players. Nothing that they can do today can really fix it in the short term. I just would like to see some different faces to give me a reason to actually want to watch the games other than Judge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

Nothing that they can do today can really fix it in the short term.

Thank you for saying something I can agree with and confirming that any outrage from the fanbase today is purely performative temper tantrums.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

DefensiveLockout posted:

I'm actually most bummed about Estuar Suero headed your way. A scrawny 6'5" CF who looks likely to stay there and is already showing signs of power (questionable hit tool bc long) and is still just 17.

Very traditional deadline return of a guy who could give a few years of cheap middle relief, a nondescript AAAA bat, and a guy who will either be forgotten in two years or be another Preller success story for another team.

Yea Suero is a lottery ticket with great upside. I'm just thinking over the next few years (when I hope we're competitive) Wolf will be the piece that matters

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

zoux posted:

Oh now that he's a Blue Jay he can give weekly pressers to the NY Post about how he'll never play for the Yankees

Actually he can do it just once and they’ll endlessly bring it up for him!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

Thank you for saying something I can agree with and confirming that any outrage from the fanbase today is purely performative temper tantrums.

There should be outrage that the team is spending 300 million dollars to be dogshit and even worse than dogshit, boring dogshit... And that there is no accountability for anyone in the organization no matter how terrible they are at their jobs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WTF happened to Rizzo, I saw some comp today that he's actually been way worse in NY this year than Gallo ever was.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

You should be mad that the team has been built terribly for years and years now and they have a TON of bad contracts and no ability to develop young players. Nothing that they can do today can really fix it in the short term. I just would like to see some different faces to give me a reason to actually want to watch the games other than Judge.

There aren't any bats available, that we know about anyway, to fix the offense for the rest of the season. They aren't winning poo poo, might as well get rid of guys who aren't going to be around like Bader. Also the relief market is pretty hot and someone like Holmes who is pretty replaceable should command a good return

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

WTF happened to Rizzo, I saw some comp today that he's actually been way worse in NY this year than Gallo ever was.

Old, back problems and also BACK problems, I hope the Cubs give him $100 million to hang out until he is 45.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

zoux posted:

He has been complete dog poo poo since sometime in June, I think, when they were in Seattle and his back was acting up.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
DeJong seems to be doing a bit better since coming back this year but he wasn't great at all last year and will not shed a tear. G'luck out there Paul

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mcmagic posted:

There should be outrage that the team is spending 300 million dollars to be dogshit and even worse than dogshit, boring dogshit... And that there is no accountability for anyone in the organization no matter how terrible they are at their jobs.

You can be mad and critical of the team all you want. But being mad about the team not making deals at the deadline to improve this team (either as buyers or sellers) when also acknowledging that those deals probably don't exist is just being mad to be mad. Its just children lashing out to make themselves feel better. Hell you mocked the ONE plausible sell deal suggested in the media.

zoux posted:

The best theory anyone has is that he hurt his neck a couple of months back when a runner ran into him and that while they insist he's fine physically that he messed something up mechanically that he can't figure out. Losing Judge as protection and everyone else in the lineup sucking probably didn't help either.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I sometimes imagine the poo poo fit mcmagic would throw if the Yankees were actually bad rather than simply average and have a little chuckle to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1686448056638877696

Gentlemen...