Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Nasri is just so easy to mock. I guess it's his frenchness

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

what happens when you dont have your daily visit by the drip docs

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the Hereford FIFA Fan Fest

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
That time when Juve were going to sign Luis Suarez, but needed him to get an EU passport because they didn't have any free slots for non-EU players, so Fabio Paratici arranged for Suarez to take a sham Italian citizenship test and he was caught on camera getting all the answers handed to him by the test administrators. He didn't speak a word of Italian but "passed" an Italian language exam.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

vyelkin posted:

the Hereford FIFA Fan Fest

Lol hehe

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

the guardian posted:

It’s fair to say Milton Núñez did not become a legend at Sunderland – the Honduran striker joined for £1.6m from PAOK Salonika in March 2000 and barely played a game. It has never been confirmed, but Sunderland folklore has it that somebody at the club – a scout or the manager Peter Reid – thought they were signing Núñez’s Colombian teammate Adolfo Valencia.

It gets worse. Núñez reportedly said in an interview that Sunderland mistook him for two players: his PAOK teammate Valencia and his Honduras teammate Eduardo Bennett. What makes it even more absurd is that Valencia and Bennett are both just shy of 6ft. Núñez is 5ft 5in

Clubs signing the wrong player or signing players off grainy youtube clips ftw

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Everton paying sports interactive actual real money to use the football manager database to scout players

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That time when mad Jens took a piss behind the goals

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Jens Lehmann’s red card like 15 min into Arsenal’s first and last Champions League Final

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I totally forgot that after that, Arsenal somehow still scored and held the lead throughout most of the game.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I totally forgot that after that, Arsenal somehow still scored and held the lead throughout most of the game.

the arsenal way

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jesse Lingard hiring a screenprinter to print "JLINGZ" on t-shirts and sweats and claiming he was a fashion designer.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That time Eden Hazard kicked a ballboy

That time the ballboy Eden Hazard kicked ended up running a 150 million pound vodka company

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Joe Kinnear’s first press conference as Newcastle manager after being plucked out of obscurity where he calls a reporter a oval office within seconds

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

the sex ghost posted:

Everton paying sports interactive actual real money to use the football manager database to scout players

This seems like a smart thing to do and iirc more clubs are doing this nowadays?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
the fookin state of gervinho

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

This seems like a smart thing to do and iirc more clubs are doing this nowadays?

Hello Mr moshiri

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Hello Mr moshiri

Wasn’t this originally done during the Moyes era? Long before Moshiri was onboard.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Wasn’t this originally done during the Moyes era? Long before Moshiri was onboard.

Paying presumably more than the retail price for a copy of the game to get access to player info from FM2008 as though it's determined by advanced data and not some guy going 'yeah give him 15 tackling that sounds about right'

It is however very cool when players get picked for random national teams that they themselves didn't know they were eligible for because it's listed on FM

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I was going to say, wasn't this the era when the Sports Interactive "scouts" especially in the smaller/lower leagues was just some lad with a biro and a pad writing down nonsense?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Shrapnig posted:

I was going to say, wasn't this the era when the Sports Interactive "scouts" especially in the smaller/lower leagues was just some lad with a biro and a pad writing down nonsense?

RIP euroboy

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

remembering the edition of champ man where freddy adu was basically hardcoded to win eight ballon d'ors and doing a little lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Most scouts are just old men with a biro and a pad. They’re not much better.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Joe Kinnear’s first press conference as Newcastle manager after being plucked out of obscurity where he calls a reporter a oval office within seconds

Derek Lambezi
Yohan Kebab

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

charles insomnia

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

every time that one poster posts "kevin lasagna" i think it's one of joe kinnear's things lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

FullLeatherJacket posted:

when I realised that Kevin Lasagna was a real person and not just something Joe Kinnear said in a press conference when he was appointed as cut-price Newcastle manager despite not managing a top-flight club for a decade prior, after Kevin Keegan quit as cut-price Newcastle manager and then sued for constructive dismissal because Dennis Wise kept buying Youtube players, after Sam Allardyce was fired because they thought bringing Kevin Keegan back would get the fans onside

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Just suddenly remembered the england euro 2000 squad. Just look at it, phwoar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2000_squads

Then they finished third and got knocked out in the group stage behind Romania lmao.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4bORXW9xeU

This came up on my feed recently. Poor guy really wasn't meant to be filmed while he was getting a hang of things.

blue footed boobie posted:

Jesse Lingard hiring a screenprinter to print "JLINGZ" on t-shirts and sweats and claiming he was a fashion designer.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jizz horncamp

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

mila kunis posted:

Just suddenly remembered the england euro 2000 squad. Just look at it, phwoar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2000_squads

Then they finished third and got knocked out in the group stage behind Romania lmao.
Were 20 year old Gerrard and Owen world beaters? Some of those players seem like they’re there before their prime.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Were 20 year old Gerrard and Owen world beaters? Some of those players seem like they’re there before their prime.

probably not gerrard but owen absolutely was in his prime around that time. also beckham, scholes, seaman, campbell, keown, adams, fowler and shearer that's an incredibly talented squad in 2000

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Michael Owen won the Ballon d'Or the year after

which is both a reply to the previous discussion and also relevant thread content

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Michael Owen won the Ballon d'Or the year after

which is both a reply to the previous discussion and also relevant thread content

https://youtu.be/XadLaAYKol0

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

a lot to unpack here, OP

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

mila kunis posted:

probably not gerrard but owen absolutely was in his prime around that time. also beckham, scholes, seaman, campbell, keown, adams, fowler and shearer that's an incredibly talented squad in 2000

sadly the nevilles combined to lose it for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCcpullSZI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin's encyclopedic knowledge of every player in Wales