Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Lance Storm believes that the MINUS OH match Granny watched was Johnny Swinger vs. Zicky Dice, a comedy match that aired on Impact about a week ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Funny - this came up in YouTube for me this weekend. Highly recommend the retro sync version. It's so much funnier with the actual video.

agreed, the retro sync versions are the way to go

its easy to end up chain watching retro syncs because of that

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Lance Storm believes that the MINUS OH match Granny watched was Johnny Swinger vs. Zicky Dice, a comedy match that aired on Impact about a week ago

Did we ever get an answer on what Granny was watching when she was talking about "Rollins vs. Zibo" from about a year ago

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edward Mass posted:

To be honest, as great as MINUS OH was, what I really want to know more about is the Yodeling Rebel*.

* That's what they'd call her now**.

** What they called her then was nothing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I keep getting triggered by some interview Dave did where the interviewer claims Dave's biased because TNA only has 1 5 star match.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

algebra testes posted:

I keep getting triggered by some interview Dave did where the interviewer claims Dave's biased because TNA only has 1 5 star match.

the retro NWA-TNA reviews are already incredible because unlike a lot of nostalgia straight from the word go its "these are the worst shows we have ever seen" and they have only actively gotten worse in retrospect because they were so unwatched and dumb that people forgot one week after we had a little person masturbating in a trash can we had Jeff Harrett take one out of a sack, threaten to crripple him, and the little person stopped him BY PULLING A GUN ON JEFF JARRETT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

the retro NWA-TNA reviews are already incredible because unlike a lot of nostalgia straight from the word go its "these are the worst shows we have ever seen" and they have only actively gotten worse in retrospect because they were so unwatched and dumb that people forgot one week after we had a little person masturbating in a trash can we had Jeff Harrett take one out of a sack, threaten to crripple him, and the little person stopped him BY PULLING A GUN ON JEFF JARRETT

TNA is one of those companies that is made for retrospective podcasts. So much poo poo that is funny when someone explains it but is just joyless to actually sit through. Like Puppet pulling a gun on Jeff Jarrett.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm still boggling from when Bryan said that the little person was gonna shoot- shoot Jeff Jarrett and I spent like the next five minutes of the conversation thinking 'wait so this was unscripted? That was a real gun???

Wrestling lingo is fun.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

A few eps in I was worried B&V didn't have the juice to rant on these shows after burning out on late WCW, but they're getting there.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Supreme B&V content, up there with the worst of WCW already

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
WCW was such psychological torture on those guys, mixed in with great nostalgia about their own wrestling careers/going to the shows, and then also frustration at WWF booking not being great only The Rock being a massive star so it didn't matter.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

algebra testes posted:

WCW was such psychological torture on those guys, mixed in with great nostalgia about their own wrestling careers/going to the shows, and then also frustration at WWF booking not being great only The Rock being a massive star so it didn't matter.

Unironically, B&V having existential crises from lovely Nitros and Raws really makes me appreciate Deadlock loving lovely episodes of Thunder all the more.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
bam bam bigelow being counted out of nowhere will live in my head forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan starting to play devil's advocate and try and explain/defend some of the storylines in NWA/TNA only for Vinnie to scream,"WHY DEFEND IT? YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND IT! NOBODY IS MAKING YOU!" :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Vinny’s sudden outbursts are so good

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

for me, its not just that puppet pulls a gun on jeff jarret, its that they are only 5 episodes in and they already have someone pulling a gun on a wrestler. like thats it. you cant escalate further than a gun unless you next give puppet a tank or something

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 4, 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
for me its that once Russo came on board the entire show was degenerated into the most rampant misogyny in wrestling history and think of the ground that covers

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bryan's MJF/Adam Cole fantasy booking is so good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1687531851664224256

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/deadlockpw/status/1686915254603685890

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1687901653213798400

The crossover event of a generation

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Only B&V can have the big new intro ruined by the bumper music playing over it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They better be jobbers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan and Vinny taking a fascinating journey into the world of butt phones :lol:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Why are the boys not back in town yet!?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they have become lazy with success

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Suplex Liberace posted:

they have become lazy with success

SKEEEEE WOAAAHHH

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Still no slop want my slop

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
didnt bryan tease some big new thing for the summerslam show or was that for later this month?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's just a video edit of that guy's theme song

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yea ok posted:

it's just a video edit of that guy's theme song

seriously? hes been talking about this for months

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

seriously? hes been talking about this for months

welcome to bryan alvarez lol

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

“Logan Paul is like El Phantasmo but with charisma”

what a brutal BURIAL from Meltz lol just lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the escape goat posted:

“Logan Paul is like El Phantasmo but with charisma”

what a brutal BURIAL from Meltz lol just lol

That almost killed me irl

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Sometimes Dave says stuff that I disagree with and I think that's nice. They were raving about the Brock and Cody match from SummerSlam and I thought that match was dreadful.

I also don't really get Dave insisting that NJPW is cold and that SANADA sucks and whatnot and I'm just like where is this coming from. But sometimes it's just Dave being Dave not necessarily something a bunch of people are saying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sanada loving sucks

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He couldn’t get a better opponent than bungle boy for the big crossover show because nobody cares

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sanada loving sucks

He's so handsome

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

THE BOYS WHO ARE BACK IN TOWN posted:

The fallout from WWF Unforgiven 1998 happens on this episode of WWF Monday Night RAW! Stone Cold defended the WWF Championship against Dude Love! During the match Austin hit Mr. McMahon with a chair! Mr. McMahon addresses what happened at the PPV and makes Stone Cold defend the WWF Championship against Goldust with Gerald Brisco as the special guest referee. Austin is angry that he has to do this match and Dude Love is pissed that he feels like Goldust stole his opportunity. Plus, we get the infamous moment where DX invades WCW. They drive a “tank” to WCW’s front door at the Norfolk Scope. And following the Inferno Match between Kane & The Undertaker, The Undertaker calls out Kane. Paul Bearer and Kane answer the challenge with Paul Bearer pleading for this feud to stop and he reveals that he is the father of Kane. Plus, Owen Hart joins the Nation of Domination and more.

oh god its the "tank" episode

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Goddamn I’m ready to get into that in the morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Loved that the end result of Bryan's story on WOL about carefully working out EXACTLY how much wrestling was on Summerslam so he could convince Dave to be done watching the show so they could start WOR by midnight ended with,"So we started WOR at 1:30am...."