Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Check out Batman: The Brave and The Bold and Young Justice if you want to see some solid Blue Beetle stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
BB looks more like budget Venom to me, flying suit notwithstanding.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

gently caress, Paul Reubens aka Pee Wee Herman dead at 70 from cancer. He wasn't in a ton of movies, but he killed it whenever he had the chance.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Iron Man is a (creatively) budget Kamen Rider :colbert:

If Iron Man is more like Kamen Rider, Tony Stark's suit up scenes would always involve intricate posing with his briefcase. And he would have a dozen different luggage bags by the second movie, each with its own armor type. Then he would change his mind and all his armor would be accessed from a gatcha machine or a wizard spellbook and it would be themed after types of donuts.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

feedmyleg posted:

Iron Man is a (creatively) budget Kamen Rider :colbert:

Amusingly, it apparently came out in a recent artbook that peter’s stupid nanosuit in No Way Home was going to have a transformation belt that looked extremely similar to a rider driver in earlier revisions

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

gently caress, Paul Reubens aka Pee Wee Herman dead at 70 from cancer. He wasn't in a ton of movies, but he killed it whenever he had the chance.

Ugh that sucks. I never did watch the recent Pee Wee stuff he did. I'll have to do that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

If Iron Man is more like Kamen Rider, Tony Stark's suit up scenes would always involve intricate posing with his briefcase. And he would have a dozen different luggage bags by the second movie, each with its own armor type. Then he would change his mind and all his armor would be accessed from a gatcha machine or a wizard spellbook and it would be themed after types of donuts.

Exactly. It would be much better.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Has anyone seen this new film on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kut3nPN04U4

It's a typical buddy cop film but is interesting because the first 40 minutes of the film is straight up serious action, serious people stuff, with actions having real consequences, including an overwrought late Jackie chan film trope (which I assume is gov mandated writing) where he has to team up with an estranged daughter upset at him but will ultimately forgive him at the end despite his being an awful father.

And then cena and chan meet up and suddenly the film becomes a wacky comedic joint. There's one scene where chan and a guy fight each other while on wires jumping around a room full of bath suds, and cena being forced to make a joke that falls flat so that chan can get another joke later that falls even flatter later.

It's actually not awful despite how cg everything is, mostly saved by cena 's non verbal acting. Also I know cena is supposedly fluent in mandarin but he really needs to work on pronunciation lol

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Has anyone seen this new film on Netflix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kut3nPN04U4

It's actually not awful despite how cg everything is, mostly saved by cena 's non verbal acting. Also I know cena is supposedly fluent in mandarin but he really needs to work on pronunciation lol

Cena definitely sounds like an American when he spits the guoyu. Guy probably can't even tell the difference between voiced and unvoiced -sh sounds smdh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Schwarzwald posted:

Gonna repeat what I said in the discord: Blue Beetle looks to be a stones throw from a kind of latin Kamen Rider, which would rule, but instead it looks to be yet another budget Ironman after a decade of every film superhero being budget Ironman.

It's somewhat accidental, but some writers have absolutely leaned into that. Funny thing, with the Watchmen characters being originally meant to be Charlestone Comics characters, Nite Owl is based on the Blue Beetle. (Most famously Rorschach is also based on The Question with a touch of Mr A, and Dr Manhattan on Captain Atom)

Also Marvel's closest equivalent to Kamen Rider is Ghost Rider.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The MSJ posted:

Iron Man went to poo poo the second 3 ended with him blowing up his suits and going to the nanomachine suit, they should have left it at Tony has a satellite filled with suits for different situations

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's a typical buddy cop film but is interesting because the first 40 minutes of the film is straight up serious action, serious people stuff, with actions having real consequences, including an overwrought late Jackie chan film trope (which I assume is gov mandated writing) where he has to team up with an estranged daughter upset at him but will ultimately forgive him at the end despite his being an awful father.

Just like his real life, except without the forgiveness.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They really should just have Jackie's niece over eager to join his adventures

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuz0RgViws4
Slotherhouse

quote:

It’s senior year of college for sorority sister Emily Young and for the first time ever, Sigma Lambda Theta is having elections for who will be president. Wanting to have a killer year, Emily Young realizes she might just be the best option for her sorority. While beginning her campaign, she finds an adorable sloth that steals her heart and soon realizes she just might steal the hearts, and votes, of her sorority sisters. But when bodies slowly begin to pile up in the Sigma Lambda Theta house, Emily and her sorority sisters realize the deaths are being caused by their new house mascot, the cuddly sloth Alpha. Will Emily and her sisters escape the house with their lives? Or is this death-sloth with 3 razor sharp claws too quick for them?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The only way they can gently caress this up is if it’s like kangaroo Jack and there’s 10 seconds of actual sloth

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
About time, I saw a documentary once where I learned sloths love doing cochise on America's gravestone.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I'm going to name my next child Slotherhouse, I don't even care whether it's boy or girl.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I appreciate that they all groan at the title drop.

DMovie
Aug 3, 2023

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/joerussotweets/status/1686570436287774720

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I was real confused about why that post resulted in a perma and have now learned this is the loser Driftingmouse who would not shut the gently caress up about the updated version of this thread being published in early 2023. They were outted as the re-reg of a perma'd transphobe, permabanned, and since then has probably spent easily $200+ on new accounts just so they could register, post a link to twitter to share news of some celebrity's death, and get perma'd again.

:lol:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Thank you for doing the legwork for me on that one, I was real curious as well

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Drifting mouse wasn’t even patient zero? Who was their rereg

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Alan Smithee posted:

Drifting mouse wasn’t even patient zero? Who was their rereg

AllmyFrench78. They got perma'd in 2019 and then did the same exact thing, just constant re-regging.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

has more names than god

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

lol I should delay the new year's thread a few months just to earn this site an extra $500 bucks in reregs

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Sirotan posted:

I was real confused about why that post resulted in a perma and have now learned this is the loser Driftingmouse who would not shut the gently caress up about the updated version of this thread being published in early 2023. They were outted as the re-reg of a perma'd transphobe, permabanned, and since then has probably spent easily $200+ on new accounts just so they could register, post a link to twitter to share news of some celebrity's death, and get perma'd again.

:lol:
That was a pretty funny recurring thread joke. Almost as funny as DM constantly reregging and getting caught in five seconds every time.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They have the heart of a True Poster

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Zero_Grade posted:

That was a pretty funny recurring thread joke. Almost as funny as DM constantly reregging and getting caught in five seconds every time.

It was so much funnier when it was just a weirdo train spotting the OP

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, the constant transphobia isn't very funny.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Tars Tarkas posted:

lol I should delay the new year's thread a few months just to earn this site an extra $500 bucks in reregs

more successful tactic than releasing The Flash

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zero_Grade posted:

One of their reregs got bopped the other day in either the GBS Trump thread or maybe the gbs Musk thread.

I do not understand the brain damage required to spend this much money on reregs for the dumbest god drat gimmick, but I also don't hate Trans folk so I will never understand.

Eat poo poo Driftingmouse you loser.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

They just got double-perma’d for quoting their own post from a different parachute in the strike thread, too. Absolutely incredible brain on that one.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm going to name my next child Slotherhouse, I don't even care whether it's boy or girl.

My son is also named Slotherhouse.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

They just got double-perma’d for quoting their own post from a different parachute in the strike thread, too. Absolutely incredible brain on that one.

I saw that and lold. Some folks really shouldn't be allowed on the internet.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The last time this happened wasn’t the guy doing chargebacks on his cc and it made Lowtax really mad?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

The last time this happened wasn’t the guy doing chargebacks on his cc and it made Lowtax really mad?

Theres been several folks who did this. Dare, Seraph, and Matt Damon (who I will always believe was the real Matt Damon) are the ones I remember.

BlankInterspace
Aug 6, 2023

by vyelkin
https://screenrant.com/writers-strike-wga-amptp-failed-negotiation-update/

:sigh:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol it's never gonna end

This guy reregging, I mean

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao longest driftingmouse alt lifespan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I would like to believe they're doing this just so they can force the thread to continue and talk about upcoming movies in perpetuity.