Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
one step ahead of you bg3 devs, not even going to install it in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

sebmojo posted:

where did it say re download the game?

the Games thread said it affects cloud saves idk if you hit them with folder deletes

also reading more of that thread they don't seem that concerned? I hate this lol

Goa Tse-tung has issued a correction as of 12:21 on Aug 2, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Grapple glove is back!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4XxdAxuFII

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

More bears for me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The AC game comes out soon.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mr Hootington posted:

oh boy more ubisoft games

edit: oh wait were talking about armored core

OH BOY! More From games!!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I will not play the AC game, yet

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

I saw what you did

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Still playing ff7r. Kind of mixed feelings about it. Character interactions and minute to minute gameplay are fine, but the world is a series of tubes and the part of the plot that's not about ghosts feels a bit padded out. Also Jessie dissed me for being bad with motorcycles.

soundsection
May 10, 2010
elden ring was my first from game. why don't people like ds2? i enjoyed it the most of the original 3 by far, and elden ring is basically dark souls 2 2.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fumble the launch right out of the gate typical

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TontoCorazon posted:

I feel the open world added so much more, if I was stuck trying to progress in an area I could just go somewhere else. And not just to grind in the same area I've been stuck in for hours, I can go to a whole different, new, area and enjoy murdering new and exotic poo poo heads

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

genericnick posted:

Still playing ff7r. Kind of mixed feelings about it. Character interactions and minute to minute gameplay are fine, but the world is a series of tubes and the part of the plot that's not about ghosts feels a bit padded out. Also Jessie dissed me for being bad with motorcycles.

yeah i was fairly mixed on it.
good combat system in theory but a lot of really boring trash fights. the bosses seemed good but they require a specific strategy yet were never hard enough to wipe me so id just brute force through them first time having a kinda miserable slog

i really didnt like the new story stuff, adding kingdom hearts timeghosts is basically exactly what i didnt want from modern square. and thought a lot of the old stuff was as you say padded out which just made it slightly worse and the fanservice wasnt really for me

the worst bit imo is the final stretch which i bounced off like 3 times before getting to the stupid ending
i guess i always thought advent children and crisis core style spinoffs just made the story worse but the game embraces all that stuff, which for some reason i didnt see coming despite it making sense to reward the megafans even if they have bad taste

recently played through stranger of paradise and that did pretty much everything either better or more interestingly imo which i didnt expect going in. the trash fights are actually fun in that one and the combat system is even more ambitious by having like a dozen jobs you can switch between and combine instead of 4 characters
the dumb ubiquitous square timeghosts are even better in that one

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Patches at the radahn festival was one of the highlights of that game for me

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

yeah i was fairly mixed on it.
good combat system in theory but a lot of really boring trash fights. the bosses seemed good but they require a specific strategy yet were never hard enough to wipe me so id just brute force through them first time having a kinda miserable slog

i really didnt like the new story stuff, adding kingdom hearts timeghosts is basically exactly what i didnt want from modern square. and thought a lot of the old stuff was as you say padded out which just made it slightly worse and the fanservice wasnt really for me

the worst bit imo is the final stretch which i bounced off like 3 times before getting to the stupid ending
i guess i always thought advent children and crisis core style spinoffs just made the story worse but the game embraces all that stuff, which for some reason i didnt see coming despite it making sense to reward the megafans even if they have bad taste

recently played through stranger of paradise and that did pretty much everything either better or more interestingly imo which i didnt expect going in. the trash fights are actually fun in that one and the combat system is even more ambitious by having like a dozen jobs you can switch between and combine instead of 4 characters
the dumb ubiquitous square timeghosts are even better in that one

I'm maybe half-way through if I remember the chatter from when it dropped and I don't really mind the force ghosts. I feel like you kind of have to do some kind of meta bullshit if you're remaking a twenty year twenty five year old game that has been a franchise off and on since then. Guess I might change my mind later.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

very excited to see my good friend Patches in Armored Core 6

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Why, if it isn't me old chum! Don't be mad, I was only taking the mick before.
Now, that schematic I promised you? Just take a gander down that cooling tower would you, there's a good chap... Hehehehehehe!

I can't wait

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

I died because I was laughing after he noped out

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

soundsection posted:

elden ring was my first from game. why don't people like ds2? i enjoyed it the most of the original 3 by far, and elden ring is basically dark souls 2 2.

a meme that got out of control imho

because it wasn't the same team that made 1, with Miyazaki helping but not the director, people started going on about a 'B team'. Suddenly everything not perfect about the game became this huge scandal rather than 'quirks' like they'd be called in any other Fromsoft game. Over the years these complaints have become outright rejection of the game because people can just go 'DS 2 is bad lol' without having to think. So now it's 2023 and DS 2 is a bad game and you should play a ubisoft open world game instead.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Actually you should play a Blizzard action RPG

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dreams are reality in fortnite
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1686636548807176192?t=0tx7Mu-dcJ1uNyDRX1R1ug&s=19

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LOL

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

Or when he ambushes you while you're looking over a cliff, i wasn't even mad

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DS3 really hits you hard right out of the gate with Iudex Gundyr, lol I need to git gud again

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Runebears if you're quick

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

DS3 really hits you hard right out of the gate with Iudex Gundyr, lol I need to git gud again

It's funny how since basically bloodborne on all the first bosses are harder than the end bosses in the previous games

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you cant beat iudex gundir first try you should uninstall the game out of respect for the content

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

Prisoner with the Health Amulet. I like having a magic dump for the early game, I want this dark souls to be the one I learn how to Parry in so I went with the small shield instead of the buckler so I could learn to git gud.

My first session is done in the span of a toddlers nap. I jumped into the cave of knowledge. Avoided a glowing badass on the road and got to my first fight: the giant and the crossbow dudes. It was cool learning a fight again. I first used my magic to kill crossbowmen, then I used sword to kill crossbowmen, then I learned to use giant to kill crossbowman.

Then I had to kill giant. That was rough, but one of the signs said to try close quarters battle and I did and it worked after I got better and pressed the correct buttons at the correct time.

I saved all my mana for when the giant pulled the sword out of his shoulder. That was scary and I didn't want to learn that so I just pressed magic bolt at him until he died

Aight so when I was in Stormveil I saw that giant guarding Godfrey's boss room I was all "oh you're approaching me" and loving styled on him using the lessons from that previous session. I felt mastery, I controlled the situation and dragged his giant rear end back to the courtyard statue to get my smithing stones. Then dropped him with a combo I knew was gonna stagger him.

This game. This videogame! I love my Storm Giant arc

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

now u are the Storm Giant

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rawr

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

a meme that got out of control imho

because it wasn't the same team that made 1, with Miyazaki helping but not the director, people started going on about a 'B team'. Suddenly everything not perfect about the game became this huge scandal rather than 'quirks' like they'd be called in any other Fromsoft game. Over the years these complaints have become outright rejection of the game because people can just go 'DS 2 is bad lol' without having to think. So now it's 2023 and DS 2 is a bad game and you should play a ubisoft open world game instead.

people learning more about the exact folks involved in creating things sure has been both a blessing and a curse

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have not yet played FF16. I know that a lot of FF14 folks were behind it. I have seen takes from people that don't care for FF16 saying it's because the FF14 people who worked on it worked on the bad parts of FF14.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is a final fantasy.

How is orb exposition in ff16. Are there scenes where people talk about aether or crystals in this final fantasy?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the aether is stored in the crystals

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Srice posted:

I have not yet played FF16. I know that a lot of FF14 folks were behind it. I have seen takes from people that don't care for FF16 saying it's because the FF14 people who worked on it worked on the bad parts of FF14.
Looking at the credits on Wikipedia, the people involved seem to be largely ones associated with the most celebrated parts of FF14. Admittedly also one of the least celebrated parts, the A Realm Reborn storyline, but I'm not entirely sure "only managed to create a serviceable setup for future storylines" is a huge black mark against a writer given the rushed development. Espeically when they followed it up with a much better liked expansion.

Of course there is also such a thing as individual taste. What is, to the majority of players a "badass moment" in the latest expansion, somehow completely soured others on the story entirely. I guess you can only really hope that it's that kind of thing making people not care for it, and that you're on the side that'd think it was awesome, rather than it just being generally bland.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

It is a final fantasy.

How is orb exposition in ff16. Are there scenes where people talk about aether or crystals in this final fantasy?

oh buddy you have no idea

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
does BG3 have anything to do with BG2, save import, story arcs, character, etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lib and let die posted:

the aether is stored in the crystals

You wanna log in to a custom server and have a nice aether session. It's cool though, nochocobo or nothin'.