Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

I can only ever hear his name as JAKE BUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEEER after that White Sox radio call in.

He's got a real john Houseman name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

LIGHT THE CANDLE

Seiya needs more than just a day off. He looks broken

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1686479802201518080

This is kinda weird lol. Unless he just doesn't want to move his family.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Apparently ERod used his no trade to kill a deal to the Dodgers.

SON OF A BITCH

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I get it, I wouldn't play for the perfidious dodgers either

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Probably Puig's fault.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

NGL it's kinda funny watching players spurn the Dodgers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m not super thrilled about giving up Jake Eder for Burger

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1686479802201518080

This is kinda weird lol. Unless he just doesn't want to move his family.

tiduslaughing.avi

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

No more Burger and Colas on the same team :(

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

STAC Goat posted:

Do we really think there’s anything they could have done? Would picking up a few mid level prospects for Bader/Peralta/Gleyber really have saved the day or made a real difference aside from a soft punt on the rest of the season?

It’s pretty safe to say this isn’t their year. Unless they’re gonna keep Bader and Gleyber and spend their way out of their roster construction, they may as well dump what they can to add something to the minors, especially given their obsession with getting under the highest cap tier.

Standing pat just reeks of their usual excuse bullshit: blame injuries (despite them picking up injury prone players like it’s a market inefficiency) and assume that next year will be better because “there’s so much talent on the roster.”

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

live with fruit posted:

Probably Puig's fault.
indeed
https://twitter.com/BlakeHHarris/status/1686481123243851779

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Well Played Mauer posted:

It’s pretty safe to say this isn’t their year. Unless they’re gonna keep Bader and Gleyber and spend their way out of their roster construction, they may as well dump what they can to add something to the minors, especially given their obsession with getting under the highest cap tier.

Standing pat just reeks of their usual excuse bullshit: blame injuries (despite them picking up injury prone players like it’s a market inefficiency) and assume that next year will be better because “there’s so much talent on the roster.”

They can't even blame injures anymore because Judge is back and the team is still utter dogshit. They aren't missing any significant pieces other than Donaldson who was hitting 140. It's really just incredible that the FO isn't as tired of watching these players as the rest of the fanbase is. It's been years and years and years with these same players banging their head against the wall.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 1, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

From a couple pages back but on the Mancini news

:eyepop:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
If the cards don’t end up moving flaherty I really hope they don’t talk themselves into him as some savior of the roster next year. Would like him back as like a number three or four guy in the rotation but he isn’t reliable enough to be more than that

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

IcePhoenix posted:

Robbing Schwarber of a game changing double in game 5 of the World Series percentile: 99%

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah he's absolutely cooked, like even just from an eye-test perspective the guy's totally lost all his athleticism. He moves like somebody doing the robot in slow motion.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Current talking heads on ESPN and MLB Network are in agreement that the Astros are now the best team in the AL.

Not gonna lie, the dopamine is flying high right now.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

2022 Albert Pujols might have been faster than Mancini.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

Current talking heads on ESPN and MLB Network are in agreement that the Astros are now the best team in the AL.

Are these the same talking heads who said over and over before the start of the season that the Yankees were the clear favorites and would run away with the AL East?

Sydin fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 1, 2023

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

2022 Albert Pujols might have been faster than Mancini.

Wanna see them both race Ty France.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/newsbronx/status/1686481101055729664?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Lmao the exact thing this team needs is another RHB who can’t hit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Verlander throws a 105 mph curve ball that pulls a 180 and obliterates his cock and balls

I'm doing fine today, why do you ask?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Lmao the exact thing this team needs is another RHB who can’t hit

88 OPS+ righty hitter LMFAO

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 1, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Not trade news but lol welcome back MLB ERA leader Justin Steele:

https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/status/1686469170399956992

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I hope Verlander throws a 105 mph curve ball that pulls a 180 and obliterates his cock and balls

I'm doing fine today, why do you ask?

Our aging well past his prime starter that we just traded for is better than your aging well past his primer starter than you just traded for.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Poque posted:

I'm not unhappy but I don't know why you don't just send Wisdom down. He's now our third 3B? Maybe fourth behind Morel?

Mancini has been one of the worst players in all of baseball this year. Wisdom is better than him in every facet.

:lol: at giving Barnhart pity starts in a pennant race.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
GET hosed MANCINI

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kirios posted:

Our aging well past his prime starter that we just traded for is better than your aging well past his primer starter than you just traded for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Yankees are the only team that hasn't made a trade since July 1st lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well Played Mauer posted:

Agreeing in principle this isn’t their year, I just don’t see what is gained from trading parts for what would most likely be middling prospects. I’m inclined to believe Bader and Gleyber are pencilled into next years roster because what’s the better options? But even if they aren’t I just don’t think there’s return there to warrant punting. And I don’t think a team looking to punt would have brought Judge back hurt. Nor do I think they feel they can punt with their fanbase.

The team is the team. I don’t personally begrudge them signing players like Stanton and DJLM coming off MVP caliber seasons who ended up hurt a ton and came out the other side question marks. You can say they knew what they were buying with a Rodon but that’s hardly a finished deal. But there’s no fix here at the deadline or with one free agent signing. And a bunch of fans getting furious and lashing out at any shadow because they might have to go one season not watching their team in the playoffs is just such an ugly look.

If there’s a fix take it. If not you play it out. You can’t just make an opportunity materialize by wanting it.

I guess it makes some people feel better be angry and making other people feel worse. But ugh.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1686485049728696321

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kirios posted:

Excellent vibes today

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ross just said Candelario will be playing a lot of 1B. With how good Madrigal has been at 3B, the Cubs might have one of the best defenses in baseball.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Kirios posted:

I hate that the Angels actually made moves that look like they're trying and then a team in their division just clowns on their FO so hard.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/1686487737669423105?s=20

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Yes Yankees, please take Manuel Margot.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Not trade news but lol welcome back MLB ERA leader Justin Steele:

https://twitter.com/TonyAndracki23/status/1686469170399956992

lol this owns

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I was looking at trades the last year or two ago out of curiosity while waiting for the deadline and...wow.

The Reds absolutely fleeced the Mariners for Winker and Suarez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest I consider today a success as long as Tommy Pham doesn’t somehow end up a Yankee.