Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

thank you for including the dong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

anyone else remember 92, 93 and 95? :unsmith:

:smith:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

I had a dream last night that Dak threw an interception during the season opener and I was annoyed that I'd have to come in here tomorrow and argue why it wasn't his fault

No surprises here at all that you have dreams about Dak Prescott.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shinjobi posted:

Just....just get to the NFC title game

Just get there, once. Please.

[insert Dr Evil gif: "How about No"]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
you sonofa

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

you sonofa

Sorry, you get no joy until the long suffering WFT fans get to enjoy an NFC title game first

in other words you never get joy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Absolutely dire

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/RiggosRag/status/1686722245291352065?s=20

He still can’t believe what it’s like not to have Dan Snyder’s bullshit clouding his entire offseason and training camp. We could go 0-17 and he’d still probably have that poo poo eating grin on his face the whole way.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

https://twitter.com/RiggosRag/status/1686722245291352065?s=20

He still can’t believe what it’s like not to have Dan Snyder’s bullshit clouding his entire offseason and training camp. We could go 0-17 and he’d still probably have that poo poo eating grin on his face the whole way.

And so will I

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
https://deadspin.com/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-trevon-diggs-nfl-practice-1850699357

quote:

Trevon Diggs is feeling himself after signing his new contract. Just over a week after his financial future has been secured with the Dallas Cowboys, he has no problem going after Dak Prescott — the face on the field of the most profitable sports franchise in the world.

During a training camp session, Prescott decided to take off on a scramble. The problem with that, defensive players aren’t allowed to touch quarterbacks in practice so once he tucks the ball that rep is dead. Maybe it was a heads-up to the offensive line that Prescott will take off sometimes, but largely no work is accomplished if Prescott brings practice to a halt once he becomes a ball carrier.

Diggs called this out while he was on the field working against the Cowboys’ No. 1 offense. He was quite unhappy with Prescott’s decision to kill an entire rep by taking off with the football. Diggs yelled at the Cowboys starting quarterback to stay in the pocket/box, and is heard on the video saying something about Prescott’s “bitch rear end” to express his disappointment.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

"That's a normal day of me and Trayvon talking at each other, to be honest..."

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/the-hardline-interview-with-quarterback-dak-presco

Also, him talking about Micah later is really funny

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bet you Diggs never called Hurts that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts finally threw an INT today. Season on the brink

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I am very much looking forward to Washington games at home sounding and feeling like a home game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1688253370937528320?s=20

:barf:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s such a horrible person he can’t even get a backup job

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've never felt more embarrassed for a professional athlete

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

euphronius posted:

He’s such a horrible person he can’t even get a backup job

Wentz does have talent at the bad starter/good backup level. When you think of how many truly awful QBs still get jobs he must be a staggeringly lovely human being.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

Wentz does have talent at the bad starter/good backup level. When you think of how many truly awful QBs still get jobs he must be a staggeringly lovely human being.
I'm just surprised we have not heard more stories about him being lovely if he is that loving lovely.

I wonder how much of it has to do with him flaming out on both the QB needy Colts and QB needy WFT in consecutive years.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I might be misremembering but I got the impressive that it was less “lovely” person and more of a lame asshat that didn’t have any redeeming qualities.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he's probably nice enough it's just that nobody anywhere likes him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There were tons of stories from Philadelphia

Also just look at his social media. He’s horrendous

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
What's on his social media?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

What's on his social media?

Carson Wentz

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Horrifying

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I see some midwestern white guy cringe but nothing beyond what's typical for the league

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Jesus Christ, NSFW Pls

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

blarzgh posted:

Jesus Christ, NSFW Pls

Carson "Can't, Missed" Wentz

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hey guys, you remember that time Carson Wentz played good enough to get his team into the playoffs but then got injured and Big Dick Nick Foles came in and won all the playoff games and the Super Bowl?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
isn't nfl backup entirely predicated around teamwork, gameplanning, theorycrafting stuff and nothing to do with your actual physical ability to play?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah it fuckin owned

edit: lost in the hilarity of that postseason was the fact that after taking over for wentz foles looked like dogshit against the raiders and cowboys (the cowboys matchup was the last game of the season and he was barely in it, but even in minimal time he managed to throw an INT), then bumbled his way through the first round against atlanta. but in the middle of that streak of bad-to-mediocre football he went 24/38 for 237 yards and 4 TDs against the giants because gently caress the giants

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey guys, you remember that time Carson Wentz played good enough to get his team into the playoffs but then got injured and Big Dick Nick Foles came in and won all the playoff games and the Super Bowl?

Lol the only thing more humiliating would be if they quickly built a statue of the backup qb to be on display in his honor in the home stadium

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

isn't nfl backup entirely predicated around teamwork, gameplanning, theorycrafting stuff and nothing to do with your actual physical ability to play?

Yeah so literally any of us could do it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Toaster Beef posted:

yeah it fuckin owned

edit: lost in the hilarity of that postseason was the fact that after taking over for wentz foles looked like dogshit against the raiders and cowboys (the cowboys matchup was the last game of the season and he was barely in it, but even in minimal time he managed to throw an INT), then bumbled his way through the first round against atlanta. but in the middle of that streak of bad-to-mediocre football he went 24/38 for 237 yards and 4 TDs against the giants because gently caress the giants

I remember being so absolutely crushed when wentz went out. I was so hyped, this is it, this is finally the loving time we get a loving super bowl this team is the real deal. And then foles comes out and poops and peepees all over himself in the final two games and I'm like jesus christ I am never seeing an eagles super bowl in my life. Falcons game was like yeah this is it, vikings are hot we are done. Absolutely dunked the vikings and I was flying high lets go big dick nick baby. and then we got that bag. Last year would have been absolutely disastrousfor me mentally if we didn't win that 2017. Instead it was just one night of brutal depression and then next day I felt ok cause hey 2017 baby.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mahomes turning into some platonic avatar and levitating off the field made the last Super Bowl loss whatever to me. You can’t be mad losing to god

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol the only thing more humiliating would be if they quickly built a statue of the backup qb to be on display in his honor in the home stadium

Build the statue but only if it has a giant erect penis.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah 2017 made last year infinitely easier to deal with. had posters in this very thread trying to tell me i was secretly devastated or something, lol

fuckin cowboys fans trying to tell other fans how to feel about a super bowl loss when their team hasn't even been within a game of it since patrick mahomes was four months old

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

hey 2017 baby.
:hmmyes: :hfive:

i want to see more of this self-care from you this year, friend

Toaster Beef posted:

had posters in this very thread trying to tell me i was secretly devastated or something, lol
this was the biggest lmao- guys who hadn't posted in weeks/months coming in to dance and pick very weirdly personal fights, simply embarrassing poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Mahomes turning into some platonic avatar and levitating off the field made the last Super Bowl loss whatever to me. You can’t be mad losing to god

I was more mad about the idiots crying about the lovely field and "bad defensive holding call". Andy and mahomes absolutely ran circles around gannon's lovely defense that was so absent beyond the strategy of d-line just go live in the backfield. The back to back blown coverage touchdowns on the same motion pass play that happened because of lovely scheme design and subsequent failure to react and adjust by the coach.