Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

debatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kirby is a glutton and a scoundrel he’s no hero of mine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Correct

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

First you draw a circle
Then you dot eyes
Add a great big smile
And presto, it's Kirby!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

hatty posted:

Kirby is a glutton and a scoundrel

Agreed that Kirby is my hero :hai:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1686755283320934400?s=20

Fantasian looks like it's escaping Apple Jail

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

browsing the PS2/GameCube library and came across a Curious George platformer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wle90ovNDLs

It got like a 50 from critics at the time, but they make started to make a lot fewer 3D platformers per year from the PS3 era onward, so my standards are lower. When I went to random moments in the playthrough, I didn't see anything that looks like it'd be annoying. The textures in the city more than hold up in HD, probably because sometimes the camera sometimes zooms way in toward George, but it's zoomed out most of the time. I never watched the movie because I was too old for it, and I liked the 1982 series art with stop-motion watercolor illustrations better, but the Flash/computer-made looking art from 2006 is fine when it's used in a video game context

edit: except they have George make fake monkey sound effects whenever he does anything that would be really annoying to hear for like three hours straight, not sure how anyone involved in that thought that'd be a good idea

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 2, 2023

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

galenanorth posted:

browsing the PS2/GameCube library and came across a Curious George platformer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wle90ovNDLs

It got like a 50 from critics at the time, but they make started to make a lot fewer 3D platformers per year from the PS3 era onward, so my standards are lower. When I went to random moments in the playthrough, I didn't see anything that looks like it'd be annoying. The textures in the city more than hold up in HD, probably because sometimes the camera sometimes zooms way in toward George, but it's zoomed out most of the time. I never watched the movie because I was too old for it, and I liked the 1982 series art with stop-motion watercolor illustrations better, but the Flash/computer-made looking art from 2006 is fine when it's used in a video game context

idk i looked at 1:04:13, i get the impression the controls suck. Also random loud monkey noises

But i do hear the voice of David Cross

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it should stay there and rot

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1686768820872978433

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I finished Humanity yesterday. I expected a puzzle game but was very pleasantly surprised by how much variety it offers you over the course of it.

You play a tiny 'ghost' dog that interacts with a basic block-based world and its inhabitants, which are hordes of humans that behave like lemmings. My first thought when starting was "Oh wow, these guys made a modern Lemmings 3D". The humans come flooding out of gates and you place commands such as "Turn" and "Jump" on the ground to guide them past traps and toward the level goals.

But it gets more complicated than that. The game is divided into chapters that are themed around new commands you get as you progress. I won't spoil it but there's a turning point halfway through that changes how you interact with the humans... and how they interact with the world they're in. It becomes a hybrid puzzle-strategy game, a bit like... Darwinia? And more stuff happens after that. I think it's well paced and put together, the levels are never too hard, I never hit a brick wall in difficulty. It helps that the game limits how many commands are in play for each level, so there's only so many potential options you have to consider. There's also optional, harder levels that test your knowledge of certain mechanics.

Many levels have optional objectives, often cleverly built into the structure of the puzzles. There may be a time limit because the humans are pushing a block along a path and you have to figure out a way to reach some switches in time. Others have you carefully preserving the limited amount of humans you have in play, because you need specific amounts of them at the end.

Oh, and there's also cool stuff like fast-forwarding and retrying while keeping all your commands in play, so you can easily reset and make tiny adjustments to everything you've built. Again, it's just really well designed.

Overall I really liked Humanity, enough to 100% the game.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the music, it's also great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6ZNP52sEso

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 2, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I thought it was just a mediocre Civ attempt, that sounds pretty cool

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
That Crisis Core remake seemed to just come and go. I've heard absolutely nothing about it, but it's on sale (or was, yesterday). Seems like maybe it wasn't good / only for the die-hards?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

I thought it was just a mediocre Civ attempt, that sounds pretty cool

No that's Humankind

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Outer Worlds?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's a good day to be a switch gamer. At work when no one's around I play some theatrhythym, when there are coworkers lurking I lower the volume a lil and play some Oracle of Ages

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Baldur's Gate 3 on one monitor, EVO 2023 on the other monitor. This will be a good gaming weekend.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

While I'm watching a tournament I usually have a fighting game up in practice mode and do battles when there's stream downtime

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

While I'm watching a tournament I usually have a fighting game up in practice mode and do battles when there's stream downtime

Yeah! EVO makes me fire up all of the fighting games that are headlining the weekend and play them while they are being shown on Twitch.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://gamerant.com/what-baldurs-gate-3-class-zodiac-sign

Hopefully this helps someone decide!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was hoping the Genasi would be in BG3 but alas

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WoW's monthly free reward is a cosmetic set, that is VERY much specifically designed for Trolls to make them look like spooky rear end Blood Trolls.

It looks dope af on them

However it doesn't have any race restrictions, so it means I can turn my Gnome Hunter into a loving gremlin

Perfect.
No notes.
:kiss:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Any game that lets you use cosmetics constantly is the best game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hey i had a level 58 vanilla gnome i logged into like twice in bofa or legion, still never got her to 60. is she still level 58 or did that crunch thing mess her up?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hwurmp posted:

what's this

Battle of deez nuts

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
it was the one that added bee mounts but not for me and my bee themed hunter

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

what's this

The meme name for Battle for Azeroth

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

This says I should be a wizard. Wizard is my least favourite dnd class

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

fridge corn posted:

This says I should be a wizard. Wizard is my least favourite dnd class

Well you have two options. You could give it a shot and try out the wizard to appease the cosmos, or you could invent a way to time travel back to the year you were born to move your birthday. I don't see any other plausible solutions at the moment

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to be a warlock, I am okay with this.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Propaganda Hour posted:

Well you have two options. You could give it a shot and try out the wizard to appease the cosmos, or you could invent a way to time travel back to the year you were born to move your birthday. I don't see any other plausible solutions at the moment

I think I might just try it especially since I never play wizards in games. Thanks!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Way of the Astral Self Monks aren't in.

0/10

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So apparently there might be some Animal Crossing Lego on the way :nyoron:

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed that Kirby is my hero :hai:

You are also Kirby's hero.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kirby isn’t real

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kirby just flew over my house

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby isn’t real

Mods, permaban please

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kirby is real and he posts on this very website. None of you will be happy about what he posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Kirby isn’t real