Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Stravag posted:

The collective goon knowledge base truly is fascinating and immense sometimes

I don't know if it's actually true. I think I picked that up from animal planet or Discovery a couple of decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nuclear Tourist posted:

They did a two parter about this on the I'm From the Internet podcast, highly recommended.

Yeah don't listen to that podcast, it's made by a freak pedophile serial rereg forums stalker.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah don't listen to that podcast, it's made by a freak pedophile serial rereg forums stalker.

:dogstare:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Stravag posted:

The llama sex wars are real and premised on the concept of “There Can Be Only One”. The males and females live in separate herds, and the male who wins the War gets to be the sole breeder/guardian of the female herd. Until he gets tired and returns to the male herd, sparking a new war.

Getting challenged by an adult llama would suck immensely, I’m glad I didn’t know that was a possibility. They run into each other like goats and then wrestle with their necks, using their skulls like maces. Wild llamas even have “fighting teeth” on each side of the jaw that are just giant razor blades used to gently caress poo poo up.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Stravag posted:

It's like we're one of those AIs that's been messed with by the internet to make it give weird answers.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

... well the name checks out at least!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Vengarr posted:

The llama sex wars are real and premised on the concept of “There Can Be Only One”. The males and females live in separate herds, and the male who wins the War gets to be the sole breeder/guardian of the female herd. Until he gets tired and returns to the male herd, sparking a new war.

Getting challenged by an adult llama would suck immensely, I’m glad I didn’t know that was a possibility. They run into each other like goats and then wrestle with their necks, using their skulls like maces. Wild llamas even have “fighting teeth” on each side of the jaw that are just giant razor blades used to gently caress poo poo up.

The ideal relationship with a llama is that of workplace acquaintance. You want them to understand that you belong there, but you're not friends.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I’m sorry what?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

What now? Please elaborate.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
martin random, rereg guy that has been permabanned multiple times. Dont know about the pedo thing though. But yeah hes a main contributor and also runs some of the SA twitter things that pop up and has posted some insane poo poo there. Including stuff about a goon that died

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=39400

yeah not sure about the pedo thing but he was permabanned when he was going through a divource I believe and posting about trying to get a gun while also posting some really hosed up stuff about woman and his ex. If I remember right from an ex mod at the time he was actually barred from owning a gun due to DV charges but was posting about trying to buy a gun through straw purchases or bypassing the ATF checks. All this while basically stating he wanted one to harrass or even potentially harm his ex.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 3, 2023

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

A.o.D. posted:

The ideal relationship with a llama is that of workplace acquaintance. You want them to understand that you belong there, but you're not friends.

I’ve never had them be anything but chill and friendly. When the vet came to give them shots, one showed his displeasure by kicking the needle, didn’t touch the vets’ hand at all. Very precise. Just have to train them right I guess.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
[quote=]
Or Martin Random, who upon getting permabanned for asking for gun suggestions with five thousand dollars to work with, something you could conceal and jam in somebody’s gut without issue, while he had an active restraining order out on him
Had two people come out of the woodwork to say they knew him irl and that they were being stalked by him and it was insanely concerning he was trying to buy a gun

or finding out from the goon group that he hung out with that they all knew he had a restraining order out on him from his ex wife and nobody said poo poo
Martin random got permabanned for trying to buy a gun best used at sub 10 feet while he had an active restraining order out against him by his ex wife

[/quote]

Lol yep what I remembered, had to look at some old things where a mod at the time had to deal with all of it

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Well I guess I'm not listening to that again then, had no idea.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/eQBRk9Q.mp4

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A.o.D. posted:

I don't know if it's actually true. I think I picked that up from animal planet or Discovery a couple of decades ago.

You and me, girl, we ain't nothin' but llamas..

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Do you have confirmation that it’s Martin Random? Because at least one of the hosts did a minisode about him and his Bush administration fakeposting which would certainly bring it on the level of Koala’s Marcho or that other mod who got busted buying themselves threatening red-text avatars levels of bullshit.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Do you have confirmation that it’s Martin Random? Because at least one of the hosts did a minisode about him and his Bush administration fakeposting which would certainly bring it on the level of Koala’s Marcho or that other mod who got busted buying themselves threatening red-text avatars levels of bullshit.

It's Guy Mann/Sleeveless/Of Science, a noted furry stalker freak. Ask the PYF Sagas threads and the modmins within for more details. But like after being permabanned for being generally weird (including defending a dude banned because they enjoyed nude photos of underage teens) they re-regged just to mine info from the SAD thread about goons who died.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Any word about Private Zoidberg since he went into the van?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Any word about Private Zoidberg since he went into the van?

Travis King’s sister says US soldier who crossed into North Korea is ‘not the type to just disappear’

I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you, lady; he did.

But some actual facts about it:

quote:

State Department spokesperson Matt Miller confirmed to CNN earlier Wednesday that the North Koreans had reached out to the United Nations Command in the last 48 hours about King, but said “it was not a substantive call” and there not seen “as progress in any way.”

“The outreach that we have made to North Korea through diplomatic channels has still not been answered,” Miller said at a State Department briefing.

The development comes after the deputy commander of UN Command said last week that a “conversation has commenced” with North Korea over King. Gen. Andrew Harrison said at the time that the case of King is still under investigation and he could not provide further detail on the private.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I hope he is living his best life.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

I hope he is living his best life.

Given what happened with the last person to end up in these circumstances I think I would set the floor at being happy to be living his life at all. We'll get to the best part later.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

He's currently being wined and dined to convince him to stay.

Or he was beaten and left for dead for beating Kim Jong Un at Basketball.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I've been in Korea for 13 years and never on my worst day did the thought cross my mind that I should make a run for the border. And I'll imagine with the poo poo I know I'd be treated better than some numbnuts E2.

I hope he comes back in one piece.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
Given NKs record, I bet he wishes his nuts were numb before this is over.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

For the moment he's probably being treated alright because North Korea's in "let's see what we can get" mode. That's probably what the "not substantive call" to UN Command was about. Pretty quickly they'll learn his value is less "unfreeze these Hong Kong bank accounts" and more "$5 Arby's gift card, if that."

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I don't know, that Arby's card might be worth more these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwcSvuJFg0

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fatty Un wants to go to Disney World and not stand in any lines.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That was his older brother who was busted for trying to get into Tokyo Disneyland with a fake passport. The one who was later "pranked" with VX in Malaysia.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Wrong Theory posted:

I don't know, that Arby's card might be worth more these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpwcSvuJFg0

Will Sasso running into the window here is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life. I lost my poo poo in the theater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8wF-8R23Q

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/snqb9Y2.mp4

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JFC that looked like it was 2 ft from clipping the ground and a bad day for a lot of people.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I feel way better about my DCS landings now

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
THAT'S WHY WE HAVE A LOTTA SAFETY ROOM,

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Tag yourself. I'm the 8th AF buck sergeant just nodding along at the end, "yup...yup...happens all the time..."

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

BUG JUG posted:

Tag yourself. I'm the 8th AF buck sergeant just nodding along at the end, "yup...yup...happens all the time..."

That one Marine: Should have put a mattress down.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kitfox88 posted:

THAT'S WHY WE HAVE A LOTTA SAFETY ROOM,

I fuckin loled because jfc

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

It's Guy Mann/Sleeveless/Of Science, a noted furry stalker freak. Ask the PYF Sagas threads and the modmins within for more details. But like after being permabanned for being generally weird (including defending a dude banned because they enjoyed nude photos of underage teens) they re-regged just to mine info from the SAD thread about goons who died.

Are we talking a furry who stalks or a stalker of furries, though I'm aware it's probably both

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Reno here, similar poo poo happened and messed up many of my friends.

Being off, I can help them talk through stuff.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
What do you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
So was that pilot error or wind or what?