Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
That’s not X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Elman posted:

The new EU regulations against hate speech and misinformation are coming into effect by the end of august. Musk said he'd abide by them (lmao)
Reporting examples of our hate speech and misinformation violates our TOS and is computer fraud and abuse, actually

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/heyitsyashu/status/1686954834220679168

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

ah yes the guy who famously can't stfu about how great he is, isn't talking about this imaginary technology he isn't actually developing, which makes me bullish on it definitely existing and definitely working as hoped

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nothing has done more to convince me that the Korean team hasn't been successful than elom-stans jumping on the bandwagon. No greater group of suckers and marks exists on the planet.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

glad i can't even open up twitter's explore page

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
all wires having resistance at room temperature is not what's stopping us from having quantum computers and free energy. also lol at the "high speed travel" instead of specifically saying rail.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

guy who hosed up the website where u tweet: "it's gonna be cool. Everyone will be like, "I posted it on x"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

blockchain
AI
room temperature superconductors

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tenderjerk posted:

context notwithstanding 'jew mexico' sounds kind of cool

Thinking of chimichurri lox rn

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
you forgot the tesla robot!!'

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

[hears about potential life-changing technological breakthrough] you know who this was made for?? elon musk and his exploding car

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

he manages to list three potential uses for twitter before he gets to sexual harassment

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

these people all live in a fantasy world

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it's not even a good fantasy world, it entirely revolves around making number go up

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My most generous interpretation of this is that he correctly identifies Musk as a good mark for investing on a thinly plausible project

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I thought I was past the point of being surprised at how dumb Musk is but for him to post the whole

Elon posted:

Exactly. If successful, X will enter the vernacular in ways that we don’t yet know.
“Saw it on X”
“Posted on X”
"Paid on X”
“Drunk texted my X gf”

thing and somehow miss the actual result of the name change: giving up a bespoke verb that was in common usage all over the world for not only something that can has to be used in the same manner as any other company name, but also literally choosing a name that is commonly understood to be a variable as opposed to an actual thing in and of itself was a real *crack* *ping* moment for me. Jesus Christ

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Too many people have accused Musk of having a room temperature IQ. He hears half the phrase and assumes it is that again.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"Posted on X" vs. "Tweeted"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

shyduck posted:

it's not even a good fantasy world, it entirely revolves around making number go up

This is every video game.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

RandomBlue posted:

This is every video game.

:wrong:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
World dying because we're addicted to number go up as a species.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If the starting state of RAM is all zeroes then the point of all computer software is to make numbers go up.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

entropy only goes up, makes you think

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

thiccabod posted:

I thought I was past the point of being surprised at how dumb Musk is but for him to post the whole

thing and somehow miss the actual result of the name change: giving up a bespoke verb that was in common usage all over the world for not only something that can has to be used in the same manner as any other company name, but also literally choosing a name that is commonly understood to be a variable as opposed to an actual thing in and of itself was a real *crack* *ping* moment for me. Jesus Christ

it really is amazing, it's such a terrible name for a brand for so so many reasons.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

shyduck posted:

entropy only goes up, makes you think

A closed system doesn’t allow outside energy, like the locked hotel rooms of X

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

thiccabod posted:

He is a deeply dumb person, even trump would understand what a boneheaded decision it was from a branding standpoint

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

thiccabod posted:

i like that this guy figured out how stupid it is and loves it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

https://insideevs.com/news/680090/tesla-working-on-final-piece-fsd-ai-puzzle-musk/

quote:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said in a recent Twitter (now known as X) reply that the EV brand is currently working on the final piece of the Full Self-Driving (FSD) artificial intelligence (AI) puzzle, which is apparently “vehicle control.”

Furthermore, Musk claims that the introduction of AI in the system’s electronic brain will reduce the number of code lines by over 300,000.

Last month, Tesla’s head honcho said that the so-called Full Self-Driving feature is “very close” to being able to operate without human intervention and that it will reach Level 4 or Level 5 autonomy before the end of this year, according to an AFP report. However, he then added that “this is only speculation,” which is rather confusing.

"In terms of where Tesla is at this stage, I think we are very close to achieving full self-driving without human supervision,” said Musk at the World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai on July 6. “This is only speculation, but I think we'll achieve full self-driving, maybe what you would call four or five, I think later this year."

Furthermore, the company’s chief executive officer said that artificial intelligence will be integrated into the next major software release of FSD, which will also likely drop the “Beta” designation judging from past statements made by Musk.

V12 is reserved for when FSD is end-to-end AI, from images in to steering, brakes, and acceleration out,” the CEO said in May.
:hmmyes: ????????

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-3-y-south-pasadena-police-fleet-unplugged-performance/

quote:

Unplugged Performance is pivoting from vehicles the police would probably chase to chase vehicles for the police themselves to drive. The company announced this week that it would be modifying 10 Tesla Model 3 and 10 Tesla Model Y vehicles for use by the South Pasadena Police Department, replacing its entire internal combustion fleet. "Tesla's stunning track record of reliability, low maintenance costs, and impressive on-road performance and driving dynamics make EV transition a safe choice for many departments. The cost savings are undeniable and being able to bring Tesla's entire suite of crash and safety systems to bear on officer safety is an added benefit above and beyond the economics of operating and maintaining this modern EV fleet," said Sergeant Tony Abdalla.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-y-suv-crash-los-angeles-homeless-encampment/

quote:

Tesla Model Y Launches Off LA Freeway Into Homeless Encampment
lmao

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Quotey posted:

i like that this guy figured out how stupid it is and loves it

it's free marketing!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Love to replace my deterministic and understandable code that runs a multi ton vehicle on public streets with a stochastic black box

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Fortunately no one died and only the people in the vehicle were injured

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

*selects 300k lines of code*
*writes "ai" in its place*

ship it

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the final piece of the self-driving puzzle: vehicle control

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lol @ adding "this is only speculation" to the beginning of whatever dumb poo poo the CEO feels like saying, problem solved

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
so this superconductor poo poo, is this like when there was an experiment a couple months back that was fairly promising albeit incremental but then was heralded among tech fuckers as a breakthrough in fusion energy or is totally a dud?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

ELTON JOHN posted:

the final piece of the self-driving puzzle: vehicle control

Uh, what was autopilot doing before then????? Is there a living monkey inside every Tesla?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Uh, what was autopilot doing before then????? Is there a living monkey inside every Tesla?

why do you think he was putting chips in all those monkeys

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dr. Killjoy posted:

so this superconductor poo poo, is this like when there was an experiment a couple months back that was fairly promising albeit incremental but then was heralded among tech fuckers as a breakthrough in fusion energy or is totally a dud?
It's all very sketchy and as far as anyone knows no other lab has been able to reproduce it. It's aurora borealis in Skinner's kitchen

edit: correction, a couple of labs in China have claimed to do it like last couple of days, but the information is still sketchy. If it's legit, it's fantastic. Now producing it to scale...

shyduck has issued a correction as of 19:07 on Aug 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Rasczak posted:

but why would this extremely divorced single man have a wedding ring on

Because he's a giant pink rear end in a top hat.