Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

ilmucche posted:

Isn't this a super old terrible concept?

IIRC, it's an old concept in fast food restaurants, but more recent as far as workplace pooping goes.

edit: WHY DO I KEEP SNIPING?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Escape From Noise posted:

Management has heard your concerns about overly long toilet breaks.

This is how executives end up with literal poo poo on their desk.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Sentient Data posted:

It's simple: if it's even slightly related to your job and you aren't choosing to do it with your own free time as leisure, then it's billable hours

I think the issue is less "would I demand to be paid for this activity" than "your boss thinks he is working 55 hours a week because he goes golfing, works out, has 1 hour paid lunches every day, etc"

And that mostly just speaks to the absurdity of of work valuation where a CEO thinking they deserve millions of dollars for their grueling "55" hours of work, when for example landscapers work longer hours, harder work, and those same CEOs will pay them peanuts. (Not trying to imply this is your stance)

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Approved by the FDA: Fixtures giving Disabilities to Americans. And it’s not like you just leave the handicap stall normal cause that’s where people camp out anyway.

I bet if you smeared some really sticky stuff on the back of your thighs you’d be fine

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

ilmucche posted:

Isn't this a super old terrible concept?

Yeah. It's from a few years ago.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
When it comes to CEOs, I think the underlying mindset is that these people are demigodlike geniuses who magically produce Value by existing. When I eat a sandwich I'm just eating a sandwich, but when Adam Neumann eats a sandwich he's thinkfluencing and mindstorming and innoventing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

elon got jokes for his bio

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Darchangel posted:

Jesus Christ, I hate so much that I know what ((( ))) means, never mind that it exists at all.

You and me both :(

Sorry if I caused any unpleasant feeling with my Musk insult.

Edit: I do believe Musk is only one step adjacent to all those conspiracy twits blaming everything on "globalists." He's very clearly saying that there's a "legacy media" conspiracy against him so its not a stretch in my mind.

ryde fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 2, 2023

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't think CEOs should necessarily be abolished, they should just be adequately compensated instead of taking home several orders of magnitude more than the actual workers. There's nothing inherently wrong with being a mascot and having an 18-hour work week.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

MikeJF posted:

I dunno about that, there's a lot of lovely photoshop smear happening there. Pretty sure the one on the left had his chest hair painted on and they all had their proportions hosed around with. And heads replaced? Shadows feel uncanny.

This is also utterly lost on the kind of person that thinks a post like the one we're picking at is some kind of massive biotruth slam dunk.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MikeJF posted:

That was an infographic made by the wall street journal about how Obama's tax hikes would be destroying the lives of poor parents and grandmas. LOOK AT HOW SAD OBAMA MADE THEM.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There's a reason they're illustrated instead of photgraphed and not named

So, completely divorced from actual reality, I.e.: made up. Got it.

ryde posted:

You and me both :(

Sorry if I caused any unpleasant feeling with my Musk insult.

Edit: I do believe Musk is only one step adjacent to all those conspiracy twits blaming everything on "globalists." He's very clearly saying that there's a "legacy media" conspiracy against him so its not a stretch in my mind.

Not your fault it’s a thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Devor posted:

Approved by the FDA: Fixtures giving Disabilities to Americans. And it’s not like you just leave the handicap stall normal cause that’s where people camp out anyway.

I bet if you smeared some really sticky stuff on the back of your thighs you’d be fine

Yeah, along with the general outrage it was pretty immediately pointed out it'd be ADA noncompliant.

Now they've rebranded it to be a toilet seat about 'improving your health and wellbeing'. Install it! It increases workplace employee wellness and productivity!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

elon has heard your concerns about management

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Two things -

1/ Twitter ads no longer say "promoted" down in the bottom left corner of the tweet, now it's a smaller "Ad" in the top right so you don't instantly twig that it's an advert.

2/ This is a real advert on Elon's hellsite:

https://twitter.com/Feet_Whisperer/status/1685329518637023232?s=20

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Darchangel posted:

So, completely divorced from actual reality, I.e.: made up. Got it.

Not your fault it’s a thing.

It's basically the equivalent of trying to scare workers out of demanding higher wages by blatantly lying about how tax brackets work.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Darchangel posted:

I'm stealing that.

This the Elon Musk thread; you gotta screenshot, cut off any identifying marks, then rephrase it so that it makes no sense

🤣 🤣 🤣

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Pookah posted:

This the Elon Musk thread; you gotta screenshot, cut off any identifying marks, then rephrase it so that it makes no sense

🤣 🤣 🤣

That's what she said!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🎯

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Pookah posted:

🤣 🤣 🤣

Concerning.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

1/ Twitter ads no longer say "promoted" down in the bottom left corner of the tweet, now it's a smaller "Ad" in the top right so you don't instantly twig that it's an advert.

They got The Feet_Whisperer? We were all joking around how X is going down, but everyone has to see now that it will be worth a billion in a year. How did I ever doubt Elon Musk?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

xol it's so true!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

To be fair, I have, because it sounds like easy money.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

elon musk posted:

xol it's so true!

!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Shouldn't it be Foot_Whisperer? Or was that username already taken and Foot_Whisperer has stronger moral convictions?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Shouldn't it be Foot_Whisperer? Or was that username already taken and Foot_Whisperer has stronger moral convictions?

Who of true passion would ever satisfy themselves with a single foot?

The Foot_Whisperer is a guy who walks up to a person and starts talking to a particular foot. The Feet_Whisperer talks to the dozens of feet he stores in his bedroom.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

cant cook creole bream posted:

Who of true passion would ever satisfy themselves with a single foot?

The Foot_Whisperer is a guy who walks up to a person and starts talking to a particular foot. The Feet_Whisperer talks to the dozens of feet he stores in his bedroom.

So few understand this

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

tarantino sock puppet acct?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i dont think tarantino has to pay for his feet pics

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

*scrolls up and down thread*

I...

I'm done.

lmfao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I keep seeing articles popping up with graphics like this

and it just made me realize how much the twitter logo looks like sonic the hedgehog when it's rotated

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

gotta go fash

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

kazil posted:

gotta go fash
lmao

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

gotta go fash

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Was watching the mlb.com stream yesterday for trade deadline news and had to laugh that all of their graphics still show twitter and the twitter icon and they talked about twitter all night because everything comes from twitter. Wonder how long it'll take for news organizations to bite the bullet and change their graphics or if they just say gently caress it we're going to keep calling it twitter.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pookah posted:

🤣 🤣 🤣

:negative:
I have failed.

Devils Affricate posted:

I keep seeing articles popping up with graphics like this

and it just made me realize how much the twitter logo looks like sonic the hedgehog when it's rotated

kazil posted:

gotta go fash

:nice:

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

Was watching the mlb.com stream yesterday for trade deadline news and had to laugh that all of their graphics still show twitter and the twitter icon and they talked about twitter all night because everything comes from twitter. Wonder how long it'll take for news organizations to bite the bullet and change their graphics or if they just say gently caress it we're going to keep calling it twitter.

Has a rebrand ever failed because “It didn’t take”? Like, people were just like nah, we’re not gonna call it that.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

kazil posted:

gotta go fash

:2monocle:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

cumpantry posted:

i dont think tarantino has to pay for his feet pics

Do you think Uma Thurman played her role pro bono?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Halisnacks posted:

Has a rebrand ever failed because “It didn’t take”? Like, people were just like nah, we’re not gonna call it that.

They're calling the Weinermobile the Frankmobile now, and they can go to hell

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/19/oscar-mayer-wienermobile-new-name-frankmobile

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you think Uma Thurman played her role pro bono?

pro boner more like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Halisnacks posted:

The day the Twitter rebranding broke, Sears Tower was trending because everyone was like gently caress that Willis Tower poo poo no one calls it that.