Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

ChubbyChecker posted:

the last one was iran iraq war in the 80s

The Eritrean–Ethiopian war (1998–2000) was even more recent.

Wikipedia posted:

The widespread use of trench warfare by both sides resulted in comparisons of the conflict to the trench warfare of World War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Victis posted:

Like most colonized regions proficiency in Russian was enforced in Chechnya (lol at "native Russian speaker")

There are something like 160 mother tongues amongst the areas conquered by the Imperial Russians and then Soviets, and there is sometimes an effort to 'reclaim' that language (like you see in, say, Ukraine). But I doubt there is much miscommunication between Ukrainians and anyone in the RuAF

The "native russian speaker" part is an odd jab, what do you mean with that?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1686709706650247169

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Me thinks that the Wagner guy was trying to act stronk

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Sure, Luka, promise the mercenaries the moon on a stick. That's a great idea that has never bitten anyone on the rear end.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Tai posted:

Me thinks that the Wagner guy was trying to act stronk

It is a little weird to me that they sort of take him to task on the "why fight, why go to war" thing. he's a mercenary, you already know his answer, he has to regard those answers as not his job.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Meet Grindr

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

tiaz posted:

It is a little weird to me that they sort of take him to task on the "why fight, why go to war" thing. he's a mercenary, you already know his answer, he has to regard those answers as not his job.

Yeah it seems pretty easy to get a merc's motivations. "Why go to war?", uh, for the money. That's literally what we do. We fight for money.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mokotow posted:

Very rough translation by a Polish speaker of the first note:

Ukrainian soldier! Do you want live? - Call “Volga” (?)

1. Take your “Baofeng”
2. Change to frequency 149.200
3. Call “Volga”
4. Follow his instructions
5. You’ll live and go back hone (?)

Your family needs (?) you, soldier. You death does not benefit(?) anyone.

Big Battlefield Vietnam energy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyn_zbIdxls

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1686805015787171846

lol, lmao even

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

1/2
Gonzalo here, tweeting from this nazi jail. I can't believe they left me my phone, these idiots. They left some good tools out in the open in their activities shop and I snagged one great for tunneling. I'm 3 meters into the wall now and

2/2
by the time they realize I'm gone, in like 2 more days, I'll be headed for the Belarus border again, the almost deserted checkpoint on Matzo Street. Once I'm out I swear they'll never catch me again.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

"How was I supposed to know there would be consequences for my actions?"

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

The Eritrean–Ethiopian war (1998–2000) was even more recent.

i stand corrected

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

HAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
The guy has a massive persecution complex, I suspect he did this very much on purpose to martyr himself.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Not announce my crimes before I commit them? That's just what they'd expect me to do :smug:

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Idiot.

He forgot to tweet "I do not consent to law enforcement reading my tweets" first.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I’m being repressed!

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

He posted it on YouTube as well, mid-escape
https://youtu.be/9jUa45UcOvE

Just waiting on official confirmation of his arrest now.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/the-russian-territorial-defense-forces-at-the-border-with-ukraine-are-starting-to-be-armed/

quote:

In the Kursk and Belgorod regions, the fighters of the local Territorial Defense Forces are starting to be armed.

Dmitry Peskov, press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation, announced that the Kremlin is confident in the reliable control of the issue of weapons to the soldiers of the Territorial Defense Forces.

The president’s spokesman also added that the arming of such units is a “necessary measure” amid the “attacks from Ukraine.”

On July 25, the Duma of the Russian Federation adopted a law that allows governors to create their analogues of military companies, and then transfer weapons to them.

In the Kursk region, the issue of providing the Territorial Defense Forces with combat weapons was being discussed for several months.
It took you idiots this long to realize this was a problem?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

Just waiting on official confirmation of his arrest now.

Clicked play but 16 minutes of Gonzalo Lira is enough to drive anyone barking

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

spankmeister posted:

Clicked play but 16 minutes of Gonzalo Lira is enough to drive anyone barking

I skipped around, he ends it normally and doesn't get arrested onscreen. :eng99:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Brown Moses posted:

He looks to have been beaten badly while in jail, to an inch of his life. How did he survive this? Poor man.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
lol

Russian army success hinges on bumbling, tinder flesh destined for the grindr.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Burns
May 10, 2008

https://youtu.be/ON4sOlxvtbU

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

the popes toes posted:

He looks to have been beaten badly while in jail, to an inch of his life. How did he survive this? Poor man.

Through the unwavering strength of his conviction, of course.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

I thought he was bluffing. He turned out to be an even bigger fool than one could ever have imagined.

pure :lol:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

:byetankie:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Off to a labour camp Lmfao

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol The Trumpian “it’s a free speech case” for insurrectionism hahaha

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
anyway, I guess these are no longer relevant

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

EvidenceOfMyCrimes.mp4 has successfully been uploaded to YouTube!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Just goes to show how much respect fascist ukraine has for free speech. Nice western liberal values there, arresting a man for speaking the truth.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

How the gently caress was this idiot going to claim asylum in Hungary when he is a US citizen? He did not experience any persecution in the US. I don't get it. They would just tell him to go home?

Also, AFAIK extradition treaties only apply for things that are crimes in both countries. Since the US is not under martial law and in an existential struggle for naked survival, I doubt distributing Russian war propaganda is illegal there. I doubt anyone would actually extradite him. He just needs to get across the border into the EU and the gently caress off back home to the US.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Dwesa posted:

The bike stopped short of the barricade and crashed.

He went into the cooler after.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Dwesa posted:

:perfect:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Dwesa posted:

Still relevant, because this was right before Steve McQueen crashed on the bike and was recaptured.

Sorry for spoiling a 60 year old movie.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

No no Officer you misunderstand, I was only planning to flee to Hungary in Minecraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

The_Franz posted:

Still relevant, because this was right before Steve McQueen crashed on the bike and was recaptured.

Sorry for spoiling a 60 year old movie.
The best part was The Cooler King openly talking about his plan to escape while steps away from Nazi guards.