Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Zetsubou-san posted:

waiting for matt parker to make a video on unrecognizable numbers
take your mnestics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

I’m on the Awful app and can’t search this thread, but can someone link the train driver post where he describes a crash in painstaking detail please?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Drinkslinger posted:

I’m on the Awful app and can’t search this thread, but can someone link the train driver post where he describes a crash in painstaking detail please?

Click the three dot menu to the right of the thread title and press "Search this thread".

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Drinkslinger posted:

here

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Krinkle posted:

I once ran a d&d module. I asked the ttrpg DM's thread for help and a very kind goon went through the structure, the story beats, tips and tricks. Gave me everything I needed to run 9 months of campaign. The instant we said goodbye his steam name went green and said he was playing melty's quest the jack off game. If you're ever going to buy a jack off game you should probably get it on itch.io even if it never goes on summer sale.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
(mf doom voice) once ran a d&d module, "midgets into crunk"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Vlaphor posted:

You never know when balls will hit balls in baseball.

Paper Tiger posted:

The rare case where four balls means you can't walk

Edit, also:

Crackbone posted:

Magnetoned

Screaming Idiot posted:

Welcome to thigh!

Samovar has a new favorite as of 09:05 on Aug 4, 2023

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now I kinda want to see an ultra ripped inspector gadget, fully beefcaked in yellow bdsm getup and suspenders

E: Tintnt

E2: Weapon brown lol

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

Now I kinda want to see an ultra ripped inspector gadget, fully beefcaked in yellow bdsm getup and suspenders

Inspector Gadget, foreverially beefcaked and loving it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Go Go Gadget Gains!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Absolute king

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Grendels Dad posted:

"Bear" is "Bär" and "bar" is "Bar".

Byzantine posted:

It's all I hear when the Germanics talk.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's also all I find when I go to the bear bar.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Berenstein Bars

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ooh, is it 7?

Strong post/days poster just got probated for vibe here.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
In reference to the Hot New Thing Baldur's Gate 3:

Hashy posted:

Goons will be like "it only took me 6 hours to beat the first boss - character creation" and then the result is a hot topic teen that had their dads permission to get a face tattoo

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
lol I was watching a guy play BG3 last night and it definitely seems like character creation and leveling up are going to eat up a significant amount of time!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Ooh, is it 7?

P sure it's 8 then 8 again.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:filez: GIMMIE FILES, I WANT FILES, JUST FLY OVER HERE AND SHOVE THEM HOT FILES UP MY rear end, I GOTTA HAVE MY FILES AND MY rear end NEEDS THESE FILES SO LET'S HAVE THE FILESZZZ I WANNA STEAL I LIKE COTTON :filez:

CocoaPuffs posted:

What happened to all the bit torrent forums. Do you have to be a platinum member now or something? Bit torrent Barnyard, where are ye?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

EorayMel posted:

:filez: GIMMIE FILES, I WANT FILES, JUST FLY OVER HERE AND SHOVE THEM HOT FILES UP MY rear end, I GOTTA HAVE MY FILES AND MY rear end NEEDS THESE FILES SO LET'S HAVE THE FILESZZZ I WANNA STEAL I LIKE COTTON :filez:

ShadowHawk posted:

We have an SACyclopedia now for those kinds of questions too. And an emoticon for the lost file forums.

Edit: idk which emoticon they meant

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Grassy Knowles posted:

Unless :filez: was new at that point but seems sus

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Grassy Knowles posted:

do people generally pronounce it "essay-clopedia" or "sack-lopedia"?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

CaptainViolence posted:

If you’re speaking that word aloud you’ve made more mistakes in life than me

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

lol i've never said it out loud, but i definitely switch between them when i'm reading it in my head and have no idea what the intended version is

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sack low? Pee, duh!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

CaptainViolence posted:

lol i've never said it out loud, but i definitely switch between them when i'm reading it in my head and have no idea what the intended version is

Basic rear end understanding of outdated linguistics classes from 20 years ago remnants:
Ess-ehhclopedia is probably easier to verbalize for most US-based folks, anywhere in the US that could eloquate sac-lopedia more easily would probably already drop the e from encyclopedia and the two would then have the same pronunciation.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Essay-clo-pee-dee-uh

Edit: And I can tell you in Southern Missouri they're already pronouncing the "cyclopedia" part Sacklopedia.

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Aug 4, 2023

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SAYclopedia is how Gnome Chompsky taught me to say it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

1stGear posted:

In reference to the Hot New Thing Baldur's Gate 3:

People want a million sliders for every conceivable facet of a person's look but the feature I want in character creation is big bold text that says "hey, you can actually modify this stuff during the game as well so no need to perfect the whole thing now".

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

CaptainViolence posted:

SAH-clo-PEE-dee-UH

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Lobok posted:

People want a million sliders for every conceivable facet of a person's look but the feature I want in character creation is big bold text that says "hey, you can actually modify this stuff during the game as well so no need to perfect the whole thing now".

Well, can you?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SAclopedeez nutz

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Well, can you?

In BG3? No clue, don't have the game.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Apparently you can tweak it but not completely redo it. Worth bearing in mind

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Diablo 4 lets you change your tattoos in-game, but not your hair.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Nioh 2 had a menu option to just go right back to the creation screen and change everything about your samurai with no repercussions. It seems like that takes less effort than coding a second version of the creation screen with options blocked off.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What you mean you could change the pixels???

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

If you call it a different name is it the same boat

Mak0rz posted:

The Ship of Thesaurus

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

;) Trolling. Would have been a light probation but we're cracking down on people with lots of probations so I think it's fair to ban a guy with 5 prior probations, don't you? ;)

BeautifulFreak posted:

And here I thought that it was pretty much excepted everywhere that this was one of the shittiest shows ever to grace television.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:ohdear: