Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's some traversal unlocks as you see more of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

After over 100 hours in this game I feel like I have finally got a decent handle on how & why it owns. I'm in chapter 6.

...but is it art?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2 sides to every coin

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3983835&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1488#post533641006

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

These People Are Sick

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Don’t get the hate for XC1, it’s my favorite one

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

GateOfD posted:

I beat it a few months ago and it kicks rear end

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

GateOfD posted:

I stalled out in the middle for awhile and think that's probably the weakest part of 1-3, but the rest of it was great and the ending stretch was my favorite of all of them

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

GateOfD posted:

think 3 beats it for me but I prefer it to 2. The latter half does have moments that drag though

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I should really try and go back to 2, I finished 1 and the extra story thing. or should I just skip it and play 3

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
play 2 first. and torna

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GateOfD posted:

ive never seen hate for 1 from jrpg people. 2s the one incorrect thinkers hate

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't call it hate but I couldn't get into 1 and gave up like 1/3rd of the way in.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
XC2 could have been amazing if not for the gacha mechanics and gacha level grind on some of them blade quests

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GateOfD posted:

XC2 could have been amazing if not for the gacha mechanics and gacha level grind on some of them blade quests

the gacha grind ws the dumbest part of the game but its fine as long as youre not tryin to get all the rare blades. its not like theres not 300 hours of game there even if you dont get em all lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thinkin about it i think endgame combat in 2 was my favorite in the series, elemental seals/seal breaking for 10s of millions of damage to all enemies is way more fun than chain ttacks. obviously i liked 3's combat nd class systems too but blowing up a full elemental seal combo and incinerating an endgame nm

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol I got sucked into the gacha poo poo for a while trying to get a certain unique blade. I went salvaging for hours before realizing I don't give a poo poo and ignored it the rest of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's also some hidden bullshit counter where you're basically guaranteed 2 or 3 Unique Ultra Rare SSS blades during a chapter, but if you keep rolling you have like 1% chances for anything worthwhile. Kinda silly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol I got sucked into the gacha poo poo for a while trying to get a certain unique blade. I went salvaging for hours before realizing I don't give a poo poo and ignored it the rest of the game

Same

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

same lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I went back to 2 last year after a long break to do the torna dlc. briefly poked around my old endgame save, did a couple gacha pulls and got kos-mos lol. way after she would've been useful

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's a shame too because the blade quests were all really good and you only get to see a small fraction of them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's a shame too because the blade quests were all really good and you only get to see a small fraction of them

Yeah I liked the one where Gorg wanted to be a pastry chef lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah I liked the one where Gorg wanted to be a pastry chef lol

wulfric's quest where he just wants to help and everyones terrified of him ftw lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They really should've let you buy blades at a certain point since money served like zero purpose in the game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i went all the way to th final dungeon before i realized you could upgrade your blades weapons lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

thinkin about it i think endgame combat in 2 was my favorite in the series, elemental seals/seal breaking for 10s of millions of damage to all enemies is way more fun than chain ttacks. obviously i liked 3's combat nd class systems too but blowing up a full elemental seal combo and incinerating an endgame nm

Yeah, totally agreed

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I waited til close to the end where grinding was easier and then spent like 5 hours doing that until I got kosmos :frogbon:

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

all three xenoblade chronicles games are incredible. i played them all back to back last summer and will treasure them forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really liked the ending of 3. Hell it's probably got my favorite cast of any JRPG? they're all great. Not a single lame character in the entire party

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Tora and his blades were the only real weak link in 2's party imo, they just didn't really give him much to do. Morag and Zeke are fully win.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I hated Taion at the beginning but he grew on me. I like that you get sense of growth from all of the characters.

Pour one out for our boy Mwamba ✊

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone hate on xbc1-3. The only one I’ve seen people dislike is x lol

----------------

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

never played x, i heard the exploration was great

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

X had great scenery. The white beach area and the forest were both really cool and had great music.

That's the nicest thing I have to say about that game.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
X kicked rear end. Haters begone!!

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'd like to play X and see for myself, but I don't want to spend money on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'd like to play X and see for myself, but I don't want to spend money on it

It is easily the weakest of the xenoblade games but I enjoyed it.

----------------