Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, Joker Sting was just the Dark Knight Joker complete with makeup job and lines from the movie. With a dash of Jim Carrey's Mask thrown in.

Yeah but I didn't have to see people online telling me it was pure horror movie cinema and Ryan Satin wasn't retweeting QR codes for TNA, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm not sure QR codes existed at the time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did Joker Sting ever belly flop into a hole on PPV PLE?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
No but he forced Bischoff to sell for a bird.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

I'm not sure QR codes existed at the time.

they were invented in 90s and i think the mid-2000s was when cellphones become widely capable of scanning them

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Well there you go, where the gently caress was Ryan Satin?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I mean, Joker Sting was just the Dark Knight Joker complete with makeup job and lines from the movie. With a dash of Jim Carrey's Mask thrown in.

Hell even Crow Sting was stolen from a movie too lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What movie was surfer sting stolen from

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Whereever that is he should go back there

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

History Comes Inside! posted:

What movie was surfer sting stolen from

The Endless Summer, of course.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

A Fancy Hat posted:

I still can't get over Uncle Howdy looking almost exactly like the villain in The Black Phone and being named after a character in The Exorcist. Bray showing creative genius below your average haunted hay ride.

And even if you enjoy that kind of poo poo, eventually there's gotta be a match, and that match will always be dogshit because Bray only cares about LORE. Despite being born into a wrestling family he just has no clue how or why wrestling stories are told.

The Halloween bullshit only leads to more Halloween bullshit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mooseinfants posted:

Whereever that is he should go back there

I haven't seen Satin posted in the Chris Regal thread in ages so perhaps he collapsed under the weight of all his bad takes

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Either working on Smile… You’re Under Arrest starring Sheriff Joe Arpaio or working for TMZ and maybe doing something involving 911 calls from deceased wrestler’s families?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

maruhkati posted:

And even if you enjoy that kind of poo poo, eventually there's gotta be a match, and that match will always be dogshit because Bray only cares about LORE. Despite being born into a wrestling family he just has no clue how or why wrestling stories are told.

The Halloween bullshit only leads to more Halloween bullshit.

Yeah, I don't remember anyone calling Sting a creative genius for blatantly stealing from movies (which wrestling has always done, to be fair) and he at least tried to build to actual matches.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't really think Howdy being a clear derivative of horror stuff is that big a deal. Wrestling rips off pop culture all the time and its not as if Captain Howdy or The Phone Booth are basic mainstream information. Like Bray Wyatt's original form was just Cape Fear and people loved that.

If a wrestler had brilliant creative ideas they probably wouldn't be wrestling for a living.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bray should go back to stealing from "You're Next". Bring back the animal masks and change his entrance music to "Looking for the Magic" by The Dwight Twilley Band or the MTG cover that plays during the credits.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bray should go back to stealing from dumpsters

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1686277292224397313

Can't wait to watch former mma fighters have a wrestling match under mma rules?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm going to blame HHH for Bray's creative. Just feels right.

Like, can you imagine Hunter saying to Bray "oh sure, you can do whatever you want! You're a genius!" or would he rather make Bray use his own or the writers' dumb ideas instead?

Digital Jedi posted:

Now THAT'S sport entertainment, brother!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

we going minus stars on this one????

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Over/under????

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Digital Jedi posted:

Have them do it in the pit/cage they put Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman in at SummerSlam 99.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
was IRS ever mentioned in the LORE or is he one of those I'll make it on my own DAD!!! fail sons?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hirez posted:

was IRS ever mentioned in the LORE or is he one of those I'll make it on my own DAD!!! fail sons?

After the Fiend was released from The Firefly Dimension he supposedly encountered IRS and attempted to possess him. This possession didn't fully take, however, and the taxman instead changed into "Mr. Wallstreet" and joined the NWO. He eventually purged the demon with a powerful white magick ritual, which led to him once again becoming Mike Rotunda and reforming the Varsity Club.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Ronda's final day in WWE will be nominated for worst match of the year within an hour and possibly forgotten entirely by December. What a way to go out

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did Ronda request Shayna put enough poo poo on her eyes so she no longer looks as stupid by comparison?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Did Ronda request Shayna put enough poo poo on her eyes so she no longer looks as stupid by comparison?

It's like someone with cataracts trying to dress as Black Swan

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The best thing about Rousey in the Fed was always her weird Street Fighter gloves

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm gonna set it at 1.25.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

https://torontosun.com/sports/other-sports/kevin-owens-remains-humble-despite-wwe-superstar-status

Kevin Owens' deal is up in 2025 and he doesn't know if that's when he'll retire or not

We already knew what his new name would be if/when he leaves the Fed, we just had to look for the signs.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Digital Jedi posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

So are they going to bust out the UWFi or Pancrase rules? Or the Lion's Den? No?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

What space marine chapter has Shayna not done as gear?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

https://youtu.be/IMafijpWGm4

NWS UUDD YouTube content, E's shirt obviously cannot contain his immaculate huge chest.

It is nice, also worrying, to see Big E carry Kofi on his back and give him neck based crotch sweat transfer.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ronda Rousey vs Weird Eyebrowsy

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

MMA matches don't just end with a KO or submission. What about ref stoppage, doctor stoppage, judges scorecards, or even disqualification?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Lumbermouth posted:

What space marine chapter has Shayna not done as gear?

I can’t remember her ever wearing colors of any chapter besides heresy-era legions. Legions I at least don’t recall ever seeing include iron hands, raven guard, blood angels, alpha legion.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Who's going to do the run-in for the distraction finish in the MMA RULES MATCH?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Bas Rutten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Hedgehog Pie posted:

AUGUST 5 WARNING