Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

MJeff posted:

How much money do you make playing for something like a British league or hell, the downcard leagues in the states?

Well in the British league at least you have NHS for now so you don't have to pay to get treatment for the horrendous injuries and brain trauma you sustain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

The first episode of a nine part series on the history of the Vikings by Dorktown is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRhFEGREiac

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Save big money at Menards

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Save big money at Menards

You'll save big money,
You'll save big-money,
When you shop Menaaaaaaaards

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Packers did something kinda interesting yesterday by having Zach Tom start at center. If they stick with that going forward then the opening offensive line will be Bakhtiari/Jenkins/Tom/Runyan/Nijman. That's all the five best linemen on the field at the same time.

The problem with this is if Bakhtiari has to sit out a few series or even a game or two. Moving Tom to LT if he's the center is a no-go -- switching centers is a great recipe for fumbled snaps -- so that would mean we have someone subpar at one of the tackles.

But if Bakhtiari can stay healthy and active this could be one of the best Packers lines of the past couple decades.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

SKULL.GIF posted:

Packers did something kinda interesting yesterday by having Zach Tom start at center. If they stick with that going forward then the opening offensive line will be Bakhtiari/Jenkins/Tom/Runyan/Nijman. That's all the five best linemen on the field at the same time.

The problem with this is if Bakhtiari has to sit out a few series or even a game or two. Moving Tom to LT if he's the center is a no-go -- switching centers is a great recipe for fumbled snaps -- so that would mean we have someone subpar at one of the tackles.

But if Bakhtiari can stay healthy and active this could be one of the best Packers lines of the past couple decades.

Yeah, about that...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Yeah, about that...

He was healthy all of last year except for the freak appendectomy.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Hot Diggity! posted:

He was healthy all of last year except for the freak appendectomy.

Callin it now. Freak spleen injury in week 2.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
His other appendix

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Appendix B,

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1686772868728733696

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

HootTheOwl posted:

Appendix B,

Beeppendix

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

The defensive line does seem to be beating the poo poo out of the O-line still so that is suboptimal.

If only the team had a bunch of cap space to sign good lineman. Oh well...

This is the kind of training camp reporting I'm used to for the Bears.

https://twitter.com/danwiederer/status/1686796016215879699

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Neat article from the Athletic closely following Jamo at the most recent practice:

https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1686869175241789440?t=aOVgyJo0cvTW0_jo3e37Hg&s=19

It's gonna be really interesting to see what happens when he hits the field. He still clearly needs a lot of practice, but he's working hard and is really drat talented. If he can put everything together and get on the same page as Goff, he's gonna be a really exciting player to watch this season.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Niwrad posted:

If only the team had a bunch of cap space to sign good lineman. Oh well...

This is the kind of training camp reporting I'm used to for the Bears.

https://twitter.com/danwiederer/status/1686796016215879699

4 wins here we come.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My bold prediction for the final division standings:

1st: Lions
2nd: Bears
3rd: Vikings
4th: Packers

My homerism is probably putting the Bears higher than they should be (and the Packers lower than they should be) but aside from the Chiefs and Chargers games, every other game on the Bears' schedule is winnable. If they win the majority of those games, that's 8 wins, which is probably good enough for second in this division.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Pass protect?
Not in Fields life

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

HootTheOwl posted:

Appendix B,

Aka the gallbladder

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My bold prediction for the final division standings:

1st: Lions
2nd: Bears
3rd: Vikings
4th: Packers

My homerism is probably putting the Bears higher than they should be (and the Packers lower than they should be) but aside from the Chiefs and Chargers games, every other game on the Bears' schedule is winnable. If they win the majority of those games, that's 8 wins, which is probably good enough for second in this division.

gently caress it. Bears gonna have a season like '01. Gonna win some stupid games against some bad teams and then lose to the Eagles in the playoffs ((Again)and when I say again its like when the third roommate in Shaun of the Dead screams about the bad roommate(nick frost) and the door being open...AGAIN!). 11 to 13 wins.

Just for parities sake some of the teams we're gonna play should be ok or good, but we're playin a pretty easy schedule. Nfc south, afc west, the other 4th place nfc teams(washington,arizona), and the browns.

Hopefully this isnt followed by a season like '02.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1687095660133208064

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Neat article from the Athletic closely following Jamo at the most recent practice:

https://twitter.com/colton_pouncy/status/1686869175241789440?t=aOVgyJo0cvTW0_jo3e37Hg&s=19

It's gonna be really interesting to see what happens when he hits the field. He still clearly needs a lot of practice, but he's working hard and is really drat talented. If he can put everything together and get on the same page as Goff, he's gonna be a really exciting player to watch this season.

I kind of like Risdon's take on Jamo. He's going to be boom or bust. He'll have games were he has 2 catches for 26 yards and a drop.

Then have a game where he has 8 catches for 140yds and 2TDs and blow someone up on a block.

The other receivers are pretty consistent, but none of them will just wreck a game like Williams will.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

OK I've come around on this motherfucker. Mark Murphy owns. #nofilter

https://twitter.com/TheGameMKE/status/1687097195076685826

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/StaceyDales/status/1687095685047332864

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Packers win the division at 9-8 and a tiebreaker over the Lions.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

OK I've come around on this motherfucker. Mark Murphy owns. #nofilter

https://twitter.com/TheGameMKE/status/1687097195076685826

:lol:

“66% and four wins” :getin:

:unsmith:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

drat gonna be wild to see how the Lions manage to disappoint and crush their fans this year.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Dexo posted:

drat gonna be wild to see how the Lions manage to disappoint and crush their fans this year.

Same as it ever was

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Looks like GB is giving Zach Tom a real look at center. Not surprising given that Meyers has been really just fine at best, which is pretty disappointing given his college accolades.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Dexo posted:

I feel like we are close to mathmatically running out of new ways this can happen.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Looks like GB is giving Zach Tom a real look at center. Not surprising given that Meyers has been really just fine at best, which is pretty disappointing given his college accolades.

I wonder if Myers has any trade value or if we'll just retain him as a backup? I could see trading Myers to some center-needy team for another developmental prospect at tackle to make up for Tom moving over from T to C.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Never underestimate the Lions’ ability to lose a game (or games) on subjective rulebook technicalities, and then have those technicalities be named after Lions players once they’re further clarified in the rulebook for the following season.

The Lions lead the league this century in apology letters from the NFL front office.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Gonz posted:

Never underestimate the Lions’ ability to lose a game (or games) on subjective rulebook technicalities, and then have those technicalities be named after Lions players once they’re further clarified in the rulebook for the following season.

The Lions lead the league this century in apology letters from the NFL front office.

Just a few more than 2nd place which is the wives and girlfriends of players.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Kerby and Jerry back to back!

If they done CJGJ's interview on this one it would have been pure dawg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AlTmI9g83w

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it happened
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1687276606446866432?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
E: f, b

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Yeah I figured he'd be heading to the Bears. Now I get to hear about if he's a "locker room fit" for this team.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Advanced metrics kind of hate Ngakoue, but as long as he gets the 8+ sacks he puts up every year I do not care. Just can't go another season with a defensive back leading the team in sacks

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What do the advanced metrics say? He can't be worse than what they have. A nice stop-gap before they draft one next year with one of their 1st round picks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

He sucks as a every down lineman but in passing situations he's one of the best to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Crazy that the dude is 28 but has been traded twice and is on his 6th team. I hope he is very good and stays for a long time.

Glad it finally happened because I decided in my head he was going to be a Bear back in May