Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
X has actually filed suit against CCDH now

https://twitter.com/xDaily/status/1686314041201790976

here's the link to the complaint so you don't have to click through https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23892311-x-v-center-for-countering-digital-hate-inc-complaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The CFAA is so loving ambiguous it's basically just them saying "they probably did something wrong idk"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
it's a federal crime to violate the terms of service of a web site. just fyi, all you naughty posters out there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the fbi is moving in on CKF as we speak

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

“Free expression is so important. That’s why you should never be able to express criticism of me or my companies.”

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

who wants a bluesky invite

edit: sold

shyduck has issued a correction as of 21:32 on Aug 1, 2023

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

shyduck posted:

Yo

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Check your DMs

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Cool good idea Mr. Musk, allowing discovery to happen in trials has always worked out for you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
x/twitter

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s such a bad lovely rebrand everyone has to do the X/Twitter thing because if you did “X files lawsuit against CCDH” it’d confuse most people

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

only to the limit allowed by law though, don't want to lose market share

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
1. Defendants Center for Countering Digital Hate, Inc. (“CCDH US”) and Center for Countering Digital Hate Ltd. (“CCDH UK,” collectively “CCDH”) -- activist organizations masquerading as research agencies, funded and supported by unknown organizations, individuals and potentially even foreign governments with ties to legacy media companies --

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

3. CCDH’s underhanded conduct is nothing new. It has a history of using similar tactics not for the goal of combating hate, but rather to censor a wide range of viewpoints on social media with which it disagrees. CCDH’s efforts often rely on obtaining and intentionally mischaracterizing data in “research” reports it prepares to make it appear as if a few specific users (often media organizations and high profile individuals) are overwhelming social media platforms with content that CCDH deems harmful. CCDH uses those reports to demand that platform providers kick the targeted users off of their platforms, thus silencing their viewpoints on broadly debated topics such as COVID-19 vaccines, reproductive healthcare, and climate change.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

nice try minotaur

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait musk is against climate change now? Lmao

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

death penalty for scraping

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Now?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

3. CCDH’s underhanded conduct is nothing new. It has a history of using similar tactics not for the goal of combating hate, but rather to censor a wide range of viewpoints on social media with which it disagrees. CCDH’s efforts often rely on obtaining and intentionally mischaracterizing data in “research” reports it prepares to make it appear as if a few specific users (often media organizations and high profile individuals) are overwhelming social media platforms with content that CCDH deems harmful. CCDH uses those reports to demand that platform providers kick the targeted users off of their platforms, thus silencing their viewpoints on broadly debated topics such as COVID-19 vaccines, reproductive healthcare, and climate change.

so it's okay to be racist as long as you're not "overwhelming social media platforms"?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

he's going to say the earth is flat next and he'll be right

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

do not read our website

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Your honor they broke the rules of my website and that is a crime punishable by death and, even worse, being banned. I rest my case.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's going to say the earth is flat next and he'll be right

never wrong musk

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He's just asking questions

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

the milk machine posted:

it's a federal crime to violate the terms of service of a web site. just fyi, all you naughty posters out there

don't post small bart

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
if elon ever sells, the person that buys the company should ban him

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

oh nooo not a tos violation

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
loling at how the rebrand makes contracts and legal documents even more unreadable

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

shyduck posted:

edit: sold

:smith:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Did you make this data publicly available on your website?

Yes

But you expect 3rd parties to not access that public data?

Yes

Are you stupid?

Yes

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

oh word? what viewpoints is CCDH targeting? surely they're fact-based and not vile or totally unhinged at all, why else would you bring this suit

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

this is what the advertisers have been waiting for, they are going to flock back now

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

"The CCDH illegally obtained X data in two ways - scraping via bots, and through gaining unauthorised access by a 3rd party to data given securely to Brandwatch. This also involved violating the X Terms of service which it agreed to on creating its account."

I can't believe they would illegally call our platform bigoted by looking at it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My instincts tell me Elon is going to venue shop and win the lawsuit.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
illegally accessed 'X' and experience 1,290 unregretted mental torture-seconds

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ikanreed posted:

My instincts tell me Elon is going to venue shop and win the lawsuit.

He’s too dumb for that, he already filed in California.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
e: whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
elon's complaint was handled by a white-shoe ny law firm, so i guess his pitch to recruit his own team of street-fighting litigators didn't work out