Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i wonder if the doj is even still looking to make deals at this point? they seem to have a pretty complete picture so idk what you'd even have to be able to give them to save your own skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lammasu posted:

Was Guiliani always this stupid? I mean he looked kind of competent during 9/11. But I couldn't sleep so I stayed up all night watching Animal Planet so my perceptions could be skewed.

Apparently he fell down a flight of stairs at some point like ten years ago and welp

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
Can the DOJ dangle a plea deal in front of Trump that basically says, "Drop out, never run for anything again, and this all goes away"?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Technowrite posted:

Can the DOJ dangle a plea deal in front of Trump that basically says, "Drop out, never run for anything again, and this all goes away"?

No, i just made it against the law to let ol donny wriggle out

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ha, the NYTimes is pretty cute.

“Because the people are not identified, observers will try to match their descriptions against prominent allies of Mr. Trump in his attempt to subvert the election, like Rudolph W. Giuliani, John Eastman, Sidney Powell, Jeffrey Clark, Kenneth Chesebro and others.”

Hey, those names line up with co-conspirators!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Technowrite posted:

yes but there's a small problem: trusting trump to uphold his end of the bargain

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Technowrite posted:

If found guilty by a jury, he literally qualifies for the loving death penalty on charge #4 Conspiracy Against Rights my dude. I think they're fully in "not loving around" mode. (If you do an insurrection and someone dies or is sexually assaulted you qualify for death penalty).

And no, I don't think this penalty will be applied.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 2, 2023

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012

Rescue Toaster posted:

Doesn't Ginni Thomas sort of fit for #6, as completely insane as that would be?

I will explode in a puff of joy if #6 is Ginni Thomas

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Discussing this on video seems unwise?
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1686545876456546304

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.

evilweasel posted:

yes but there's a small problem: trusting trump to uphold his end of the bargain

That was my thought, but I'm sure they can add extra leverage? I must admit my legal ignorance here, so forgive the mindless and baseless speculation on my part.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

neurobasalmedium posted:

I will explode in a puff of joy if #6 is Ginni Thomas

I wonder why #6 is so hard to identify. Could it be some kind of professional courtesy? Like "we'll do you the favor of waiting for 24 hours"?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

AhhYes posted:

I wonder why #6 is so hard to identify. Could it be sober kind of professional courtesy? Like "we'll do you the favor of waiting for 24 hours"?

Probably just doesn't have an identifiable quote to their name.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
#6 might be Mike Roman

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

AhhYes posted:

I wonder why #6 is so hard to identify. Could it be some kind of professional courtesy? Like "we'll do you the favor of waiting for 24 hours"?

I’m holding out hope that they’re bending over backwards to show respect to the wife of a sitting justice.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Technowrite posted:

No, for a couple different reasons

1) doing so would be a violation of the rights of his voters for removing their ability to democratically elect a president. They would sue, it would fast track to SCOTUS and risk the entire case being thrown out as bullshit.

2) they would functionally make everything that Trump has been screaming come true, in that this is all about keeping him from being president again and nothing about upholding our laws.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cimber posted:

#6 might be Mike Roman

I think it's Stone

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Is this guy's name Barry Zuckercorn? Because I'm getting some intense Zuckercorn vibes.

Caros
May 14, 2008

AhhYes posted:

Largely just that the others have a bunch of identifiers. You can look at #1 and link it to an exact quote Giuliani made. You can look at #2 and go 'oh, yeah, that is clearly John Eastman'

6 is tough because it is a political consultant (there are a million) with no direct quotes or links to stuff they did.

That said, it is Ginni Thomas. 100%

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

AhhYes posted:

Because they’re barely in the document. 1#-5 all have pretty obvious things like Co-conspirator 1 giving a speech that was Giuliani, same for Eastman. If you’ve been following the investigation you figure those out quick.

But #6 did really bland stuff anyone could’ve done. There is insufficient evidence to make even an educated guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Caros posted:

Largely just that the others have a bunch of identifiers. You can look at #1 and link it to an exact quote Giuliani made. You can look at #2 and go 'oh, yeah, that is clearly John Eastman'

6 is tough because it is a political consultant (there are a million) with no direct quotes or links to stuff they did.

That said, it is Ginni Thomas. 100%

I'm still thinking it's Stone. I don't know who else has private numbers of GOP senators that would have been described as a consultant.

It also implies to me that Stone will face charges, possibly related to this and also the Georgia clusterfuck

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xiahou Dun posted:

Because they’re barely in the document. 1#-5 all have pretty obvious things like Co-conspirator 1 giving a speech that was Giuliani, same for Eastman. If you’ve been following the investigation you figure those out quick.

But #6 did really bland stuff anyone could’ve done. There is insufficient evidence to make even an educated guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not just anyone can reach GOP senators on short notice. It's somebody who has a big network, and they wouldn't even be in the indictment unless they were staring down charges.

neurobasalmedium
Sep 12, 2012

Lammasu posted:

Was Guiliani always this stupid? I mean he looked kind of competent during 9/11. But I couldn't sleep so I stayed up all night watching Animal Planet so my perceptions could be skewed.

He was USAAG and US Attorney for SDNY (James Comey got the seat about 15 years later), so no he was not always this stupid. SDNY gets the best of the best the DoJ has to offer - but then age, alcohol, drugs, and fame creep in for some of them.

neurobasalmedium fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 2, 2023

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

mdemone posted:

I'm still thinking it's Stone. I don't know who else has private numbers of GOP senators that would have been described as a consultant.

It also implies to me that Stone will face charges, possibly related to this and also the Georgia clusterfuck

I mean this is way anecdotal but....

She hasn't been exactly quiet about her opinion on the whole thing. She would have the kind of network required to get in touch with all of the players, and would probably have access to enough legalese to at least make it appear sensical in court.

With that being said a lot of people match that description though so I don't think we are going to know for sure until we get some more info.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sounds like the walls of Mar-a-Lago are getting a fresh coat of ketchup tonight.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
#6 is probably going to be Bannon or Stone or some functionary we've never heard of.
Thomas is possible, sure, but like a 2-3% chance

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

cr0y posted:

No, for a couple different reasons

1) doing so would be a violation of the rights of his voters for removing their ability to democratically elect a president. They would sue, it would fast track to SCOTUS and risk the entire case being thrown out as bullshit.

2) they would functionally make everything that Trump has been screaming come true, in that this is all about keeping him from being president again and nothing about upholding our laws.

Also you can't make any deal with Trump that relies on his future conduct because whatever you want him to do he won't

In such a situation he'd just run harder and louder and brag how they begged him to stop

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1686554657504583680?s=20

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Crossing the streams a bit, I was looking through my January 6 memes and stumbled on this:

multiple sources posted:

“From the standpoint of telephone calls, I don’t remember getting very many,” he said, later adding, "Why would I care about who called me? ...were calling me, what difference did it make? There was nothing secretive about it. There was no secret.”

My source says The Independent but https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/07/trump-interview-jan6/ has it. Meanwhile "since I* hate my children, a parent* can't possibly talk to their child* without it being illegal", meanwhile "what a grandpa*"... who likes to shoot the poo poo with his son. (T, JoeB, Hunter, JoeB).

What a bunch of lying inconsistent traitor scumbags. I was honestly betting on house arrest for T, but today has renewed some of my sense of justice: T being in a jail cell for life, no windows, no communication devices, just a TV playing all his speeches back in his face, intermixed with every piece of failure, of his life and voting party.

Why thank you Jack (Smith) for reminding us that he's innocent until proven guilty. It was proven on 1/6. Looking forward to that being made official and the neverending maga tears.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Eric Bolling still has a show? On what? He’s been fired from every right wing media grift.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Lol

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1686565746728738817

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Trump's argument that this is all a hoax and a witch hunt is going to end up working out because no sane person is ever going to be able to believe that someone is capable of committing this many crimes.

Caros
May 14, 2008

mdemone posted:

No, you need to understand. While it could be stone, it is Ginni Thomas.

I deserve these laughs.

cr0y posted:

Trump's argument that this is all a hoax and a witch hunt is going to end up working out because no sane person is ever going to be able to believe that someone is capable of committing this many crimes.

Ah, the Sam Bankman-Fried defense.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Kinda wonder if DoJ asked her to sit on this so they could flood the zone

ArmyGroup303
Apr 10, 2004

If this were real life, I would have piloted this helicopter with you still in it.

Xand_Man posted:

So when is Georgia gonna jump in on the dogpile?

Caros
May 14, 2008

ArmyGroup303 posted:

So when is Georgia gonna jump in on the dogpile?

"August".

Tragicomic
Jun 6, 2011

by Modern Video Games

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

I was honestly betting on house arrest for T, but today has renewed some of my sense of justice: T being in a jail cell for life, no windows, no communication devices, just a TV playing all his speeches back in his face, intermixed with every ' piece of failure, of his life and voting party.

How do you get that sense back?

I feel so jaded that I could see a headline saying 'Today starts the fifth year of T's sentence in super max' and I'd still be like 'oh, how's he gonna get out of this one?'

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Xand_Man posted:

Nah, everyone could see the smoke that express train was putting up from over the horizon. Just get out of the way, let it rumble through and get the next one, there’s lots of room. Dismantling Trump Org is important and she’ll get lots of kudos once it’s done.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oh no, not Co-Conspirator 1

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
The trial is going to be crazy. They are going to be calling congressmen, senators, cabinet members, the vice president the AG and state governors and legislators and etc… to testify.

That’s totally surreal.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Murgos posted:

The trial is going to be crazy. They are going to be calling congressmen, senators, cabinet members, the vice president the AG and state governors and legislators and etc… to testify.

That’s totally surreal.

God I am not going to get a single loving thing done that entire time.