Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Evil Kit posted:

I disagree, but it's cool that you're enthusiastic about a genre you like!

what a hosed up thing to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hogama posted:

I never hear people talk much about Ace Combat 1.

Extremely basic arcade shooter, series didn't get good until 3 and then they removed half of it for the western release.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Even when they introduced Strangereal in 4 and retroactively pulled the first 3 games into that continuity, Air Combat (it actually wasn't called Ace Combat until 2) was made pretty unimportant.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I love fgs and I'm still not watching evo

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Smash isn't on the board? Does it still have its own tournaments or did the scene just completely collapse after all the sexpestery a few years back

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
sexpestery caused Nintendo to have a tighter grip on the scene I think or Sony bought EVO and I dont think they want Nintendo games there

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

Same but also I'm hesitant because i might be bored with traditional jrpgs ??

Hmmm... but from what ppl have been saying, it just may be the best turned based rpg to come out in years. Beautiful sprite-based graphics, wonderfully endearing characters, and a soundtrack so good that it rivals the greats of the genre??? Seems at least a look at the demo, don't you think??? 😉

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Even when they introduced Strangereal in 4 and retroactively pulled the first 3 games into that continuity, Air Combat (it actually wasn't called Ace Combat until 2) was made pretty unimportant.
The weirdest thing to me about the US releases is that ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON is a complete spin-off on most systems. Except for the 3DS ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY where it's just a remake of Ace Combat 2.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feldegast42 posted:

Smash isn't on the board? Does it still have its own tournaments or did the scene just completely collapse after all the sexpestery a few years back

EVO is for fighting games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fridge corn posted:

Hmmm... but from what ppl have been saying, it just may be the best turned based rpg to come out in years. Beautiful sprite-based graphics, wonderfully endearing characters, and a soundtrack so good that it rivals the greats of the genre??? Seems at least a look at the demo, don't you think??? 😉
yea I would play the demo if I was Jay Rust because Jay is pretty picky

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hogama posted:

The weirdest thing to me about the US releases is that ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON is a complete spin-off on most systems. Except for the 3DS ASSAULT HORIZON LEGACY where it's just a remake of Ace Combat 2.

Yeah, it was a remake that was more explicitly in the Strangereal continuity lol

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part of me is curious about BG3 but then I remember how hard I bounced off of DOS2 and how hard I'd probably bounce off of BG3

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's DoS:BG so yeah stay away lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

EVO is for fighting games.

:hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

yea I would play the demo if I was Jay Rust because Jay is pretty picky

I have massive respect for square-enix still doing demos, juicy demos at that. It saved me from buying octopath 1 back in the day

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Part of me is curious about BG3 but then I remember how hard I bounced off of DOS2 and how hard I'd probably bounce off of BG3

:same: I have been in the mood to play a D&D video game dozens of times and I always quit after an hour or two.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yep. Every single time I get sucked into buying these games and every time I bounce off them. I'm definitely going to do the same thing again with this one.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:ssh: D&D is bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I have massive respect for square-enix still doing demos, juicy demos at that. It saved me from buying octopath 1 back in the day
2 is better than 1 and has a better cast as well, BUT I still suggest playing the demo because the combat/exploration itself is pretty much the same, so you might bounce off it.

It's my current GOTY but I am specifically into these kinds of games

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

magic missile

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Game has Orcs and Elves? Better Shelve

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

looking up how bg3 co-op works

quote:

If you don't want your co-op partners to know what you're getting up to with NPCs, you can keep them out of your little chats. By default, your sex scenes are hidden from other players

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

hatty posted:

Game has Orcs and Elves? Better Shelve

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

uhh no these guys aren't elves, they're Elezen

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hwurmp posted:

True but it can also be really good

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Do they even make educational games anymore?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’re all on phones and tablets but yes

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hwurmp posted:

Not D&D's fault you're bad at rolling dice

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hwurmp posted:

I once read a thread in there and can confirm it was very bad

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Do they even make educational games anymore?

It's my current job, so yeah

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I want a triple A Zoombinis game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why doesnt Lenny Loosejocks have a AAA game yet. so many classic franchises left on the table

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

why doesnt Lenny Loosejocks have a AAA game yet. so many classic franchises left on the table

Lenny Loosejocks: The Emu Wars

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

homeless snail posted:

I love fgs and I'm still not watching evo
a rare snail fail

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Khanstant posted:

Lenny Loosejocks was such a great game, and eZone has claimed their Steam release will fund the third game which has always been claimed to be forthcoming, but I don't think it's gonna happen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

a rare snail fail
too busy playing games to watch people play games

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
skill issue

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Are there any channels where I can watch people watch people play games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

galenanorth posted:

Lenny Loosejocks was such a great game, and eZone has claimed their Steam release will fund the third game which has always been claimed to be forthcoming, but I don't think it's gonna happen

Good to hear they're still around in some form. I've been trying and failing to get flash to work since I want Neopets trophies, and the old flash ones have far less competition since it's such a pain in the rear end. I almost want to just find some loving 2004-rear end desktop that still has the oldest browsers and flash support but honestly think that still might not work. The guides for getting flash to work today only cover modern OS.

Adobe should just get its head out of its rear end, make its programs better, and then also rerelease a new flash without the insane security vulnerabilities. People hated that.