Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MJeff posted:

I really wanna try Revision Zero in a more serious way, but I just haven't been able to think of a good build to pair it with. With how heavily the game is built into the subclass 2.0 model right now, it's just hard to build a loadout around an exotic kinetic weapon. Chromatic Fire sounds like a good one, though, I might try that.

It did a good job this morning on Neomuna. I didn't get a chance to play around with it a lot, but with a void spec it felt pretty great. That weaken explosion is quite nice; kill a red bar, have the explosion weaken the yellow bar, switch to sniper (if their shield is gone) and do pretty awesome damage.

On paper it works great, but I have a feeling that Graviton is just a straight up better gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, I think on raw damage output, RevZero might be able to match or even beat Graviton and Quicksilver, but Graviton and Quicksilver 1) Are easier to use (it's easier to hit something with an explosion than a sniper shot), 2) Can synergize with a bunch of power subclass-specific keywords and 3) happen to have several extremely powerful artifact perks this season.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

What shot style do you all like on Revision Zero? I've been playing around with a Chromatic Fire build with the gun and while I build up charges slower with the 2 shot burst, it just feels better to use for me.

Twin burst all the way.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I accidentally did the Lightfall campaign end cinematic with my Ghost wearing a trucker hat and big rig pipes. No regerts.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've worn the tiger head from the 30th anniversary pack basically since I unlocked it, it makes all cinematics better

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
edited to add quote tweet:
https://twitter.com/Destiny2Team/status/1686876483699212290?s=20

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 3, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also it just occurred to me that I have had the First Wave emblem on since the game came out and it's not coming off at this point lmao

(I got it for being in the beta)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ok this didn't used to be a thing. Why are GM Nightfalls having everything oneshot me before I even load in? A dreg instant killed me before I had time to even hop on my sparrow. I'm at light and have arc mods on but it looks like according to the internet that it's just how it goes now - it's just a gently caress you try to cheese it or lose? That's insane lol

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

that's GMs, yeah. enemy damage and accuracy get jacked way way way up, if you get caught out even a dreg will rip you apart

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao that's crazy

It used to be like legendary difficulty or so, comparatively, now it's like LASO, more or less. Even then it wasn't literally a one hit kill on spawn or any other time. I see why lfgs are looking for cheese strats now (that aren't hiding in a corner or chandelier)

These armor pieces don't reset with the season right?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GMs absolutely do not gently caress around and how you beat them is by abusing cover and long-range/indirect fire weapons as much as possible. well of radiance used to be the order of the day but it's gotten nerfed enough that it's merely useful instead of the solution to all problems - adds can and will gun you down if you rely too heavily on its healing, so bring a titan with ward or bastion barricades if you're having trouble staying alive. barrier and overload champs aren't that big of a deal because they stay off of your cover but unstoppable champs will walk right up to you and stomp you flat.

honestly i'm completely uninterested in GMs because they're all the same loving story: slowly advance through an area that was not designed for this kind of gameplay while plinking away at adds from cover until something big shows up and then you dump coordinated damage on it to delete it before it can do any mechanics. also if anything gets within melee range you die.

some GMs are literally impossible without cheese (like loving mars battleground) and bungie sees no problem with that. it sucks and i wish GMs were worth doing because some of the loot is cool but most of it isn't unique or interesting and therefore largely worthless outside of completionism

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Kith posted:

GMs absolutely do not gently caress around and how you beat them is by abusing cover and long-range/indirect fire weapons as much as possible. well of radiance used to be the order of the day but it's gotten nerfed enough that it's merely useful instead of the solution to all problems - adds can and will gun you down if you rely too heavily on its healing, so bring a titan with ward or bastion barricades if you're having trouble staying alive. barrier and overload champs aren't that big of a deal because they stay off of your cover but unstoppable champs will walk right up to you and stomp you flat.

honestly i'm completely uninterested in GMs because they're all the same loving story: slowly advance through an area that was not designed for this kind of gameplay while plinking away at adds from cover until something big shows up and then you dump coordinated damage on it to delete it before it can do any mechanics. also if anything gets within melee range you die.

some GMs are literally impossible without cheese (like loving mars battleground) and bungie sees no problem with that. it sucks and i wish GMs were worth doing because some of the loot is cool but most of it isn't unique or interesting and therefore largely worthless outside of completionism

The weapons and the materials are the reasons to do GMs. Besides gilding the title once you get it if you care about that sort of thing.

I enjoy doing them but depending on who you are doing it with, and the gear you have, and the difficulty of the strike it can be a slog. I've had a pretty good time with goons doing GMs.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol welp I'll reconfigure my armor and give it another go later but that was a pretty rude surprise. The dreg popped me before I even finished getting on the sparrow lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
GMs are in my opinion way overtuned and not fun, don't worry about them unless you simply must be guardian level 11 or need to know you're getting that extra 5% damage from a perfect adept weapon

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How to be good at GMs, a one step plan:
1. Equip Wish-Ender

That’s it

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How to be good at GMs, a one step plan:
1. Equip Wish-Ender

That’s it

Stupid as gently caress that Wish Ender is good in the sandbox where we have full auto as a menu option, because at this point I think of bows as "repetitive strain injury: the gun"

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It’s Time https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1687135012859125760?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gambit is 100% loving DEAD

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

quote:

When we do focus our resources on building new Crucible maps, it comes with the tradeoff of multiple teams' bandwidth on work that contributes to a variety of experiences that players also hold dear, such as new story or Exotic mission content, core activities that make up the foundation of each Season, or new destinations

drat, can't wait to hear about how PvP is ruining the game when they admit they've been ignoring adding to it in favour of the rest of the game.

Now onto the good:

quote:

Relics include the Aegis from Vault of Glass, the Synaptic Spear from Season of the Risen, and the Scythe from Season of the Haunted.

sick

Oh yeah and the new subclass families is also very good. more guns, more guns, more guns

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Aug 3, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Culmination of Destiny's FIRST decade" huh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah lmao. Rip Gambit Prime

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao just take Gambit off the front page of the director and put it in Legends, man.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

As one of the few people who enjoyed Gambit to the point of getting the Reckoning title it’s sad to see Gambit be abandoned like this.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

life_source posted:

drat, can't wait to hear about how PvP is ruining the game when they admit they've been ignoring adding to it in favour of the rest of the game.

I don't think they are. As in, I think they're just ignoring it. Not in favor of any else, just ignoring it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

Delivering ritual armor sets at the rates we have in the past has become increasingly challenging, especially considering these sets have historically had very low adoption

LOL

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

State of the Game posted:

As many of you have noticed, we’ve been quiet on Gambit since last year’s overhaul that launched alongside The Witch Queen. In that revamp, the team made significant changes across five categories in Gambit: core activity fundamentals, Primeval tuning, invasions, ammo economy, and rewards. Unfortunately, these updates didn’t move the needle for player engagement. Although we know our Gambit fans mostly care about new or returning maps, this is an area of the game with lower engagement that would take resources away from more popular parts of the game to shore up.

We ignored our core playlist for years and now no one wants to play this lovely obsolete mode, and because no one wants to play this lovely obsolete mode as a direct result of our neglect, it's not actually worth the time to improve it so we won't

This is a beautiful loving paragraph this is maybe the most Bungie paragraph ever put to digital paper

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Come on now, this is the biggest gambit update in years!
It is grimly funny to see neglected corners of the game continue to get ignored because Bungie has noticed that no one wants to engage with it. Can't imagine why.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SgtSteel91 posted:

As one of the few people who enjoyed Gambit to the point of getting the Reckoning title it’s sad to see Gambit be abandoned like this.

It was inevitable. They can't delete it, because there are people that like it, but sadly, Gambit's problems just go all the way down to the bones and you can't update or rule tweak your way out of them without a complete down to the studs rebuild, which frankly, probably isn't worth it. The only compromise is to do what they're doing, basically.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SgtSteel91 posted:

"We made gambit unfun and people don't play as much. People don't play gambit much so we aren't gonna try at all."

Stupid shitass company full of freezer temp IQ. RIP Gambit you were too good for bungie.

Huge lol at the "making armor once per major release is impossible" too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The last time I had fun playing gambit was a couple of seasons ago when they did an experimental mode that disabled mote drain. That should have been permanent

But yeah, they aren't willing to weaken invaders to the point that anything else becomes important, so into the bin it goes

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Yeah that breakneck speed of... 0

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

"We did the least amount of work possible to diarrhea out ugly sets, why no one like dis??"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

"We did the least amount of work possible to diarrhea out ugly sets, why no one like dis??"

Even if it was ugly, people would have used it if it could roll high stats. But it couldn't, so it was just commodity light levels

Also no one transmogs it because transmogs are so heavily rationed, gj there too

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The Witch Queen set was good, imo

I use parts of the Titan set in transmog

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

Even if it was ugly, people would have used it if it could roll high stats. But it couldn't, so it was just commodity light levels

Also no one transmogs it because transmogs are so heavily rationed, gj there too

I didn't even think of this, good lord triple whammy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Every time Bungie took time to talk about ritual armor over the last few years, my eyes just glazed over. It always had garbage stats, because of course it does, it's from the most basic activities in the game, so why does it even exist.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Trying not to be a pessimist but a lot of it reads like “there’s not enough time or manpower to add all these things you’re asking like PvP maps and armor sets (that you never wear anyway)”

Maybe there would need to be a “season of Crucible” so the budget can go into a big revamp

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yeah. :(

At the bare minimum they could have brought back ALL the old maps. I liked the Tangled Shore gambit map.

...but nope, now no one needs to touch gambit so the player base will drop off a cliff. Nice.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What if, hear me out, they take one (1) set of eververse armor and make it the ritual armor reward

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

And I feel like this seasonal model is slowly starting to come off the rails in terms of content delivery or keeping core activities fresh

“This armor set every expansion or Gambit isn’t engaging with players. But we don’t have enough time and resources to sit down and work on a fix because we also have the next seasonal activity to make for the next 4 months.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gambit finally getting a huuuuge update? A map and two new enemy factions?

That's mighty generous of them.

"The Final Shape and its raid will provide a climactic conclusion to the Light and Darkness Saga before we look ahead to what comes next in Destiny 2."

Nice! I remember wondering about this. Typically the annual expansion campaign is like, a prologue for the coming year's worth of seasonal plot events. It would have really hamstrung either the expansion or the year's seasons, so it's smart to have the TFS campaign and raid be the capstone to the LDS

I wonder what's going to be included in TFS: Deluxe Edition though! Four seasons and two dungeons that are unrelated to the events of TFS?