Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Oneiros posted:

that was basically the pf solution for p10s's daemonic bonds 3 a couple months ago

thankfully it didn't seem to catch on

it probably should have for PFs - every duty complete group i joined today had to spend healer lb3 after bonds 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Mister Olympus posted:

also most ultimates are 20+ mins actually, though i know some of the more brutal wow endbosses have been up there too
Doing a quick look on Youtube, the first three are around 17 minutes but Thordan and Omega were both 22 minutes long, so it looks like the newer ones are five minutes longer.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
if those are from future expansions they've probably pushed a bit past the original timing with dps. the first three approached 20 or were at it before level sync, ucob before gear sync because the gear jump in 4.x was harsher on ucob than the equivalent in 5.x was for tea.

basically the rule of thumb is that dps checks/enrage timers stop mattering for ultimates when their expansion passes, because potency changes and adjustments for syncing err on the generous side.

to further the wow comparison for newcomers, it's not like the 30% nerf that happens when the patch number ticks over there, because of 14's specific approach to these particular fights is that they want the mechanics to always be as hard to learn, but to ease off on the dps when it's not 'current' since it's hard to really intentionally balance job updates around "how does this play at every previous level cap?" which is ultimately how you get things like tankcob and deathcob.

every other level of difficulty--including stuff that was pretty hard when current--is subject to the equivalent of the 30% thing once its time is past, so you can eventually just brute force most stuff if you want a glam or mount.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 2, 2023

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
picked up MRD from 1 , did potd 1-10, did some fates and class quests and hellll yeah this rules. Maybe i misstepped by going straight into gnb as a side piece and then getting overwhelmed

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
i think if you come back to gunbreaker after having played a tank and a melee at equivalent levels, it'll all probably fit together. tanks have been in a pretty good spot for a while now, in terms of how all their stuff has clear equivalents across each job. once you've got your head around warrior at 60, you'll probably immediately notice where those equivalents are on gunbreaker.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah once you get a feel for the tank role in a context that isn't sink-or-swim, you'll be able to look at GNB and everything'll click

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I played Gladiator/Paladin to 50 before picking up Gunbreaker and I thoroughly recommend that or the MRD/DRK equivalent as a way to ease into tanking before getting to wear your trenchcoat made of explosions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That's good to know--I've primarily played monk but I was hoping to dip my toes into a tanking class soon

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Helps that WAR is the most fun tank.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Zaggitz posted:

Helps that WAR is the most fun tank.
:hmmyes:

Our lore rules ("I'm literally too angry to die. That's it."), our rotation is simple, and our roulettes are relatively painless since even if our healer's new or bad, once we get Raw Intuition we basically don't need one any more.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"This silly Warrior storyline about characters getting too caught up in the rage to pay attention to anything else. I would never be so weak. Hey what's this Fel Cleave button do..."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Everyone makes fun of Curious Gorge but he's basically just every bad roulette tank, except less convinced that he's the protagonist of reality

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Hey all! Krile Krew started back up last week. We are a Primal community dedicated to assisting people with experiencing the foray content. We started out in Eureka but we also help with Save the Queen (aka "Bozja") content.

We are especially looking for players who have never tried the foray content, been hesitant, or bounced off of its complex or opaque systems. We guide players from start to finish through the foray leveling process, then help them transition to existing communities that host endgame runs of this content.

Many of our participants have started from Elemental Level 0 and gone on to acquire their own orb of pondering, completed multiple of the fashionable relics, and come away far richer from the tradable rewards.

We run on Saturday nights at 8pm EST for about two or three hours. We also help at various other times throughout the week! No experience is required to participate. We welcome players that have never stepped foot into Eureka and are curious to see it for themselves.

Don't let just me sell you on joining - here's what some of our other members had to say about their time in Krile Krew!

To participate in Eureka, you must have level 70 on any job and have completed the 4.0 MSQ. (stormblood spoilers) Speak to Galiena at Chakra Falls in Rhalgr’s Reach, accept the quest “And We Shall Call it Eureka.” Follow the breadcrumbs until you can enter Anemos via speaking with Expedition Ferryman Rodney near the Pier 1 Aetheryte in Kugane.

You can join our discord here: https://discord.gg/9FjjDQthhF

I look forward to seeing some fresh faces this Saturday evening!

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

nice! I started Eureka recently and only just unlocked Pagos today. I had a blast in Bozja so I'm planning on sticking it out to clear Baldesion Arsenal at the very least. count me in

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The roughly 50% of words that i understood in that post intrigued me greatly. I will attempt to participate!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
There is a prom happening at some residence tonight and I’m going to do the splash red paint on the winner from the top of the venue like Carrie while my buddy runs around with a pig pet

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

girl dick energy posted:

:hmmyes:

Our lore rules ("I'm literally too angry to die. That's it."), our rotation is simple, and our roulettes are relatively painless since even if our healer's new or bad, once we get Raw Intuition we basically don't need one any more.

I like to describe the class as “tee hee axe go brrrr”

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

That Little Demon posted:

There is a prom happening at some residence tonight and I’m going to do the splash red paint on the winner from the top of the venue like Carrie while my buddy runs around with a pig pet

time to find out if the estate owner remembers you can kick people out of a house lmao

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
kind of wild to go so quickly from 'rping is really fun and i'm enjoying it a lot' to 'i'm going to troll the gently caress out of these people rping'

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

He's trolling in an rp-friendly manner, which is the highest form of the art really.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

flatluigi posted:

kind of wild to go so quickly from 'rping is really fun and i'm enjoying it a lot' to 'i'm going to troll the gently caress out of these people rping'

Uh, hmmm… lmfao

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IC trolling ftw.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's nice to see typical goon trolling behavior, nostalgic.

You'd need to play a long con to crash a wedding, though, those are invite-only scheduled instances.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I remember one goon wedding where the assigned venue photographer left their horny mods enabled and we got to see a penis in a group shot afterward.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Now I kind of want to show up for a prom party in conservative dorkwear and roleplay as a chaperone trying to make sure all the catgirls aren't dancing too close. LEAVE ROOM FOR HALONE, LADIES

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Antivehicular posted:

Now I kind of want to show up for a prom party in conservative dorkwear and roleplay as a chaperone trying to make sure all the catgirls aren't dancing too close. LEAVE ROOM FOR HALONE, LADIES
Give me time to make an alt named Halone Ladies.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dareon posted:

It's nice to see typical goon trolling behavior, nostalgic.

You'd need to play a long con to crash a wedding, though, those are invite-only scheduled instances.

There was someone advertising a wedding in Gridania today and I thought, gee, if only ONE other loving person on this website would work with me, we could have dressed up as a bride and groom and said WE actually had that venue booked instead for the same time, same place, and caused a scene. We would need more people to pretend to be guests for our wedding I suppose, but yeah, its totally possible. Too bad you all are playing this game for the absolutely DREADFUL rear end single player story lmfao

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

poo poo, my Dynamis alt is already a femroe with glasses and a bun, she's one bad pantsuit away from being The Math Teacher Dragged Into Prom Chaperone Duty

If only we had a "take a discreet shot from your hip flask" emote

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

rp trolling is fun as hell and people do it all the time

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's a delicate balance of RP trolling between helping to spice stuff up and being an obnoxious unfunny dickhead, but I trust TLD. He seems a good lad.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

having witnessed his growth in this thread over the past... month? I think he'll be fine

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

1stGear posted:

There's a delicate balance of RP trolling between helping to spice stuff up and being an obnoxious unfunny dickhead, but I trust TLD. He seems a good lad.

Most of the unfunny dickheads I’ve been around roleplaying with are just dickheads who aren’t roleplaying. No one is setting up an elaborate Carrie recreation at a nerd prom like I am lol. But like I said, check my thread in IZ and you can see what I’m talking about

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

There was someone advertising a wedding in Gridania today and I thought, gee, if only ONE other loving person on this website would work with me, we could have dressed up as a bride and groom and said WE actually had that venue booked instead for the same time, same place, and caused a scene. We would need more people to pretend to be guests for our wedding I suppose, but yeah, its totally possible. Too bad you all are playing this game for the absolutely DREADFUL rear end single player story lmfao

I signed up to work with you sometimes. I’ll bar crawl at least

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thinking about the classic gimmick RPer

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wish that was me

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Skeezy posted:

Wish that was me

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Wish that was me

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Runa posted:

Thinking about the classic gimmick RPer

These are the ones I think about

Ordinaire
Sep 1, 2008

Forks in the road we're not.
All this rp talk has got me wanting to get back into my gambling habits. Too much gil anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The character weddings are a special thing that you have to register with SE ahead of time. They actually take place ingame in a special cathedral you can't access otherwise, there's cut scenes and stuff too. You can still crash them by being invited to attend but you can't double book because it's handled by the game's backend