Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There are some legitimately psychotic quotes in the indictment that are a little more concerning that the crazy Mr. Bean-esque stuff with flooding the server room at Mar-a-Lago and bragging about stealing on tape.

If your response to "there will be riots in every major city" is "that's what we have the insurrection act for" and trying to reassure people that either the rioters won't do anything serious or they will stand down pretty quickly if they do try something serious and get shot, so there is nothing to worry about, then you might be a fascist.

Even the other people who were 100% down with trying to steal the election via seizing voting machines and declaring them invalid started to get concerned that they were working with psychos when they suggested that and Trump said, "Okay, sounds like you got your bases covered. Great idea."

“There are legal, valid elector ballots from every state.”

“We will just throw them out and submit ballots that are illegal on their face, signed in basements, without the governors seal, not following the required processes.”

“The entire country will erupt into violence”

“Then we will call out the army and start shooting”

So, 100% a coup. They planned a coup and just didn’t get that far.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Murgos posted:

“We will just throw them out and submit ballots that are illegal on their face, signed in basements, without the governors seal, not following the required processes.”

Did you just make up quotes and then use those made up quotes as evidence for what the made up quotesayers were intending?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fart Amplifier posted:

Did you just make up quotes and then use those made up quotes as evidence for what the made up quotesayers were intending?
Nope. They did not. They paraphrased but that is exactly how the conversation went with Co-conspirator #4. It's the basis of the thread title. "That's why there's an Insurrection Act" = call out the military to put down the riots caused by the stolen election.

Just read the indictment.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

An essential characteristic of Revolutionary Romanticism is incoherence.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Slightly to the side, but has anyone seen any worthwhile lawyers or judges, current or retired, speculating about the absence of investigations of senators and representatives in contact with January 6 defendants?

I'm having difficulty even speculating beyond "the only witnesses (in the absence of recordings) are the other party to the calls, and those are all more traitorous". EG, a T-Gym call may be collusion, but all available evidence points first to T because of his exposure, and the only way "to prove Gym told someone locations" would be if T revealed that. (Likewise for pairings with ProudInfants, lawyers relaying info). Or vice versa, Gym could flip and reveal "T asked me where X was in the building", but either it never happened that way or the representatives do a much better job of keeping their mouths shut.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Fart Amplifier posted:

These quotes are paraphrased but no this is basically what was said

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Dr. Faustus posted:

Nope. They did not. They paraphrased but that is exactly how the conversation went with Co-conspirator #4. It's the basis of the thread title. "That's why there's an Insurrection Act" = call out the military to put down the riots caused by the stolen election.

Just read the indictment.

They paraphrased it intentionally to make it look more like an explicitly intended coup in the quotes themselves and then used those paraphrased quotes to show that they explicitly intended a coup.

The indictment itself is damning. Not sure why you need to add things like "We want to commit the crimes and we are committing the crimes." SEE THEY OBVIOUSLY COMMITTED THE CRIMES

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fart Amplifier posted:

They paraphrased it intentionally to make it look more like an explicitly intended coup in the quotes themselves and then used those paraphrased quotes to show that they explicitly intended a coup.

The indictment itself is damning. Not sure why you need to add things like "We want to commit the crimes and we are committing the crimes." SEE THEY OBVIOUSLY COMMITTED THE CRIMES

They are mocking dumb people crimeing badly on a comedy website. Nobody is taking it seriously or as evidence.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fart Amplifier posted:

nice meltdown

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fart Amplifier posted:

Do you have strong opinions about that pencil-neck Adam Schiff maligning Trump by "quoting" stuff he never said?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Fart Amplifier posted:

poo poo, guys, they caught us.

We were going to frame Trump, but we just couldn’t sneak one by Fart Amplifier. They’re just too wily for us.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I wonder if this is groundwork to get Nauta to flip. Because if you aren't the one paying your lawyer, you're not the real client they represent.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Fart Amplifier posted:

Yes, God forbid someone paraphrase what was actually said.

I mean, we are talking about a group of people whose leader said - while knowingly being recorded - "these documents I am showing you are secret, I could have made them not secret, but I didn't, I shouldn't show them to you, but here take a look at them."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

cr0y posted:

These quotes are paraphrased but no this is basically what was said

Here's an actual quote from Giuliani's former assistant transcripts in NY. There's no real way to paraphrase and make it sound more ridiculous or stupid.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
That’s surely one way to make lamarckian evolution sound even dumber, but I suppose I really don’t have to give it to him—

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Saw this in the Post story on the judge. I think even before this started, she would have been sent from Central Casting to annoy MAGA-ts

"Chutkan was appointed to the U.S. bench in 2014 by President Barack Obama and was one of the first public defenders appointed to the federal trial court in Washington. A trained dancer raised in Kingston, Jamaica, Chutkan graduated from George Washington University and the University of Pennsylvania Law School before working in private practice with two Washington firms and serving 11 years with the D.C. Public Defender Service"

(first there's black and a woman, of course. Appointed by Obama. Public Defender. A Foreigner. A Dancer (gotta have a more american hobby, like shooting things). Ivy League.)

Just ticks off every box.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Trumps been posting Fox clips today, so i'm guessing they got some kind of deal worked out.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1686792348980711424

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1686805845370093576

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Kalli posted:

Here's an actual quote from Giuliani's former assistant transcripts in NY. There's no real way to paraphrase and make it sound more ridiculous or stupid.

That's not even the wildest quote from the transcript.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That Trump fella is just raking in those here indictments. I reckon that seems mighty suspicious to me, if you ask me.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: I want to claim my tits. These are my tits.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Debate & Discussion > Trump Legal Troubles: I want to claim my tits. These are my tits.

It's that or
Trump Legal Troubles: Matt Damon is 5'2, Eyes are blue. Coochie-coochie-coochie-coo

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

A good consolation prize I suppose, but I was really hyped at the thought of it being Thomas' wife.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Kalli posted:

I don't claim firsthand experience, but this runs counter to what I heard in regard to the Zuckerberg/Musk dick measuring contest.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

A good consolation prize I suppose, but I was really hyped at the thought of it being Thomas' wife.

I’m just glad it was someone who was ALSO involved in the Mueller investigation

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That's not even the wildest quote from the transcript.

I can only picture this is the tone of Optimus Prime screaming "give me your face"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kalli posted:

:yeeclaw:
*jurassic park theme plays over pictures of dicks*

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Kalli posted:

A Jewish reporter for The Forward (Jewish magazine) doing the hard-hitting journalism that we need.

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/1686810528830689280

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Murgos posted:

This is a dumb as gently caress probation.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Kalli posted:

See, he can't help spreading lies.

Seriously, Rudy has lost his mind. He used to be a serious prosecutor.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
What an absolutely bizarre set of probations just got dumped on posters in this thread.

It's like something a badly programmed AI probe-bot would do.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Please PM me with any further feedback on recent probations, as I'd like the thread to return to the topic of discussion.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What in the loving gently caress are those quotes. What the gently caress. None of this is OK.

E: Uhh the Rudy ones. I’m assuming they’re in the new Trump indictment? I haven’t had time to read into it yet. Jesus Christ.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
No, they're not in the indictment, which never mentions Rudy by name (it labels him as "Co-Conspirator 1").

I don't know what the content of those quotes is and... yeah I'm both glad I don't know and extremely curious to find out anyway.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What in the loving gently caress are those quotes. What the gently caress. None of this is OK.

E: Uhh the Rudy ones. I’m assuming they’re in the new Trump indictment? I haven’t had time to read into it yet. Jesus Christ.

Yeah they're um...things I'd rather not have read.

Not at all surprising after his entire history of everything but still not mental images I was ready for today.

Tayter Swift posted:

No, they're not in the indictment, which never mentions Rudy by name (it labels him as "Co-Conspirator 1").

I don't know what the content of those quotes is and... yeah I'm both glad I don't know and extremely curious to find out anyway.

They're from a completely sexual abuse case against Rudy from what I understand.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 2, 2023

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
does anyone else think jack smith and jordan peterson look freakishly similar? i had a strong impression when seeing jack smith for the first time at yesterday's press conference, but i'm only comparing pictures of them now and they're the same dude

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

does anyone else think jack smith and jordan peterson look freakishly similar? i had a strong impression when seeing jack smith for the first time at yesterday's press conference, but i'm only comparing pictures of them now and they're the same dude

Kinda sort of but not really.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Jack Mith will be played by Coach Beard in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Jewish reporter for The Forward (Jewish magazine) doing the hard-hitting journalism that we need.

https://twitter.com/jacobkornbluh/status/1686810528830689280

Rudy never said that
That's totally out of context
Rudy did say only that

Why are you assuming that was 100%, no more no less, of what was said?