Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

Are there any channels where I can watch people watch people play games
allow me to direct you to the adtrw vtuber thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

Feet first into hell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

homeless snail posted:

no

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Khanstant posted:

Good to hear they're still around in some form. I've been trying and failing to get flash to work since I want Neopets trophies, and the old flash ones have far less competition since it's such a pain in the rear end. I almost want to just find some loving 2004-rear end desktop that still has the oldest browsers and flash support but honestly think that still might not work. The guides for getting flash to work today only cover modern OS.

Adobe should just get its head out of its rear end, make its programs better, and then also rerelease a new flash without the insane security vulnerabilities. People hated that.

I just installed https://archive.org/details/flashplayerarchive as well as the Pale Moon browser and the testing site https://webbrowsertools.com/test-flash-player/ showed that Flash works in that browser now. The Pale Moon browser can also handle Shockwave: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/339173/how-can-i-play-dcr-shockwave-games

Flashpoint is also good for playing old Flash, Shockwave, and Java games separately of any website. I remember Overflow (a simple Java reskin of the classic arcade game Pipe Mania, but heping a chameleon slurp soda is far more entertaining a concept than redirecting sewage), Merlin's Quest, Candystand Miniature Golf, Waterballoon Drop 3, Toonami Lockdown, and Cartoon Cartoon Summer Resort: Episodes 1-4

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 3, 2023

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cliffyb voice, something eerie about the timing of the loss of the adtrw vtuber thread and the release of a true vtuber as performance art in fuwamoco

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Khanstant posted:

Good to hear they're still around in some form. I've been trying and failing to get flash to work since I want Neopets trophies, and the old flash ones have far less competition since it's such a pain in the rear end. I almost want to just find some loving 2004-rear end desktop that still has the oldest browsers and flash support but honestly think that still might not work. The guides for getting flash to work today only cover modern OS.

Adobe should just get its head out of its rear end, make its programs better, and then also rerelease a new flash without the insane security vulnerabilities. People hated that.

Honestly, this is a good idea. I've been playing neopets right now mostly for Neoquest, I don't know what's so compelling about that lovely html jrpg but I need to finish it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

cliffyb voice, something eerie about the timing of the loss of the adtrw vtuber thread and the release of a true vtuber as performance art in fuwamoco

That's right.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Arzaac posted:

Honestly, this is a good idea. I've been playing neopets right now mostly for Neoquest, I don't know what's so compelling about that lovely html jrpg but I need to finish it

Haha I found a ten year old grease monkey script that doesn't work that just auto hits next on the battle screen so you don't have to ... But it doesn't work ;_;

Also there's a Speedrun hi score table and I'm still on evil but the insane playthrough are 12 hours, which seems impossible... And I think it must be bc the players I looked up on the table to see if they had tips or guides were just frozen lol.

I'm trying to train my pet up now, and every old weapon I used to aim for is garbage now compared to newer cheaper stuff. However some of the Neoquest rewards are still so rare they are worth a lot (but who is buying seems hard to sell).

Hoping the new owner revitalizes battledome bc it's been broken for years, one core mechanic doesn't work, and they no longer do they thing where you beat an enemy and their HP goes up. So players with actually strong pets have no real reason to be anymore.

edit: so on the first they had a glitch and didn't award trophies, which gave an extra day for all my scores to get bumped from gold. Lost my golds, but still got 3 new trophies!

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 4, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

galenanorth posted:

I just installed https://archive.org/details/flashplayerarchive as well as the Pale Moon browser and the testing site https://webbrowsertools.com/test-flash-player/ showed that Flash works in that browser now. The Pale Moon browser can also handle Shockwave: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/339173/how-can-i-play-dcr-shockwave-games

Flashpoint is also good for playing old Flash, Shockwave, and Java games separately of any website. I remember Overflow (a simple Java reskin of the classic arcade game Pipe Mania, but heping a chameleon slurp soda is far more entertaining a concept than redirecting sewage), Merlin's Quest, Candystand Miniature Golf, Waterballoon Drop 3, Toonami Lockdown, and Cartoon Cartoon Summer Resort: Episodes 1-4

To be clear, I can get flash to semi work on Neopets, but not all of them and none will send score since the numbers are hosed. People still can though so I did something wrong. Have to also use something called Fiddler classic with some other edits bc of the older games don't use https but modern calls need it, and there's a few other little hacks to get things working properly. I'll just need to start over and try the tutorial again, fiddler gives a weird error when I start it and I assume it should not. There's no way on GitHub to contact someone, the person updated it recently so I was hoping they might know my issue. Oh well.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hwurmp posted:

:ssh: D&D is bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

six hours to calculate a single attack; sounds about right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

six hours to calculate a single attack; sounds about right

Someone was bad at math in middle school

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Gary friggin Gygax

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I just had the wizard cast We Win instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hwurmp posted:

I just had the wizard cast We Win instead

More wizards should learn that spell instead of lightning bolt

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thac0 hasnt been a thing for 25 years, im sorry to break it to all the elderly d&d players itt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

homeless snail posted:

Lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
a tabletop system where you have to do more math, get government grants and sell it to schools like minecraft education edition.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

are all the haters just against dnd in particular or tabletop in general, cause lol lmao if it's the latter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

D&D in particular, a lot of it is because it pretty much near-monopolizes the tabletop industry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres a breath of the wild homebrew ttrpg system that ive read, multiple times cover to cover and i still have no idea how anyone is supposed to play it. slavishly devoted to replicating mechanics of the video game, and doing math to calculate how many hearts you get when you cook food or whatever

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Waffleman_ posted:

D&D in particular, a lot of it is because it pretty much near-monopolizes the tabletop industry

fair. I have some fond memories cause it's what got me interested in tabletop in general but yeah it isn't great lol.

been playing in a campaign that's using a combo homebrew mashup of Knave and Glaive that's been a lot of fun. It's amazing what you can do with a system when you cut out all the pointless crunch and keep numbers lower.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyberpunk Red is my favorite pen and paper RPG.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Baldur's Gate 3 should let you setup a camera to a dice tray so you can roll your own dice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GURPS CRPG when

Edit: in the first hour of Baldur's Gate 3 I rolled a 1 critical failure in a dialogue and immediately game overed and lost 20 minutes of progress lol... this is real

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wondering how long an Arsehole Run would last in BG3.

Dickhead to everyone.
Steal whatever.
Murder whoever.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

On the character creation scene one of the canon options is called The Dark Urge and it is something that encourages you to kill everyone so

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i run a 5e game for my niece and nephew. its Fine, we have fun and, they know the rules well enough + 5e is by far the easiest rpg to play online right now because the tools are so good, so it goes pretty smoothly. but a couple sessions ago after, a kind of boring battle, shes like "does d&d actually suck". I couldn't lie...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

time to teach them "Powered by the Apocalypse"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dungeon world was the the first game we played, thats probably the worst pbta game though. we started playing d&d because, all their friends play d&d + they fell into stranger things hype

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On the character creation scene one of the canon options is called The Dark Urge and it is something that encourages you to kill everyone so

It also encourages you to resist the urge. Each origin has a little scene of them explaining their deal, with a spotlight like they're on a stage.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

time to teach them "Powered by the Apocalypse"

Nah, 1 shot Gamma World /w Lego Minis.

Just create a bunch of bullshit

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do the Carly Rae Jepsen cyberpunk one-shot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

over covid I tried hard to get them into the ffg star wars game but, that was too hard to teach them over the internet and, the dumbass dice are impossible to get so its annoying to play irl. thought about getting them into this star wars hack of traveller i found but, our current d&d campaign is spelljammer so i'm probably not going to do a space game if we play something else

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Do the Carly Rae Jepsen cyberpunk one-shot
I had a copy of cyberpunk ready to go last time I visited, if we had enough time to play two games. but we just managed to squeeze in a d&d session

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

honestly I'm a sucker for PbP games instead of in voice or in person. People are less likely to get overwhelmed and it's easier to stay in character. Also you don't have to travel anywhere which is handy. But then again I also massively prefer reading over audiovisual forms of media so I might be biased heavily.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Arzaac posted:

Khanstant posted:

Haha I found a ten year old grease monkey script that doesn't work that just auto hits next on the battle screen so you don't have to ... But it doesn't work ;_;

Also there's a Speedrun hi score table and I'm still on evil but the insane playthrough are 12 hours, which seems impossible... And I think it must be bc the players I looked up on the table to see if they had tips or guides were just frozen lol.

I'm trying to train my pet up now, and every old weapon I used to aim for is garbage now compared to newer cheaper stuff. However some of the Neoquest rewards are still so rare they are worth a lot (but who is buying seems hard to sell).

Hoping the new owner revitalizes battledome bc it's been broken for years, one core mechanic doesn't work, and they no longer do they thing where you beat an enemy and their HP goes up. So players with actually strong pets have no real reason to be anymore.

edit: so on the first they had a glitch and didn't award trophies, which gave an extra day for all my scores to get bumped from gold. Lost my golds, but still got 3 new trophies!

hell yeah i recognize some of these words

neopets ftmfw

i just wanna play fuckin spellseeker

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Happy BG3ing to everyone who observes it, I simply have too many other good games to play this year already.

Also I just never could get into crpgs for some reason.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

hell yeah i recognize some of these words

neopets ftmfw

i just wanna play fuckin spellseeker

I never cared for the customization stuff when it was new but sinces it's been like 15 years there's actually a ton of cool options now. Dressing up the pets is actually fun now lol. For 20 years my account only had 3 pets, nowadays you can have like 10. I have five now which feels like a ton.

You can remove parts of pets now too. My Maraquan Ixi has no eyes now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

You can remove parts of pets now too. My Maraquan Ixi has no eyes now.

Maraquan x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

This gate is balder. It has no hair