Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
That joke doesn't work since MAGA freaks love when Donny is indicted, they give him a bunch of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Phillies traded Bailey Falter to the Pirates for Rodolfo Castro

... sure

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Watching the Yankee game now. They’re losing and it’s like the whole crowd walked in right when the deadline clock struck midnight.

It sounds like a library on TV

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Well Played Mauer posted:

Watching the Yankee game now. They’re losing and it’s like the whole crowd walked in right when the deadline clock struck midnight.

It sounds like a library on TV

If you're still giving Hal your money at this point you're a stupid rube. Find something else to do.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's pretty crazy that Bell's on his fourth team in 366 days.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/maxtgoodman/status/1686526873113604096?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Hope this freak loses his job

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's GM for life. Literally.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
“In it to win it” will always remind me of Hillary Clinton and this front office is a perfect analog

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Didn’t he just get a four year contract extension this past offseason? Also I like how neither of those guys are hitters.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Pirates traded Austin Hedges, my least favorite Pirate! Unfortunately they also traded Rodolfo Castro, my most favorite Pirate. What a roller coaster of emotions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They think this offense is great. They showed you that during the offseason and again today. They think there are no issues with this offense.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
The Yankees didn’t even poo poo the bed because making GBS threads the bed requires some sort of molecular motion

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Lugo and Martinez!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Well Played Mauer posted:

The Yankees didn’t even poo poo the bed because making GBS threads the bed requires some sort of molecular motion

They have been making GBS threads the bed in slow motion since like 2017.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I am holding onto hope that the twins have some secret Winning Mindset trade that we hear about in like 2 hours.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

More toxic?

Sab it's time to step up, your time has come.

I'm a delight imo. I'm very nice to everyone in this thread

I love baseball and all of its fans and players (except 1).

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

camoseven posted:

The Pirates traded Austin Hedges, my least favorite Pirate! Unfortunately they also traded Rodolfo Castro, my most favorite Pirate. What a roller coaster of emotions.

When is Oneil Cruz back?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/status/1686533736148377600

LOL

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Bregor posted:

When is Oneil Cruz back?

The latest update is that he's swinging a bat and they hope to have him play in the majors again before the end of the year.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 2, 2023

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hope they can stabilize his spine

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Frame this and put it up under "we tried"

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
The Yankees front office is as bad at doublespeak as that gently caress from EA that went on Reddit and said you should play 40 hours a week to unlock Darth Vader

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is literally nothing cashman can say to defend his performance as GM and not sound like an idiot. It speaks for itself.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mcmagic posted:

There is literally nothing cashman can say to defend his performance as GM and not sound like an idiot. It speaks for itself.

you have been banging the Cashman sucks drum for years - people gave you a lot of poo poo for it - but drat, he sucks.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

“constrained by a budget” lmao George must be spinning

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Candelario Report: He has three singles and a double off the wall in four plate appearances. He also has an error that led to a Reds run.

Trade winner: CUBS

Kevlar v2.0 fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 2, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Bregor posted:

“constrained by a budget” lmao George must be spinning

Meanwhile Jed was in the Cubs booth had some very slick mealy-mouthed PR speak lined up about how the FO was "aware" of the luxury tax and that "there was no financial issue" but from a "baseball standpoint" of draft picks and escalating penalties they thought it would be better not to dip into the tax, which is presumably the reason why they weren't willing to go after any relievers being paid actual money.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Anthony Santander is such a quietly solid hitter

e: oops thought this was the GDT. but my point stands

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 2, 2023

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that Brian is tied to Hal so Cashman can never be fired because Hal doesn't want to admit he should have fired Brian long ago.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What a freaking statement day for the Astros. Holy poo poo.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

N: o-hitter
V: aldez

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
gently caress the Astros are gonna win the AL and go to the WS again aren't they? I hate baseball

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

thehoodie posted:

gently caress the Astros are gonna win the AL and go to the WS again aren't they?

Hopefully

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

One baserunner. This dude was out of the rotation in 2020.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

zoux posted:

Framber and JV at the top of the rotation. That rules so hard man.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Joining the pantheon of Sean Manaea, Phil Humber, and Edwin Jackson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Framber with the Maddux no-no. Feels good man

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Joining the pantheon of Sean Manaea, Phil Humber, and Edwin Jackson

93 pitches

Lol that this is also Yordan Day

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

zoux posted:

Running a team out like we did tonight it’s no surprise. 5 guys with an OPS under .670. This team is a joke right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If the Jays could miss the playoffs so the the front office gets shitcanned and Ohtani mashes playoff taters i think I'd be ok with that.