Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Lmao that Elon is complaining about TOS violations while he breathlessly defends pedophiles and neo Nazis who spend all day breaking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
A little before I gave up on twitter, I reported a tweet that was very openly calling indigenous brazilians trash and saying the country would be better without them. The next I received an email saying that it didint violated any rules

And anybody can go there, if they got the stomach, and make simple search for "jews, for example," and theres no possibility you wont find any disgusting poo poo

Thats twitter now and anybody can see. That this rear end in a top hat will not only deny it but even sue them for stating what anybody can see is just pure, extreme cynicism

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Elias_Maluco posted:

A little before I gave up on twitter, I reported a tweet that was very openly calling indigenous brazilians trash and saying the country would be better without them. The next I received an email saying that it didint violated any rules

And anybody can go there, if they got the stomach, and make simple search for "jews, for example," and theres no possibility you wont find any disgusting poo poo

Thats twitter now and anybody can see. That this rear end in a top hat will not only deny it but even sue them for stating what anybody can see is just pure, extreme cynicism

That's what pisses me off the most. He's a loving child and a giant idiot, I can deal with that, but when fuckers go around blaming/insulting other races/genders/religion for their own inferiority and nothing is done to them, yet people who are those things who do nothing wrong but try to celebrate who they are get banned, that's my exit, because otherwise any engagement helps him.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Elias_Maluco posted:

It's also why Elon made it impossible to see any replies on any tweets without having the app and an account. Even ads are behind the app wall lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Single car tunnels: the tech that needs widespread rollout for us to better understand it

https://twitter.com/aseidman/status/1686503300760469505?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It doesn't work for a single location, so we better start testing for many

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

whats a subway

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What would these bazingas do if they discovered the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/lindayaX/status/1686722460131962880

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

whats a subway

it’s what those tunnels should have been

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

It's impossible for me not to say "hi diddly ho yaccarino" in my head every time I see her name.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Looking forward to the first time it rains on Vegas after they start drilling those tunnels

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lmao that Elon is complaining about TOS violations while he breathlessly defends pedophiles and neo Nazis who spend all day breaking them.

like, he personally intervened to unsuspend an account that was suspended for posting pictures of csam

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682964056615931904

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Suing someone for reporting you allowed Holocaust denial to run rampant on your platform.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

(it's because pink is gay and elon is not gay, he's very alpha and very heterosexual, as well as smart and charming)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

FizFashizzle posted:

Single car tunnels: the tech that needs widespread rollout for us to better understand it

https://twitter.com/aseidman/status/1686503300760469505?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

The tunnels will be abandoned after several major accidents render them unsafe, and then the homeless will move in to escape the heat of the day

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

i bet he would

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

He'd wear pink if it got him Grimes back

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Groimes I'm dressed as a baabie robit elv! Groimes! Groimess!!!!!!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

FizFashizzle posted:

las vegas citty council getting taken for a ride by a conman is kinda lmoa

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Elon do the needful

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

lol that that thing implodes and brings down las vegas it will be used as a rallying cry for christo-fascism against degeneracy

accidental bizarro-rear end ozymandias

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

DrPossum posted:

I mean are they being taken for a ride or are they pursuing their own self-interests, whether that's like stocks or whatever, or some kind of kickbacks under the table kinda deal? in the end it's not their money they're spending. cities all over the country do this dumb poo poo with tax dollars that the regular citizens don't want or need, its nothing new

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

DrPossum posted:

They approved it in 15 minutes, there's no conning going on except the Vegas taxpayers. Everyone above that level is lmoa'ing all the way to the bank

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

letting pedophiles back onto the platform while in pink 4" heels 😍 #girlboss

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The tunnels will be great for when the surface is uninhabitable in 5 years

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

linda wokearino

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i have a feeling elon would do literally anything you wanted him to if you put a gun to his head

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

i have a feeling elon would do literally anything you wanted him to if you put a gun to his head

except stop crying! 🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Gun not required, if Trump asked him to he'd do it

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

FizFashizzle posted:

We all laugh now, but who's gonna be laughing 10 years from now, when the tunnels end up only half finished, never move more than a test car, and then become the biggest homeless encampment in Vegas???

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

we need to prove car drive in tunnel

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

titty_baby_ posted:

The tunnels will be abandoned after several major accidents render them unsafe, and then the homeless will move in to escape the heat of the day

So basically Delhi with worse buffets.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm all for digging a bunch of tunnels under a city in the desert that shouldn't exist and will laugh when they inevitably collapse or when Boring realizes they can't figure out how to remove a car that isn't working or crashed

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

shyduck posted:

The tunnels will be great for when the surface is uninhabitable in 5 years

ELON MUSK in ESCAPE FROM LV

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They've had crashes and traffic jams in the 1.5 mile loop, now let's add another 68, what could possibly happen

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Steering failures are Tesla’s new federal safety worry

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/08/steering-failures-are-teslas-new-federal-safety-worry/

arse posted:

Federal vehicle safety regulators are investigating a potential problem with the power steering in some Tesla electric vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Office of Defects Investigation has opened a preliminary evaluation to determine if there's a problem with the power steering in model-year 2023 Tesla Models 3 and Y.

The investigation, sparked by a dozen customer complaints, is one of a number of open safety investigations into Tesla's EVs. Just this year NHTSA's ODI also opened probes into complaints of sudden unintended acceleration, and another is looking at the propensity for steering wheels to detach.

In this case, NHTSA received 12 complaints alleging steering failure in three Model 3s and nine Model Ys. Some complaints describe the steering suddenly and randomly locking in place; others relate power steering failures that required heavy effort to remain in control of the car.

"Upon putting the car into drive for the first time after finishing the software update, the power steering failed with a "power steering reduced" warning before the car could move. The steering wheel would not move without great effort. A power cycle cleared the issue," wrote a Model Y owner from East Montpellier, Vermont.

"Upon starting the vehicle, the steering wheel frequently locks or becomes exceedingly stiff, requiring significant physical effort to turn. Rebooting the system, [exiting] then re-entering the car can sometimes fix the issue temporarily to make it drivable for the current trip," wrote a Model Y owner from Staten Island, New York.

"Coming out of the shopping center, suddenly steering wheel did not steer. It was hard and saw the alert. Went to very close to opposite side of traffic and somehow made it to across the road inside the shopping center," wrote a Model Y owner from Alpharetta, Georgia.

"Today while driving and making a left turn, the steering wheel locked up while showing an error code UI_a020 stating steering assist is disabled. This vehicle has only been driven 575 miles. Vehicle steering gets locked, and once you get out and get back in, the car code disappears; however after driving a mile or 2 code reappears, and the steering gets very stiff, making it almost impossible to turn in either direction," wrote a Model 3 owner from Woodbridge, Virginia.

In some cases restarting the car solved the issue, but other cars had to be towed by Tesla for service. None of the complaints to NHTSA involve injuries, thankfully, but one Tesla Model 3 owner described how the "steering felt stuck and slid off the road which resulted in crashing into a tree."

don't need to steer* if you're using full self driving* ai* in a tunnel

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Several months back The Boring Company released a cologne for some reason?

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-does-burnt-hair-perfume-smell-like-elon-musk-boring-2023-7

quote:

Several staffers said the scent reminded them of cigarettes.

"It's like really smoky to the point where I'm like it almost smells like tobacco or cigarettes or something," said Madeline Renbarger, a reporter on the startups and venture capital team. At the same time she said she sensed some floral notes.

Deputy media editor Nathan McAlone sensed "stale cigarettes."

The cigarette-forward scent profile of Burnt Hair was seconded by those in the office who do smoke.

Darius Rafieyan, another reporter on the startups and venture capital team, initially didn't detect a scent on the paper.

"Wait, is there a smell on here?" he asked. Once he took a second whiff, though, he changed his mind. "Maybe there is, I can't tell. It smells like burning cardboard, like when you put a pizza box in a campfire."

Rafieyan was one of the only Insider staffers who attempted to analyze the scent straight from the source. Upon sniffing Burnt Hair directly from the bottle he concluded that it actually smelled better than most perfumes.

"I don't like it, but I like it a lot more than most perfumes," he said, "It's not super alcohol-forward, I don't really like most colognes or perfumes because they're so alcohol-y."

For others, the scent brought to mind some pretty specific scenarios. We heard everything from "old lady in church" and "BO" to "wildfire in Colorado kind of vibes."

Aviation reporter Taylor Rains said it smelled "like my grandfather just got home from the poker room after a night out." (On the bright side, she noted, "the bottle's really cute.")

Another editor said the smell embodied "20-something regret" and "bad decisions."

Senior tech correspondent Meghan Morris said the scent was the equivalent of a wine she once tried that had "notes of horse hair" in it, which she promptly poured down the drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Boring tunnel is basically live action adaptation of monorail episode of the Simpsons