Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
not mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
That's cruel. I bet Cope loves it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Courage redeems the world, and Elka is saving Emil.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

hell yeah.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Anyone not seen is still alive. Cope is too much the sadist to ever resist reveling in the drama of a dead character.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

*hums lullaby* mother, lock your nursery tight

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
What's Knock talking about on the previous page, about Duane? I actually can't remember the last time we saw him, though.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Lost track of him when the second vliegeng hit the tower.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i sense an uppance coming

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"you don't kill me! she won't tell me who does!"

i uh think it's possible that it's not ilganyag that ilganyag is freeing from the khert

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that's not so much a hand as it as a paw isn't it

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Who paw dat? I suck at the lore.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
recent revelations include that Ssael was a real guy, that he somehow did transcend to exist whole and undiminished in the khert, and that Ilganyag was close with him in some unspecified capacity

Lion Jesus is risen and given the way this story’s been going I don’t think he’s here to bring loaves and fishes

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well, that'd properly gently caress Duane in the head even more than it already has been.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

Seriously though I was torn about those beans. His original design had very plain human hands but if I’m gonna go furry, I might as well go full weird kinky furry. They have a lotta money.

also I think it's more likely to be Sette's brother than Ssael if only because I feel like Ilganyag would have been more exuberant if Ssael had shown up, but we'll find out soon enough

could be, or be the same as, the OG Etalarche - I've been feeling like the genocide of the kitties was pretty sudden and fervent even by proto Aldish standards

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Quigley: <freeze frame> Yep. That's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this position.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Poor Quigly. Even if he (probably) lives, it has to suck that when the issue of "someone has to die" arises, everyone instantly stares straight at you, and you have to live with that, lol.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Twenty Four posted:

Poor Quigly. Even if he (probably) lives, it has to suck that when the issue of "someone has to die" arises, everyone instantly stares straight at you, and you have to live with that, lol.

To be fair when you've spent most of the last week yelling about how you're a terrible father, a terrible person, and generally a blight on everyone cursed to have you in their lives, it shouldn't be a surprise if people think you'd be up for the self-sacrifice bit.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

To be fair when you've spent most of the last week yelling about how you're a terrible father, a terrible person, and generally a blight on everyone cursed to have you in their lives, it shouldn't be a surprise if people think you'd be up for the self-sacrifice bit.

Oh of course, he is not a "good person" exactly, but there are outright horrible, evil, mustache twirling type villains without a single redeeming value abound within a stone's throw at any given time in this setting, or even random nobodies that at bare minimum could be classified as "enemies" because moments ago they were trying to murder members of the main cast, but everyone immediately looks at him when they think of "someone's gotta die", lol.

It's a good gag.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

you'd be up for the self-sacrifice bit.

Also thinking on that, maybe if he was deep in the middle of one of his self-loathing tantrums he would be in a "go ahead and put me out of my misery for the good of everyone" mood, but otherwise Quigley is a total coward. I doubt any of the cast is thinking he would be readily willing to sacrifice himself.

They just all immediately stare at him when they consider "who around here that we know is complete garbage", and it's a good joke, lol. Like I said, if he (probably) lives, that's one more thing hanging over him.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Twenty Four posted:

Also thinking on that, maybe if he was deep in the middle of one of his self-loathing tantrums he would be in a "go ahead and put me out of my misery for the good of everyone" mood, but otherwise Quigley is a total coward. I doubt any of the cast is thinking he would be readily willing to sacrifice himself.

They just all immediately stare at him when they consider "who around here that we know is complete garbage", and it's a good joke, lol. Like I said, if he (probably) lives, that's one more thing hanging over him.

Oh yeah, he seems very likely to live through this. That's the worst possible outcome for him after all.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yes yes. loving do it.

:yeshaha:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"We need to kill someone."
"Quigley."
"I know this is a difficult-
"We've decided, it's Quigley."

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Really appreciate the joke of Bastion scoffing at Sette signing her handiwork at the Nevergreen when he goes full ham with his signature.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Twenty Four posted:

knock's willing to arm wrestle and/or punch him about it, presumably because she's aware she's a career kneebreaker and occasional murderer so gotta take the initiative on this

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

You'll save your Chea, Captain. You've one more badge to gift.

also did toma loot a laser cannon from bloedlus?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

does this mean alds

have british accents

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
All the internal politics of Alderode makes a lot of sense if they're a British analogue. :hmmyes:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

The true horror of the Aldish nation revealed: They're magic Brits.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
I feel like Duane and Elka are taking the "ribbing as a means of communicating mutual respect when it's still too difficult to say so overtly" a touch too far but drat if it isn't hilarious.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Runa posted:

does this mean alds

have british accents

Could be the inverse

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Good luck, Knock-Me-Down Frummagem :911:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

o7

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gross market manipulation. I'm worth several Mattys.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
drat when even Duane is just like “shut up nerd” you know you’re a nerd

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Duane is king nerd. He just knows his kingdom.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Someone should tell Duane that he'd make a pretty good priest.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, now that Ashley's got me rooting for Quigs she's gonna get him murked in a brutal way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
We'll just find out Matty has been dead the entire time. Cool scene, though.