Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i cant believe deceasedcrab is still making the exact same types of videos in 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Retsupurae introduced me to dahir inshaat and i rewatch those videos at least once a year

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

EasilyConfused posted:

There are still a handful of good video LPers here and on Youtube, but it's mostly streaming now for better or worse.

I thought Retsupurae was funny at the time, but I'm sure it aged terribly. Wasn't Schmorky in a couple episodes?

Lots of them are still funny. Some stuff that sucked. I don't think Shmorky was ever in them but Lowtax was a bunch lol. The stuff where they made fun of lovely/weird games were better than most of the LP stuff imo

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Who was the genial dumb guy who talked about McDonald's while playing Mario games? BillyMC? I always appreciated the retsupurae "make gentle fun of this dumb guy using Unregistered Hypercam 2" vids.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

skipping 682 posts to comment that around once or twice a year i get plastered and rewatch the Darkseed 2 Retsupurae and it's still funny. farewell

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

DaysBefore posted:

Lots of them are still funny. Some stuff that sucked. I don't think Shmorky was ever in them but Lowtax was a bunch lol. The stuff where they made fun of lovely/weird games were better than most of the LP stuff imo

shmorky was in a real early one. most of the detail escapes me but I remember the game was warioware

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DaysBefore posted:

the one ur av is from is due a rewatch methinks

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

symbolic posted:

skipping 682 posts to comment that around once or twice a year i get plastered and rewatch the Darkseed 2 Retsupurae and it's still funny. farewell

drives me insane that the guy they were watching the longplay of didn't know about the maze warp so he just wasted so much time

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dongicus posted:

Absolutely godly series all about and it's insane the hack fraud at zapdramatics never finished it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

drives me insane that the guy they were watching the longplay of didn't know about the maze warp so he just wasted so much time

lmfao yes

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i cant find the video now but both of them+dave_o were on some SA Jeopardy thing in like 2008 about video games and i remember thinking it was the funniest poo poo when i was like 11

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DaysBefore posted:

He was in one or two at the very beginning of the channel (2007ish IIRC) before everyone knew what a freak he was. Back then he was just the dude who made the Flash Tub animations.

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

shmorky was in a real early one. most of the detail escapes me but I remember the game was warioware

It was a Parodius game.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Grassy Knowles posted:

Which hotel she asks as if it matters they’re all right next to each other

It was in the burbs, not downtown. I think it was a Holiday Inn and the only restaurant within walking distance was a Longhorn Steakhouse.
I can't believe I remember that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thinking about the retsupurae of the guy who inserts himself as a character in pokemon and also voices the female protagonist who he interacts with

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0dfnao9HcA
another classic imo...shame dave-o apparently became an insane q anon guy (Rememberer goons...?)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGFkA5zjso

Think about this all the time because of the late video twist lmfao

Dongicus posted:

It's so good lol

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
retsupurae ftw. Joined specifically for them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Yeah, I was never a fan of the let's play mock videos, but most of their wrongplays, where they just riff on a game, still hold up. They've also done a handful of co-op playthroughs since shuttering the channel; they're the best way to experience RE6 that I've seen.

E:

Leal posted:

Thinking about the retsupurae of the guy who inserts himself as a character in pokemon and also voices the female protagonist who he interacts with

thanks, I'd managed to forget all about that one, now I have to forget it all over

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DaysBefore posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGFkA5zjso

Think about this all the time because of the late video twist lmfao

Big Pussy's first LP.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

Retsupurae introduced me to dahir inshaat and i rewatch those videos at least once a year

Why'd they stop doing those anyways? I looked it up and it looks like the Dahir Insaat guy or w/e is still making those bizarre rear end videos and they haven't gotten any less insane.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ishikabibble posted:

Why'd they stop doing those anyways? I looked it up and it looks like the Dahir Insaat guy or w/e is still making those bizarre rear end videos and they haven't gotten any less insane.

I think they got DMCA'd by Senor Insaat himself.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The company namesearches itself and issued takedowns for all the videos iirc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was never into let's plays but the Giantbomb Persona 4 endurance run is an absolute classic

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the Giantbomb Persona 4 endurance run is an absolute classic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Pikmin 4 is good

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the jolteon of letsplays

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
giant bomb plays mario party ftw

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
watch out for that beamos

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Who was the genial dumb guy who talked about McDonald's while playing Mario games? BillyMC? I always appreciated the retsupurae "make gentle fun of this dumb guy using Unregistered Hypercam 2" vids.

he had to stop the recording to answer the phone and when he came back he said "that was my mom. shes christmas shopping. she wants to know what i want from mcdonalds" lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the supergreatfriend deadly premonition lp is still the best imo

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I still watch Chip Cheezum.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I was never into let's plays but the Giantbomb Persona 4 endurance run is an absolute classic
their Yakuza Zero run changed the trajectory of my gaming life

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Roth posted:

had some really useful info when i was playing through peace walker. thanks, chip

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Antivehicular posted:

didn't they actually pull for that guy in a few videos? one sticks out where he introduces his friend lime something or other and they can't stop laughing at him

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Roth posted:

Yup, Chip and Ironicus still make good lets plays

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Were obsessed? They still are.

i would love if we went back to the old days on just 86ing that poo poo, or at least wordfiltering it into something incredibly stupid

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Leal posted:

MageKnight404 lmao. He did the same thing in his Fire Emblem romhack too

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i would love if we went back to the old days on just 86ing that poo poo, or at least wordfiltering it into something incredibly stupid

I got hit for that yesterday and rightly so.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

speaking of fire emblem, i saw a letsplay that had a cool gimmick to it where you recruit your party in the opposite order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dongicus posted:

speaking of fire emblem, i saw a letsplay that had a cool gimmick to it where you recruit your party in the opposite order.

It unlocks the gender swap gas skill.

EDIT: Oh God