Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Cuttlefush posted:

keep this poo poo out of videogames

reopen the bald bitches thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

i agree, we're all brothers in gaming, i regret bringing it up, i was just feeling spritely this morning

it's a momentous day and BG3 is upon us

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
started up modded skyrim again. also elder kings 2. guess im ready for the elder scrolls show

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
elder kings 2 is cool because i hosed up and ended up with a gay elf king ruling over my orc khanate

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
rear end beyond measure, outlander

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

croup coughfield posted:

started up modded skyrim again. also elder kings 2. guess im ready for the elder scrolls show

i just started a new modded Skyrim as a dunmer!

first time i've really tried to slow my roll and let the game sink into me since i first played it, and it is working really well, i really want to complete it and do a proper 100% crawl on it once and for all

i'm running moderately mod heavy, but mostly immersion, visuals, fixes, and only a couple overhauls (perks, spells)

do you have any recs for a good loot mod that adds maybe more prestige loot but VERY scarcely?

i downloaded the "more interesting loot" overhaul and despite tweaks it was just stuffing every chest with insane equipment

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
the scrolls are too drat old!

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

smarxist posted:

first time i've really tried to slow my roll and let the game sink into me since i first played it, and it is working really well, i really want to complete it and do a proper 100% crawl on it once and for all

i'm running moderately mod heavy, but mostly immersion, visuals, fixes, and only a couple overhauls (perks, spells)

do you have any recs for a good loot mod that adds maybe more prestige loot but VERY scarcely?

i downloaded the "more interesting loot" overhaul and despite tweaks it was just stuffing every chest with insane equipment

dagoth ur changing his mask for two weeks trying to dodge the nerevarine

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
gonna maybe finish dragon's dogma tonight slash this weekend

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

no, keep it in videogames untill we get an unironic "1v1 me on de_dust2 bro"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

smarxist posted:

You made the right choice.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

croup coughfield posted:

i was thinking about it while i was in the stir and ive decided on the most cspam game franchise. its vampire: the masquerade. a bunch of super pale shut ins with health problems and extremely weird tastes spend all their time and energy on palace intrigue to control a community no one knows or cares about. just something ive been pondering

having to suck blood from humans is a parallel to having to talk to the cashier at the grocery store

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
i am playing as a true nord, sympathetic to the stormclocks. ive never actually finish the skyrim main quest or civil war plots despite hundreds or mayube thousands of hours so im going to do that this time

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

Halser posted:

having to suck blood from humans is a parallel to having to talk to the cashier at the grocery store

precisely

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
every goon has to make a save against rotschreck if a delivery guy tries to hand you your food instead of leaving it on the ground and running away

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

croup coughfield posted:

i am playing as a true nord, sympathetic to the stormclocks. ive never actually finish the skyrim main quest or civil war plots despite hundreds or mayube thousands of hours so im going to do that this time

It's pretty stupid. You do a bunch of boring crap and then you and like 10 guys conquer the entire country on foot. There's probably mods to make it better though

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

Hatebag posted:

It's pretty stupid. You do a bunch of boring crap and then you and like 10 guys conquer the entire country on foot. There's probably mods to make it better though

ill be the judge of that

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Hatebag posted:

yeah, you really aren't missing anything on the civil war / main quest. The best part of skyrim is explorin' and dungeon crawlin

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The longer you wait to see the end of the civil war questline the more you'll be disappointed, it's absolutely nothing.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Al! posted:

its game of thrones but with lizard men

I was thinking of the "this would be a fun TV show" and not "insert premise into PRESTIGE_TV.GPT for guaranteed stock price increase"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

croup coughfield posted:

that’s the correct way to play the game

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that’s the correct way to play the game

Thalmor disinfo ITT

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
skyrim is great but elder kings 2 is the big rec from me

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

If you're a true hater you can kill ulfric as part of the imperial quest and he shows up in the mists outside of sovergarde where you can kill his spirit before he gets to nord heaven, denying him everything he's ever wanted

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
multiplayer morrowind seems fun. there are little weird server communities and you can use the various voicelines. endless roleplay opportunity

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

Grapplejack posted:

If you're a true hater you can kill ulfric as part of the imperial quest and he shows up in the mists outside of sovergarde where you can kill his spirit before he gets to nord heaven, denying him everything he's ever wanted

thank you

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

croup coughfield posted:

skyrim is great but elder kings 2 is the big rec from me

if i buy CK3 I will take you up on this rec

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

Rock Puncher posted:

if i reinstall skyrim I will take you up on this rec

its a ck3 mod

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

yep i just googled that, my bad

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

multiplayer morrowind seems fun. there are little weird server communities and you can use the various voicelines. endless roleplay opportunity

I've kept wanting to look into this, cause the big nerd RP'er in me is so interested.

Also I saw you recc JA3 cuttlefish, how is it, I've been hoping it'll be good because it looked like a return to JA2's vibe and type of game compared to all the others that happened between 2 and 3.

Yardbomb has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Aug 3, 2023

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
100%ing Skyrim is a fool's errand you fool. also it's not very good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Wrong

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hello person who days they enjoy a game and have spent a thousand hours playing it. Did you know that game is bad?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
bethesda games universally kick rear end. praise todd

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i once installed this total realism mod where you had to exercise in heavy armor before you could get used to taking more than 10 paces in it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

Al! posted:

i once installed this total realism mod where you had to exercise in heavy armor before you could get used to taking more than 10 paces in it

lol that rules

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

croup coughfield posted:

every goon has to make a save against rotschreck if a delivery guy tries to hand you your food instead of leaving it on the ground and running away

Someone else who's teenage eyars got White Wolf'd I see.

Camarilla or Sabbat?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grapplejack posted:

when im playing nobody gets to live in nazi heaven

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BG3 uses fifth edition right? cleric was my go to in 3.5 but it’s been so long I have no idea what classes are like now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!
the nords deserve their own ethnostate built on top of orc corpses. its just common sense