Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It's always the scrungly ones that break hearts :smith: Fly high, Tater Tot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Happy Landfill posted:

I am feeling immense grief for this tiny, belligerent kitten I didn't know

About a year ago, my dad's dog had to take that final trip to the vet. I went with my dad to support him, though I ended up being in worse emotional shape than he was. As we recovered on a bench outside, I asked "Why do we do this to ourselves?" (Meaning love animals that live far shorter lives than us and inevitably cause us terrible grief when they pass)

Without missing a beat, he answered "Because we would be way worse off if we didn't." :unsmith:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

1stGear posted:

About a year ago, my dad's dog had to take that final trip to the vet. I went with my dad to support him, though I ended up being in worse emotional shape than he was. As we recovered on a bench outside, I asked "Why do we do this to ourselves?" (Meaning love animals that live far shorter lives than us and inevitably cause us terrible grief when they pass)

Without missing a beat, he answered "Because we would be way worse off if we didn't." :unsmith:

I lost my cat that I've had since I was a teenager over the holidays and I feel that so hard. Because it's so loving true.

I know it was a year ago but I'm sorry for your guy's loss. These creatures are in our lives for, in the grand scheme of things, such a short time but the impact they leave in immense. Life would be a much sadder place without them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tater Tot is forever free of his bonkers now. :smith:

Little Friends leave the biggest holes in our hearts.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Not grumpy enough, but Lord knows he tried. Sleep tight, tiny Tot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Happy Landfill posted:

Yeah, it's like when Lil Bub passed. I'm glad Tater Tot's short life was filled with so much love, even if he wasn't aware of a good chunk of it because he was a baby and unaware of the internet

Geez, when you put it like that we should all be so blessed. RIP angry little kitten I hope you are pummeling idiots with your casts in kitty heaven

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh yeah the thread title hits pretty hard now.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMLMiBHcao

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ILL Machina posted:

Oh yeah the thread title hits pretty hard now.

Yeah I think we need a new one this one just makes me sad now

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Yeah. This was a pretty rough hashtag to come home to.
All cats go to heaven too.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/trashketchumnyc/status/1686913393209298945

Looks like he may have had too much heart.

Hippocrass has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Aug 3, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
In their hands? That loving sucks!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
GODSPEED TATER TOT (He's free of his bonkers)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/gGR81tC.gifv

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Poor kitty:(

R I P Tater Tot

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
:(

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/cyborgpixie/status/1686907333060984833

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
well that wasn't a happy ending at all.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

We need a thread title memorializing tater tot.

Let's hear some.
Here's mine: RIP Tater Tot (he's bonking things in heaven now)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

TAKE CARE TATER TOT (He's ascended his bonkers)

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

aww that's very sad, it's always tough with really young fosters because so many things can go wrong. Heck with any litter, foster or not, it's easy for things to just... not work out. My dog had a litter of puppies a couple of months ago and we lost one of the puppies on day 3 or 4, and there's not really any way to know exactly what went wrong, sometimes nature just doesn't want to play ball.

incidentally one of the puppies in that litter was also named Tater Tot, I was unaware of the internet sensation kitten at the time. He's doing well and is a little firecracker, though his name is Quincey now.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

We need a thread title memorializing tater tot.

Let's hear some.
Here's mine: RIP Tater Tot (he's bonking things in heaven now)

Bonking has another meaning in the UK, which is not to say I'm against the title.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

skyelevator posted:

Bonking has another meaning in the UK, which is not to say I'm against the title.

Bonk one for Tater Tot.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Poor Tigger Discipline

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

skyelevator posted:

All the better if you ask me!!

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

maybealabia posted:

Poor Tigger Discipline

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Catwheezie is donating all profits from the prints she made of Tater Tot to a cat shelter

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvfajjOAqXC/?img_index=1

She did this custom image of my cat Rokit wearing a hat.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

maybealabia posted:

Poor Tigger Discipline

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Catwheezie is donating all profits from the prints she made of Tater Tot to a cat shelter

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvfajjOAqXC/?img_index=1

She did this custom image of my cat Rokit wearing a hat.

Rokit's some some real poo poo

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Skorl:

https://i.imgur.com/juqQMd0.mp4

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

TontoCorazon posted:

Rokit's some some real poo poo

you know it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cat gun is fun but I wouldn't hold it by the neck. You're not going to hit anything without using the foregrips

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Reddit but idc

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cat gun is fun but I wouldn't hold it by the neck. You're not going to hit anything without using the foregrips

We got a kitten like 9 months ago and I got her used to doing cat-gun. She likes the "CHK-CHIK" but doesn't care for the "BRAPBRAPBRAPBRAPBRAP"

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Milo and POTUS posted:

Reddit but idc

😭😭😭 I’m gonna have to duck out of this thread for a page or two. It’s too much.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I didn't even know anything about that cat and that one was too much for me too

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/g78CNQl.mp4

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Reddit but idc

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Oh god I can’t escape the sad tater is now all over the Twitter timeline.