Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Hunter feels absolutely bonkers.

Maybe it’s just the combination of new expansion plus new month, but it feels extremely easy to fall hopelessly far behind if you’re not active in the early turns. Ramping or drawing cards feels like suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Jesus loving Christ is standard full of nothing but wall to wall bullshit.

To finally get 5 wins I had to play against
-Warlock that cheated in multiple 9+ mana minions starting on turn 5
-Priest that copied and summoned their class titan at least 5 times
-Paladin that filled the board with mechs on turns 3 AND! 4
-Shaman that did 32 face damage from nature spells on turn 7

Every new track I am reminded once again why I re-roll the standard wins quest after the first week.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Orange Crush Rush posted:

In what is possibly the least shocking news ever, Jotun makes Relic DH just completely bonkers

Not too shabby in Spell DH either.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

E. Revenant posted:

Every new track I am reminded once again why I re-roll the standard wins quest after the first week.

This is funny to read because I'm trying to play Mech Paladin and am getting nowhere. Who cares if you can build a board if everyone can wipe it out with ease

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

E. Revenant posted:

This meta seems pretty cool so far lol

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

World War Mammories posted:

okay, the interaction between cleave minions like hollow hound/stonebound gargon and always a bigger jormungar (give a minion +2 attack and excess damage hits the enemy hero) is god-drat hilarious

Hodir and Stonebound + that 3/1 Mech that can magnetize to beasts + ABJ on a following turn will give you a 18/16 cleave with excess damage dealt to your opponent, since Hodir's effect will be put on the Mech before it latches on.

Same with Hollow Hound of course for the full Reno effect.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

E. Revenant posted:

You can do that quest in Wild and soon Twist when it releases.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Twist isn't happening until september

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Renethal Jormungar hound hunter is super fun.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
To make everyone else's legendary luck feel better:

*20 standard packs and 57 Titans packs later*

Odyn and Norgannon.

Whee.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Maybe confirmation bias but it feels like Helya’s plague shuffles are going to the bottom of the deck, or not working at all.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Are they not supposed to go to bottom after hitting once?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If they are it should be stated on the card because it’s much much worse and is different from every other reshuffle effect

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Seriously, it might just be the honeymoon period of everyone having fun with the new cards, but it feels nice to get what seems like a high power level expansion. Feels like most of the classes got something busted this go around. I remember when Festival launched and all the top decks were only using two or three new cards.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Shaman will absolutely end you every game by turn 8 at the latest. It doesn't matter what your life total is, I was able to do 72 on turn 7 earlier lol.

It's really fun but I'm not sure what they'd have to nerf to get it in line without dumpstering the class. Probably a bioluminescence nerf.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

Shaman will absolutely end you every game by turn 8 at the latest. It doesn't matter what your life total is, I was able to do 72 on turn 7 earlier lol.

It's really fun but I'm not sure what they'd have to nerf to get it in line without dumpstering the class. Probably a bioluminescence nerf.

What list is this?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

The Lord Bude posted:

What list is this?

I think I'm running the regular deck recipe minus the 1/3 weapons and 2/3 reduce the cost of a random overload card by one, plus horn of the windlord/bioluminescence

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

I think I'm running the regular deck recipe minus the 1/3 weapons and 2/3 reduce the cost of a random overload card by one, plus horn of the windlord/bioluminescence

could you paste the deck list from the game?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

The Lord Bude posted:

could you paste the deck list from the game?

Yea if Hearthstone ever updates on my phone, but again, it's literally just the latest shaman deck recipe with the two changes I mentioned.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 2, 2023

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Yeah Shaman is pulling off crazy stuff.

RatHat posted:

If they are it should be stated on the card because it’s much much worse and is different from every other reshuffle effect

It's a poorly worded card in general. I feel they've gotten worse with their wording in this expac.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I really like the idea behind most decks, but so non has really clicked for me. Mech Rogue is perhaps closest? (Although I haven't tried Shaman.)

goferchan posted:

Seriously, it might just be the honeymoon period of everyone having fun with the new cards, but it feels nice to get what seems like a high power level expansion. Feels like most of the classes got something busted this go around. I remember when Festival launched and all the top decks were only using two or three new cards.

:tipshat:

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

RatHat posted:

Maybe confirmation bias but it feels like Helya’s plague shuffles are going to the bottom of the deck, or not working at all.

I definitely got a helya's plague on the opponents 2nd or 3rd draw just now.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this meta. New cards are fun, but could end up being polarizing between the best aggro deck (probably either mech rogue or mech pally) and whatever ends up being the best control deck. So far I've somehow managed to dodge the ABJ hunter, but I imagine that's also up there in brutality.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it turns out playing a 3 mana Sargeras on turn 6 is kind of OP

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Rogue can do some busted stuff, and mech rogue is the only deck that's consistently beaten shaman spellpower, and they've always beat me the turn prior to me going off so it's tight, but having stealthed mechanics that can get windsurf magnetized is pretty scary.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Seen zero rogues and zero warlocks so far in 40-50 games since yesterday

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Not gonna lie, that felt pretty, pretty good - especially considering that opponent's name and his animated smug Rafaam hero portrait.
Of course he couldn't stop emoting after his turn.

Didn't even do the math (too lazy), just yolo'd the hail Mary for perfect lethal.
(Yes, in hindsight hitting the other Behemoth would have been one more damage)

(link is just the last two turns)

https://hsreplay.net/replay/3uV9jMt7Jss8xZ3uGX3V5X#turn=10b

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 2, 2023

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah Shaman is pulling off crazy stuff.

It's a poorly worded card in general. I feel they've gotten worse with their wording in this expac.

They have at least started making the 'cards generated by this card' viewable in the collection with this update. I hate the idea of having to find a wiki to know what a card in front of you even does.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Blasmeister posted:

They have at least started making the 'cards generated by this card' viewable in the collection with this update. I hate the idea of having to find a wiki to know what a card in front of you even does.

It’s kinda funny though, they made it so it can display a max of 6 cards so it doesn’t show any of the cards made by the warlock legendary spell

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
sounds like the expac is off to a good start?

what's super busted right now? tried spinning up hs again and promptly ran into a bunch of blood dks and plague dks so that was pretty fun...

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I've played some of this ABJ cleave hunter:

### Custom Hunter
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Always a Bigger Jormungar
# 2x (1) Bunch of Bananas
# 2x (1) Thornmantle Musician
# 2x (1) Trinket Tracker
# 1x (2) Absorbent Parasite
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Castle Kennels
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Spirit Poacher
# 1x (2) Titanforged Traps
# 2x (3) Wild Spirits
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) Stonebound Gargon
# 1x (6) Aggramar, the Avenger
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Hodir, Father of Giants
#
AAECAZerBAjnuQSwkwXipAX0yAXf7QXk+AXX+QWAggYL6ukDvOMEzOQE0OQE0uQEqqQF5soFj+QF5PUFmfYF0vgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Feels great. I think it probably gets refined to be faster, cutting Hodir and Hope for some more burn. I wouldn't be that surprised if it ended up with more weapons and some spitters.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I did Twist for the end of month rewards and I found it to not as bad as I initially thought it would be.

Feels weird to miss it already.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a decent Miracle Rogue deck floating around? I've heard rumors…

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The winrate for this is undoubtedly like 30% with mech/hunter aggro decks and shaman inevitability out and about, but this deck was very fun to play a control v. control game against

I can something like it being a good meme deck after initial nerfs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ugh I didn't realize that the plague cards gently caress with Dredge by actually shuffling your whole deck when they go in. I guess they neutralize that Paladin card too that reorders it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I really want to try plague DK but I'm missing the titan, Helya, and three epics.... that's too much for me to craft even if I have the dust lol

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really want to try plague DK but I'm missing the titan, Helya, and three epics.... that's too much for me to craft even if I have the dust lol

I've got good news about the brawl then!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I've got good news about the brawl then!

can confirm it's filled with dks.

it is however fun to outroll them as mech rogue - otk'ing dks has never felt better.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

In a development nobody could have seen coming, thief rogue remains hot garbage

Is this the first time a new expansion has also launched on the first day of a new season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Just outlasted a warrior that was over 60 in health and armor combined with plague DK, this deck is so much fun and you can actually feel people getting mad when they keep drawing the plague cards late -game.