Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

doesn’t he still have to be indicted in Georgia
Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND THEY INDICTED ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknT3b08l_g

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://www.fitchratings.com/research/sovereigns/fitch-downgrades-united-states-long-term-ratings-to-aa-from-aaa-outlook-stable-01-08-2023

quote:

Fitch Downgrades the United States' Long-Term Ratings to 'AA+' from 'AAA'; Outlook Stable

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't really care, money's fake

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i don't recall if america has ever been downgraded.. maybe during the 2008 crisis?

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Fabricated posted:

I don't really care, money's fake

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

dioxazine posted:

i don't recall if america has ever been downgraded.. maybe during the 2008 crisis?

it's happened a few times

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The US got downgraded in 2011 too over another debt ceiling showdown

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

yeah it's usually the result of us acting extremely dumb

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you're going to have to narrow that down

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

extremely dumb in regards to the debt ceiling

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
how could a sovereign country that issues its own currency ever default on debts denominated in that currency? i mean, they'd have to do something so incredibly stupid, like pass a law to thwart themselves

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it appears that i have been gravely mistaken in briefly valuing spreadsheets

i shall endeavour to do better in the future

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

DELETE CASCADE posted:

how could a sovereign country that issues its own currency ever default on debts denominated in that currency? i mean, they'd have to do something so incredibly stupid, like pass a law to thwart themselves

But also make a reality show out of themselves going "CAW CAW! CAW CAW! WE'RE NOT GOING TO ISSUE NEW DEBT EVEN TO PAY INTEREST ON OLD DEBT gently caress ALL Y'ALL" and then do this basically every year.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Beeftweeter posted:

I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT AND THEY INDICTED ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IknT3b08l_g

this is my favorite lineread of his

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I would pay so much money to have a moment inside his brain. He didn't just have a phone call. The phone call was perfect. Amazing.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I would pay so much money to have a moment inside his brain. He didn't just have a phone call. The phone call was perfect. Amazing.

its called narcissism, op

Apr 7, 2003

It's a level of narcissism so far beyond our understanding of the pathology that it might as well be a new thing. His phone call was perfect. He did everything right and they indicted him. The old guy who keeled over and died at his tower was disgusting because of all the blood.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i call it narcissism 2

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the telescope story is best lol

Apr 7, 2003

He couldn't have raped E. Jean Carroll because her cat was named *messily overenunciates* VUH-GY-NUHH

Apr 7, 2003

Donald J. Trump is the zeitgeist of our ruling class, the thing that they all want to be, and that's why I know he will never be punished

Jonny's posts about the ruling used car dealer class of Arkansas and their bizarre peccadilloes goes here

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
he is so close to the fire though, there aren't many people left to take the fall. i can't wait to see Rudy get ground up

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Donald J. Trump is the zeitgeist of our ruling class, the thing that they all want to be, and that's why I know he will never be punished

Jonny's posts about the ruling used car dealer class of Arkansas and their bizarre peccadilloes goes here

or maybe, theyll all finally get their due

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it would be amazing if rudy went to jail but i doubt it'll ever happen

Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

or maybe, theyll all finally get their due

lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Beeftweeter posted:

dude won't even get disbarred prolly

Apr 7, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

Our system is obsessed with the decorum of not wanting to let previous choices look bad. Which is why it's going to let these people walk and which is why it's going to fall sooner rather than later.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Beeftweeter posted:

there's always him blowing his own brains out, which honestly seems more likely to me

Apr 7, 2003

I took the new job and they want to send me a top end MacBook Pro 14 + a XDR pro display, is this what working at a startup is like

Apr 7, 2003

I don't want the XDR Pro display because I already have a working office setup with my desktop. loving pain in the rear end

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Sniep posted:

dude won't even get disbarred prolly

i think he already was

e: no. but that's the next step in this process https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/07/us/politics/giuliani-law-license-dc-bar.html

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
yeah i know people are calling for it, im saying i doubt it will actually happen

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

uh oh, what will he do if he can no longer practice law. thats how he puts food on the table

Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

yeah i know people are calling for it, im saying i doubt it will actually happen

None of it will ever happen, the system is set up for people like him

It's way more likely that he comes back to power and punishes all the people who went easy on him because he's an insane dumbass and doesn't understand the kayfabe

e: misread as Trump going to jail, whatever

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

uh oh, what will he do if he can no longer practice law. thats how he puts food on the table

he did so well arguing the election fraud cases

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I took the new job and they want to send me a top end MacBook Pro 14 + a XDR pro display, is this what working at a startup is like

ya

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I don't want the XDR Pro display because I already have a working office setup with my desktop. loving pain in the rear end

???

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its Free Computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it's too loving big i wouldnt want it either. 24in wuxga krew