Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dial A For Awesome posted:

The Bitcoin rapper and her husband have both pled guilty to money laundering charges.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66390639

In a twist on the traditional mycrimes.txt, it seems like they created mycrimes.xls instead. “Police successfully decrypted a spreadsheet meticulously detailing the couple's intricate methods for laundering the stash, allowing them to recover nearly the full amount.”

Sad to see the good name of rap tarnished by criminal activity like this.
drat they actually stopped Razzlekhan

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
First she sucked at rapping and she expanded to sucking at crime.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Scratch Monkey posted:

She prefers the term "surrealist" to "sucks"

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Scratch Monkey posted:

like a vacuum cleaner

drk
Jan 16, 2005
lol the beeb posted the burner phone in a hollowed out book pic

those pesky feds always snooping around for bad movie plot devices foiled another master criminal

edit: replaced with better pic

drk fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 3, 2023

drk
Jan 16, 2005
and the rare mycrimes.zip(lock)

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Please don't take my crime ziplock bag, I need that to do my crimes.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I can’t get over writing “burner phone” on the bag

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
So a new thing happened in BBBY-land. Some "ape" wrote something up and got it added to the court's docket. It basically re-iterates all of their wild theories and said that shorts should be forced to close. The "apes" missed that this came from one of them and think that this came from the company. They are doing victory laps on Reddit and Twitter, not realizing that its a big nothingburger.

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1687207702500626435

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh, I was unclear, I meant less in the sense of "this should still make it a security" and more in the sense of "whatever Satoshi's intent, Bitcoin still loving sucks." It felt like it was excusing away Bitcoin as an innocent experiment(when Satoshi was absolutely also one of the Libertarian fringe brigade) that had somehow gotten perverted.

Bitcoin always comes down to the perverted…

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

I can’t get over writing “burner phone” on the bag

it's called men's rea

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Elias_Maluco posted:

This is good for hip hop

Biggie Scams

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

drk posted:

it's called men's rea

Just for the fellas

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Fifty Satoshi

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

a federal judge overseeing the sec fraud case against the terra luna folks denied a motion to dismiss

this is notable because the judge split with the recent bizarre ripple decision which found that selling crypto to institutional investors is a security offering, but selling it to retail investors is somehow not a securities offering and is thus exempt from regulatory protections.

it's still early in the trial, but i'm glad to see some pushback against the ripple decision nonsense

the ripple decision won’t last three minutes at the 2d Cir. I don’t know what Torres was thinking.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the ripple decision won’t last three minutes at the 2d Cir. I don’t know what Torres was thinking.

Something about warp particles probably.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Run BNC

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wutang: 7 transactions

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dont know what SAFU is.

*looks it up*

oh its the dumb internet thing of purposely doing a typo or wrong spelling. there's also a backronym. also i hope those book safes were bad and common books and not something not bad and common that they ruined.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Rug BTC

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

drk posted:

and the rare mycrimes.zip(lock)

why is there a chromecast

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
How’s the guy that did thE bitconnect song doing

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Celexi posted:

chrimecast

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Celexi posted:

plan B was to charge them with using their parents netflix account

(the actual reason is the feds seized every electronic device they could find, including this crimecast)

e: drat

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

ryde posted:

So a new thing happened in BBBY-land. Some "ape" wrote something up and got it added to the court's docket. It basically re-iterates all of their wild theories and said that shorts should be forced to close. The "apes" missed that this came from one of them and think that this came from the company. They are doing victory laps on Reddit and Twitter, not realizing that its a big nothingburger.

His next video will be great. Hopefully he doesn’t keep working on it until the BBBY saga is over, because it will never be over. There are still people who think Sears is going to make them rich.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Quotey posted:

chrimecast

:golfclap:

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
The people on Reddit are so paranoid that people have to post evidence that they’re not a shill or they get downvoted to oblivion just for stating basic facts.

Reddit posted:

The board didn’t file this. Not a shill at all. Very long GME and BBBY, but the board didn’t file this. It is an official objection by two retail investors.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

The Pirate Captain posted:

The people on Reddit are so paranoid that people have to post evidence that they’re not a shill or they get downvoted to oblivion just for stating basic facts.

Sounds like something a shill would say...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ryde posted:

A comment has it about right that this is basically Sovereign Citizen logic for finance. They aren't willing or able to engage with a system as it is, but invent a mythology of misused terminology and official-sounding gibberish that sounds complicated and thus good to the right mix of arrogant, desperate and stupid.

A lot about crypto also makes sense realising how common the fallacy of 'more complicated=more better' is. There really should be a term for that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot about crypto also makes sense realising how common the fallacy of 'more complicated=more better' is. There really should be a term for that.

Grognardism.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Quotey posted:

chrimecast

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Bitcoin: chrimecast

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

PhazonLink posted:

i dont know what SAFU is.

*looks it up*

oh its the dumb internet thing of purposely doing a typo or wrong spelling. there's also a backronym. also i hope those book safes were bad and common books and not something not bad and common that they ruined.

Stolen
Away
From
U

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shitcoins
Are
hosed
Up

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Slurpjuice
Apes
Fed
Undernourished

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Safu
Afu
Fu
U

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Safu Afu Fu Me?!?!

NO SAFU AFU FU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

I wasn't following the weird BBBY cult thing, but youtube helpfully suggested this video to me. It follows the most prominent Cohen-whisperer, who is clearly unwell and pathologically obsessed with Cohen as a person, but people trust his analysis for some reason (I suspect they are also unwell). It really is QAnon, but with stock trading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrU0DAAylEk

this guy rules

https://i.imgur.com/aHzim0l.mp4

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Have we had people worshipping corporations as gods yet? Cause if not that's probably coming.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we need to somehow shift their worship of the man ryan cohen to some sort of invented concept of a benevolent ai secretly running bed bath and beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Have we had people worshipping corporations as gods yet? Cause if not that's probably coming.

We're well over halfway there. A lot of corporations are effectively cults as it is. See Disney.