Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I feel like if they'd lumped Ed and David together the season would have been cut short due to a murder.

Ed Gamble and David Baddiel versus Daisy May Cooper and Richard Herring on an artistic team task, see who murders their teammate first, the time starts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
The new New Zealand season starts this Wednesday.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Theres a NEW new zealand?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Land of the even longer white cloud.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Buddy there are like 30 zealands, it's hardly new at this point.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

not a bot posted:

YES

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Irisi posted:

Ed Gamble and David Baddiel versus Daisy May Cooper and Richard Herring on an artistic team task, see who murders their teammate first, the time starts now.

How avant-garde

not a bot posted:

:eyepop:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Honestly I think they probably would have paired Ed with David if they had known ahead of time that David was going to be so bad at everything. It always felt like that was something that caught everyone off guard and it only really started to sink in during the studio segments that he was going to be like that the whole time.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I think they probably would have paired Ed with David if they had known ahead of time that David was going to be so bad at everything. It always felt like that was something that caught everyone off guard and it only really started to sink in during the studio segments that he was going to be like that the whole time.

Yea David did what a lot of the people who are poo poo do - whatever his first idea is, he goes with it
Even if that CLEARLY doesn't work. Nish was kinda the same

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I wonder when they typically decide the teams. Pre-season, or after a few days of solo tasks?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I think its mainly down to their schedules.

During the pineapple task Mae seemed to say that they'd done the team tasks before the location tasks.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

oh jay posted:

I wonder when they typically decide the teams. Pre-season, or after a few days of solo tasks?

According to Alex when he was on the official podcast it's pretty much all down to who's available when. Which makes a lot of sense when you think about the different schedules all the contestants would have.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

not a bot posted:

it starts on the 14th

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
But episode 2 is out on the 15th so it almost balances out. They're going to air two a week for the whole series, strange choice but I'll take it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
that is weird but it'll make it easier for my taskmaster watch parties, hmm

itry
Aug 23, 2019

We've been lied to by a bot :negative:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

itry posted:

We've been lied to by a bot :negative:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Chat GPT, Who will win Taskmaster Series 16?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

After starting series 9 I see that there’s new thrones! Maybe they’ll grow on me but how am I supposed to track the ugly throne seams that vary from series to series?

Sometimes they were ugly

Sometimes they were better

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sometimes he forgets his glasses, no need to call him out like that

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

So they microwave the chair between seasons?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The santa clauses are very hard on them during the off season

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Boxturret posted:

The santa clauses are very hard on them during the off season

That’s what I’ve been figuring, it’s just a rental and they picked a different one out of the pile each series.

Which is a little funny to me that they wouldn’t have just bought it

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Snowy posted:

That’s what I’ve been figuring, it’s just a rental and they picked a different one out of the pile each series.

Which is a little funny to me that they wouldn’t have just bought it

You'd think that they would at least keep those two chairs in some production office storage, or Horne's living room for the off-season duration, as they pretty much are the only persistent props beyond the house, which itself is also a rental and gets themed update for every new season.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I assumed the new chairs they have now are custom made for the show, they're covered in coconuts and watermelons and Alex's one has what looks like whistles? And his special drawer.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Boxturret posted:

I assumed the new chairs they have now are custom made for the show, they're covered in coconuts and watermelons and Alex's one has what looks like whistles? And his special drawer.

Yeah I’m assuming the new chairs are custom but I didn’t get why Greg’s has birds, maybe giant figs, and yeah they’re probably coconuts but I was thinking bowling balls.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Kinda related, why is that one series has the TM logo be sorta east asian and has a gong sound?
I never worked that out (I think it's 8)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Taear posted:

Kinda related, why is that one series has the TM logo be sorta east asian and has a gong sound?

After a while every series got really heavy theming in the main room in the house, a recent one was circus, the latest one was beatles/70s, one was soviet brutalism etc.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well each series has their own aesthetic to the art and objects in the house, I think it was just that one time they decided to try extending the theme to the logo and then went 'nah'.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Taear posted:

I actually commented on that when it was new to me, and is probably one reason why Season 8 got so much flak, besides following Season 7 which was superb.

But yeah, they have a theme for each season; that was the time they experimented with extending it to the theme song and other stuff beyond the house.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

How the gently caress did I not notice that? I loaded up season 8 episode 1 and was like I wonder how subtle it is... and it's just like BAM here's the logo shaped like Asian letters and an Asian sounding riff. I totally missed it and I've rewatched even that series maybe 3-4 times.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Phigs posted:

How the gently caress did I not notice that? I loaded up season 8 episode 1 and was like I wonder how subtle it is... and it's just like BAM here's the logo shaped like Asian letters and an Asian sounding riff. I totally missed it and I've rewatched even that series maybe 3-4 times.

"Now look into your left shoe".... "Is that the card you picked earlier?" :D

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Composer Dru Masters is really great with the themes every season. I always look forward to seeing what it'll be each time with the artwork and everything to go with it. It's wonderful.

I liked the spaghetti western the best.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The anime eyes on the windows was a step too far for me. Otherwise, it was novel.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

not a bot posted:

Where could an American watch this? The first one was so good but I had to use YouTube channels that later got them all taken down

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Where could an American watch this? The first one was so good but I had to use YouTube channels that later got them all taken down

the same youtube channel as before with a 2 at the end

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

oh jay posted:

The anime eyes on the windows was a step too far for me. Otherwise, it was novel.

Yea like I figured it was related to the theme (anime eyes, anime STUFF in the house) but because it goes totally unmentioned and only happens once I thought there might be something more to it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

I tried out this Outsiders show since I saw it mentioned a few times as being like taskmaster. Does it get better? The first episode is really not grabbing me at all.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
It has its moments, some of the games/tasks fall a bit flat, but some generate some genuinely funny moments, and the banter with them afterwards is often great.

It's no Taskmaster, but it isn't by far the worst "comedians do stuff" show on telly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

thehustler posted:

Composer Dru Masters is really great with the themes every season. I always look forward to seeing what it'll be each time with the artwork and everything to go with it. It's wonderful.

I liked the spaghetti western the best.

I wish they released more of the music on youtube or something, there are a few tracks that I want to hear in isolation

E: well poo poo I should've looked before posting....

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCkc8vHfqcGqDrApY5s2dahvJFr5NCdRH

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 7, 2023