Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Setting aside his X gf hangups, he really does not see how significant "tweet" was

"posted it on X" sounds like you can substitute any dumb site for X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay seriously what is the idea behind X being a payments thing? Is there a theoretical purpose for this or is it really just because he's trying to make a new PayPal? I can't figure out what the supposed use would be for X being a payment platform. I know these are questions that have no answer because X is just whatever Musk and his sycophants want it to be on any given day but I have no idea why people keep talking about X being a revolution in payments or whatever. And I assume neither do they.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Entropic posted:

Jeffrey should add a feature on the SA store where you can pay to hide the grenade icon that plat gives you

Only if it also makes you unable to get private messages.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He's harbouring a decades long grudge because Peter thiel wouldn't let him rename PayPal as x

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

explosivo posted:

Okay seriously what is the idea behind X being a payments thing? Is there a theoretical purpose for this or is it really just because he's trying to make a new PayPal? I can't figure out what the supposed use would be for X being a payment platform. I know these are questions that have no answer because X is just whatever Musk and his sycophants want it to be on any given day but I have no idea why people keep talking about X being a revolution in payments or whatever. And I assume neither do they.

he's trying to copy WeChat

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

He wants to be WeChat for the West where they do everything for everyone and there are no competitors.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

OH gently caress I'M LATE

also the bee photo and story were sweet as hell and just what the thread needed

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He's harbouring a decades long grudge because Peter thiel wouldn't let him rename PayPal as x

it's this yeah

he's a petty little poo poo who won't ever accept no and has had it stuck in his head for twenty years that he was denied the ability to destroy paypal with his own stupidity that everyone was telling him was dumb as gently caress

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

explosivo posted:

As others have said, he's trying to copy WeChat but his Twitter couldn't even handle a loving radio broadcast for Ron DeSantis, so good luck having folks trusting him with their banking information.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Musk's would be more like

2h: waiting for bodyguards to verify nobody is waiting in the bathroom with a shank
53h: xing

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Saddest Rhino posted:

yeah its basically this ^

https://every.to/p/twitter-s-future-is-a-return-to-elon-musk-s-past

thiel and some other dude ousted him because he was a dumbass and his vision for X (paypal) to be a "global financial nexus" was gong to bankrupt them, and they wanted paypal to become what it actually did in the end.

and it was very successful once they booted him, so musk is still trying to prove that his X.com vision was the real genius idea.

the internet is very different these days so it's slightly modified to do everything people do with the internet now (like others have said, basically a wechat ripoff). but the paypal thing is definitely why he's so desperate to pivot the new X.com into finance and banking.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
WeChat’s special “thing” is that it’s a complex chat app where you can send money to anyone and do all sorts of commerce. This is what the tech bros mean when they say an “everything” app.

Though the size and influence of the app has nothing to do with the feature set, but of course Elon is incapable of even making sense of the feature set alone. He plays with his action figures thinking he’s releasing a Marvel movie every Thursday.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

and some of them do it all wearing 4 inch heels! #girlboss #twitter #x

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Elon musk: "Russia is protecting the future of white women and children, death to democracy"
Twitter CEO: "teehee, I'm a girl! 😍"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanks all, I had no idea about WeChat. Makes sense that he desperately wants to copy someone else's idea while pitching it as a revolutionary new thing that only he can make happen.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

I love this image. That 20 hours of Miscellaneous stuff like travel and exercise that normal people do but don't get paid for? That's CEO work baby!

Also puts them back into like 35 hours a week. Take out the 5 business meals, where its just a god damned paid lunch break and CEOs work 30 hours a week. gently caress off WSJ.

Edit: Elon must work 90 hours a week if you include time for tweetXing

delightful fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 2, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

steinrokkan posted:

Elon musk: "Russia is protecting the future of white women and children, death to democracy" I <3 Anal
Twitter CEO: "teehee, I'm a girl! 😍"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah I love Executive Time™

That's why they make the big bucks because they're doing the big things

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Splitting out "being on the phone" into two categories so it looks like they're not sat around doing gently caress all for four hours

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

He made a X on X, it was about this X that was posted that he didn’t like so he Xed at his followers.

Someone make me a gigantic flashing sign.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I suppose it's utterly lost on anyone reposting this bullshit that all four men presented exist right now.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

5er posted:

I suppose it's utterly lost on anyone reposting this bullshit that all four men presented exist right now.

I dunno it says that guy on the left is from the 40s

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

5er posted:

i'd like mr 1940's number

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Nothing says Men Going Their Own Way like complaining that men aren't blindly following the societal expectations and standards of 80 years ago

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

crispix posted:

i'd like mr 1940's number

My grandpa is busy taking care of his wife, pervert!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm guessing they also didn't bother with the detail that heights have been increasing over the years for the general population.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Tsietisin posted:

I'm guessing they also didn't bother with the detail that heights have been increasing over the years for the general population.

don't worry, austerity is stunting the growth of children in a lot of countries of late :britain:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Tsietisin posted:

Actual facts? Careful now, if you scare off an advertiser, you're gonna get sued.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

There's actually something to the stereotype of american men from the early 20th century as being big and burly. In the 1910s and 1940s the first exposure to a lot of people in europe was large groups of young americans who, unlike them, were NOT coming off of several years of food rationing and blockades. The average late teens/early 20s GI would be taller and heavier than their european counterpart. That all normalized once people started eating normally, because of course this was a result of differences in nutrition and not culture.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

holtemon posted:

Hell yeah I love Executive Time™

That's why they make the big bucks because they're doing the big things

For sure there are executives who work less than their employees, but I have more experience with executives whose whole identity is their job who do legitimately work 60-80 hour weeks because the sociopathy and single-mindedness that brought them to the top also alienated their social contacts and made them fail to develop hobbies or non-work personalities.

This isn’t a defence of workaholic executives: working for them sucks, and is arguably worse than working for the exec who leaves early for a round of golf. But my guess is the workaholic type is actually more common than the barely working CEO.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

William Bear posted:

My grandpa is busy taking care of his wife, pervert!

Well when he's done, can he take care of mine?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Halisnacks posted:

For sure there are executives who work less than their employees, but I have more experience with executives whose whole identity is their job who do legitimately work 60-80 hour weeks because the sociopathy and single-mindedness that brought them to the top also alienated their social contacts and made them fail to develop hobbies or non-work personalities.

This isn’t a defence of workaholic executives: working for them sucks, and is arguably worse than working for the exec who leaves early for a round of golf. But my guess is the workaholic type is actually more common than the barely working CEO.

You've missed the point - their "work" isn't work it's loving palin' around being ideas guys

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Halisnacks posted:

Define work.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
MGTOW nerds all get into a room, and based on their own sample, scream and cry “men these days are so stupid and have small penises!!”

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

With the rebrand, Instead of tweets they should be called Marks. Because X marks the spot. Then you can remark instead of retweet.

I've now thought more in depth about this rebrand than Elon.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

RodShaft posted:

With the rebrand, Instead of tweets they should be called Marks. Because X marks the spot. Then you can remark instead of retweet.

I've now thought more in depth about this rebrand than Elon.

More like X spots the marks.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

This is from 2009.
I wonder how many hours of shouting on social media that graph would have now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Halisnacks posted:

Being online or in the office 60-80 hours per week isn't the same as actually working 60-80 hours per week.