Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

kazil posted:

gotta go fash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cant cook creole bream posted:

Do you think Uma Thurman played her role pro bono?

They let her keep the pussywagon

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Halisnacks posted:

Has a rebrand ever failed because “It didn’t take”? Like, people were just like nah, we’re not gonna call it that.

Kraft tried changing their name to Kraft Foods to match their corporate name. Lasted about 6 months

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

1/ Twitter ads no longer say "promoted" down in the bottom left corner of the tweet, now it's a smaller "Ad" in the top right so you don't instantly twig that it's an advert.

2/ This is a real advert on Elon's hellsite:

https://twitter.com/Feet_Whisperer/status/1685329518637023232?s=20

neither the embed nor the tweet when loaded on its own has any indication this is a sponsored post

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

1/ Twitter ads no longer say "promoted" down in the bottom left corner of the tweet, now it's a smaller "Ad" in the top right so you don't instantly twig that it's an advert.

2/ This is a real advert on Elon's hellsite:

https://twitter.com/Feet_Whisperer/status/1685329518637023232?s=20

I wear size 15 shoes. How can I get freaks to pay my rent?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Halisnacks posted:

Has a rebrand ever failed because “It didn’t take”? Like, people were just like nah, we’re not gonna call it that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pizza-hut-plan-to-change-name-to-the-hut-meets-with-ridicule/

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Halisnacks posted:

Netflix tried to create "QWIKSTER" for its mailing service. That bombed super hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would much rather all corporations be co-oped, all employees get equal say and share in the company and drive the direction and profits are split evenly among everyone. No CEO, no executives, the board of directors are the employees.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

for what its worth it looks like the company decided to not go ahead with the change - although they still occasionally used "The Hut" in marketing they didn't go all the way with it

elon has been told for like 20 years now that X is a terrible name, x.com is a terrible URL, and his ideas were garbage, and he went "ok but what if i just purchase a super expensive, well-established company that has already entered common parlance and then change all their branding to X instead????? that might work???" all while being sued by former employees, with no real plan on how to roll out the changes, and everyone mocking the poo poo out of him at every step of the way

he's loving dumb as poo poo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I said come in! posted:

I would much rather all corporations be co-oped, all employees get equal say and share in the company and drive the direction and profits are split evenly among everyone. No CEO, no executives, the board of directors are the employees.

:hmmyes:

100% agreed. For all that capitalism loves to fetishize "efficiency", CEOs are completely unnecessary.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

:hmmyes:

100% agreed. For all that capitalism loves to fetishize "efficiency", CEOs are completely unnecessary.

I had recently learned that all of those new AI/algorithm driven bots can effectively and far more efficiently do what the CEO does, but for free. Just run that and let the employees discuss and vote on how to best use that data. This fact radicalized me even more towards destroying capitalism.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I said come in! posted:

I had recently learned that all of those new AI/algorithm driven bots can effectively and far more efficiently do what the CEO does, but for free. Just run that and let the employees discuss and vote on how to best use that data. This fact radicalized me even more towards destroying capitalism.

it's pretty funny how the focus is on how AI will destroy the careers of artists, software engineers, designers, writers, etc and never on how the CEO is technically the most replaceable person in the company now that computers can write press releases, give "motivational speeches" and talk out of their rear end with total confidence despite what they're saying being complete bullshit

hey hey! ho ho! the CEO has got to go!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

this screams "scam"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kazil posted:

this screams "scam"

This is literally textbook pyramid scheme.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
"no" - Tim Apple, probably

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

kazil posted:

this screams "scam"

Nothing forever... until

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

an actual frog posted:

"no" - Tim Apple, probably

This reminds me of when Tim Sweeney asked Tim Cook for special exceptions (for Fortnite), and then took Apple to court, and Tim Cook didn't even know who Sweeney was.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

ben shapino posted:

it's pretty funny how the focus is on how AI will destroy the careers of artists, software engineers, designers, writers, etc and never on how the CEO is technically the most replaceable person in the company now that computers can write press releases, give "motivational speeches" and talk out of their rear end with total confidence despite what they're saying being complete bullshit

hey hey! ho ho! the CEO has got to go!

I asked chatGPT what's the most useless position and it said the most useless position is anything entry level (most people) and when i said no it's the ceo it told me it's too important of a role to replace and a big ethical scenario since ceo requires too many interpersonal and social decisions.

We need to train AI to not be a boot licker.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Grey Cat posted:

Ithe most useless position is anything entry level

Didn’t everyone learn during the pandemic that this wasn’t true? Society crumbles without those entry-level workers

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Grey Cat posted:

You should invent real AI instead of using a chatbot then

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Didn’t everyone learn during the pandemic that this wasn’t true? Society crumbles without those entry-level workers

I think its more that calling it entry level is total bullshit, kinda like how no/low skill labor is not actually a thing. They are just terms used to justify low pay and employment abuse.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Rotten Red Rod posted:

You should invent real AI instead of using a chatbot then

Very insightful and really adds to the conversation

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Janitors, cooks, cashiers, delivery people - all well known jobs that we could definitely do without anyone doing them

CEO - the most important person that exists within a company, no exceptions. he does all the not-work so everyone else can focus on the work. without them, nobody else would even matter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Yeah but on the other hand it hurts me feelings when someone who does a job I consider dirty gets paid money as if they are a, ugh, person.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

ben shapino posted:

Janitors, cooks, cashiers, delivery people - all well known jobs that we could definitely do without anyone doing them

CEO - the most important person that exists within a company, no exceptions. he does all the not-work so everyone else can focus on the work. without them, nobody else would even matter.

Random fact. I was a custodian for a campus in a "gently caress mandates" state through most of wave 1 and 2 of covid and it sucked immensely.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah but on the other hand it hurts me feelings when someone who does a job I consider dirty gets paid money as if they are a, ugh, person.

*gags and starts to vomit* :barf:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Grey Cat posted:

I asked chatGPT what's the most useless position and it said the most useless position is anything entry level (most people) and when i said no it's the ceo it told me it's too important of a role to replace and a big ethical scenario since ceo requires too many interpersonal and social decisions.

It sounds like the AI has mastered the CEO's entire job description: consider the CEO to be important and act like everyone actually working to make the company succeed is useless.

I do some consulting for a company that is integrating chatGPT in some places, and one of the devs came to me as a subject matter expert to vet one of chatGPT's suggestions. I told him it was gibberish, and he then told chatGPT that a subject matter expert says its response is gibberish and it replied with "yes it was gibberish, sorry about that, the question is very difficult".

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I said come in! posted:

*gags and starts to vomit* :barf:

ew gross can we get someone to clean this up

oh we let all the janitors go last week, that's right

can we make the AI do it?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

It sounds like the AI has mastered the CEO's entire job description: consider the CEO to be important and act like everyone actually working to make the company succeed is useless.

I do some consulting for a company that is integrating chatGPT in some places, and one of the devs came to me as a subject matter expert to vet one of chatGPT's suggestions. I told him it was gibberish, and he then told chatGPT that a subject matter expert says its response is gibberish and it replied with "yes it was gibberish, sorry about that, the question is very difficult".

Tsk, the Musk AI would call the expert a pedophile.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Serious_Cyclone posted:

AI admitting a fault? no loving way it could be a CEO

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Serious_Cyclone posted:

We need a new CEO, stat.
looking to the corner, a computer dressed with a clown wig and nose

... he's perfect!

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Elon where's the real no poo poo ai that will tell us the meaning of the universe, by training on tweets ??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The one really good thing about AI is that if you ask it a factual question, you're guaranteed to get a correct answer! It'll never just bullshit you like a human would!

*taps earpiece* This just in

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

I said come in! posted:

You should come work at my employer. 80% of the blue collar folks are all some degree of a conspiracy nut. They'd make a but more than half of the vote. Thanks, but no thanks.

The best one are company internal conspiracies. Every time the market goes into a slight recession and the order volume goes down, leading to occasional reduced working hours, it's the C-types doing it on purpose trying to keep the simple man down.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 2, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

You should come work at my employer. 80% of the blue collar folks are all some degree of a conspiracy nut. They'd make a but more than half of the vote. Thanks, but no thanks.

Fair but I also don't want it where I work where the CEO calls us all family. gently caress that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Halisnacks posted:

Facebook changed its name to Meta and Google changed its name to Alphabet and no one calls either of them by those names

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Escape From Noise posted:

Management has heard your concerns about overly long toilet breaks.

Sit backwards on it.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

PostNouveau posted:

Facebook changed its name to Meta and Google changed its name to Alphabet and no one calls either of them by those names

because nobody gives a poo poo what corporate parent companies are called. The actual products people use are still called Facebook and Google. Just like Twitter was called Twitter even though the owning company has been X.com since Musk bought it

People care when the product they interact with gets rebranded.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Who of true passion would ever satisfy themselves with a single foot?

The Foot_Whisperer is a guy who walks up to a person and starts talking to a particular foot. The Feet_Whisperer talks to the dozens of feet he stores in his bedroom.

T... Two Worlds? Is that you?

Don't let The Brute out :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

E the Shaggy posted:

I wear size 15 shoes. How can I get freaks to pay my rent?

If you can pass as an 8/10+ woman from the ankles up, just start Xing teaser pics of beautiful you and your gigantic clodhoppers. You will soon be making dreams come true as you stomp down Easy Street.