Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They used to release popular books as serials in magazines and you had to wait years and buy every issue. So this is still ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

euphronius posted:

2 is Horus v sanguinius

3 is Horus v some random Custodes

4 is Horus v the Emperor

5 is the Emperor, broken and losing, having a prophetic vision of what will come to pass, finally driving him to obliterate Horus

FTFY

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Another book!

~wet leopard growl~

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My choler is definitely rising

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This thread is a charnel house.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I wouldn't mind if the Horus vs Emperor thing concludes in book #2 and then #3 is all about how the traitor forces GTFO out of dodge and retreat from Terra. That'd be neat.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I want at least a full novel dealing with the reconstruction and reconsecration of Terra, ideally by Wraight

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Waroduce posted:

Another book!

~wet leopard growl~

Aw, I forgot to put that in there...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Temper the choler fellas, bring the phlegmatic and sanguine to the fore. More HH by Abnett sounds great to me, squeeze all the juice from this I say

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Biplane posted:

I want at least a full novel dealing with the reconstruction and reconsecration of Terra, ideally by Wraight

This. The aftermath in the palace would be amazing if Wraight did it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

D-Pad posted:

This. The aftermath in the palace would be amazing if Wraight did it.

Final sentence of the series, Valdor, "This truly was a Horus Heresy"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

MariusLecter posted:

Final sentence of the series, Valdor, "This truly was a Horus Heresy"

"This Heresy truly was... Pandaemonium"

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
"Right, we're off to Terra" - Horus

Galaxy in Flames, 2006

17. loving. Years. Ago

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Can't wait for each step that the Emperor takes towards the Throne getting its own book dedicated to it.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
The Abnett Heresy

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Archer666 posted:

Can't wait for each step that the Emperor takes towards the Throne getting its own book dedicated to it.

Emperor takes the first step of hundreds up to the throne and stops, "For two hundred years you have been asking: Who is The Empror of Mankind?"

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

"The Astartes outside looked from Horus to Emperor, and from Emperor to Horus, and from Horus to Emperor again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
They were no longer little marines; they were little astartes

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

"It is a far, far worse thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far worse rest that I go to than I have ever known."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Benagain posted:

They were no longer little marines; they were little astartes

Me and millions of others waking up to the fact 30 years after it aired that Moe was talking out his rear end during that scene was certainly a moment.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

The perspective moves to the cellar below the throne and there's row upon row of Horus clones in vats.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
All these HH novels, and not even 1 warhammer. How are they going to fit 40,000 of them in the last 2?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shroud posted:

All these HH novels, and not even 1 warhammer. How are they going to fit 40,000 of them in the last 2?

Tell us you haven't read the HH without saying you haven't read the HH because:

Ferrus Manus loses his warhammer Forgebreaker to Fulgrim in the fifth book of the HH series. It ends up being a gift to Perturabo to placate him.

While Vulkan weilded the warhammer Dawnbringer which famously had a teleport homer embedded in it's heart. Vulkan later crafts the warhammer Urdrakule in the 47th HH novel Old Earth with the help of the Emperor.

Just 39,997 more.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 3, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

also anything can be a warhammer with enough momentum

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://soundcloud.com/dapper-73299...=social_sharing

in response of the reactions today. I am not sorry.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Astounding

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

It's scary how good that AI garbage works

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

It's scary how good that AI garbage works

i use 11 AI. I mostly make poo poo for friends and weird joke poo poo. 11AI sucks at any voice to cartoony but is good with "normal" voices

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

:ck5:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

-10 points for not working a ' Boom!-ed/ing' into the Keeble dialogue.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Black Griffon posted:

also anything can be a warhammer with enough momentum

Arthur C Clark.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

What in the blue gently caress

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lol drat, you really captured the prose of Black Library authors. But also holy poo poo, narrators are going to be out of work soon aren't they

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The day AI puts Jonathan fuckin Keeble out of work is the day I join the resistance against the machine.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

AndyElusive posted:

The day AI puts Jonathan fuckin Keeble out of work is the day I join the resistance against the machine.
:hmmyes:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Dapper_Swindler posted:

God loving drat that last line.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DaysBefore posted:

Lol drat, you really captured the prose of Black Library authors. But also holy poo poo, narrators are going to be out of work soon aren't they

oh yeah. i read too much of it. its fun when you do it with non warhammer poo poo.

I don't think the voice tech is there yet but probably within a decade or two sadly. voice is extreamly bad with anything that isnt a normal voice and consistancy and tone match are a bitch. but it works very well when you want to have very free flowing short story/ diologue.

I have a whole account of them but again its mostly weird poo poo for art friends who are very very into other fandoms. nothing gross though. thank god.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I am firmly in agreement with the Adeptus Mechanicus on this, """""AI""""" is vile and abominable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

The time to join the resistance was yesterday, but we should let Dapper make fun and dumb stuff for their friends.