Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Tenzen in Final Fantasy XIV gets more respect and he's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Fat and Useless posted:

Tenzen is a good lad who can do no wrong.

Tenzen is doing his best right now! He won't even let me sass Nag'molada! The guy came from the other side of the world with a bird in his sword to help save the world and no one wants to look him in the eye so he just kinda follows our heroine around. I swear in like.... 1... 2... 8... 8 updates you'll get to the top of the Tenzen rollercoaster and then rapidly start to realize there was never any track to begin with:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I will dispute this later.

It's semi reasonable but he does kind of hold onto the idiot ball for a mission or two.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The Tenzen in Final Fantasy XIV gets more respect and he's dead.

Covering this up incase Sanguinia is still reading this and hasn't done the four lords. 14 Tenzen has a much better firebird girlfriend. 11's firebird is severely broken in a dozen ways and she's not even his girlfriend. His actual girlfriend is cooler(is this a pun?). Phoenix herself is extremely important though and that is a dissertation for much much later.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 45: The Abhorrent One

Prishe says hello by pushing my buttons.

Cute.

I figured it out when Ulmia told me her choir story. It's an Eald'narche situation.

Tenzen, the church sucks. It has always sucked. It will always suck.

I let out a sigh.

Now you've done it...

Nope. We have a different field trip to go on.

Tenzen, you gotta learn permission is for chumps. A better person would have reflected upon why the are being threatened with execution. Not me.

See Tenzen? THIS. This is the good stuff.

I drag Tenzen out of there before he thinks about asking first. We are going on an adventure.

Adventure.

Ad-ven-ture!

Heresy!

Upon entering we have a maze that changes based on the day. It isn't too hard to get through at our level. You can see up at the top how the walls open and close.

After the maze is a set of long hallways with rooms off to the sides.

Also undead and demons.

We need a key off both the shades and this large fellow.

And then we go back to the stronghold to do a side quest!

Visaria, San d'Orian adventurer!

I do!

I would!

I swear this has a purpose.

Look this more than I got in San d'Oria when I started. Also I'm a knight or something. Point is now I can do this:

So normally you need another person to press a switch at the same time as you press another to open the door we need to open. This key is for people with no friends or at least for when you can't find a certain catgirl to push a button.

You two went ahead and I had to get the key to get past the buttons...

In the side rooms there are desks. In these desks are maybe a key. It's a random desk each time.

Found it.

Found it?

Next time: We touch a stove

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 6, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
"Oh, Satan? Yeah, we left him in the annex storage room, behind the old vending machine and next to the busted fridge."

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I like how they didn’t even bother to put it in a crate, ark of the covenant style. It’s just sitting around in plain sight with a bunch of shades and demons milling about.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I feel like that might be Prishe's doing, since she came back to seal the place up after everything exploded and all. probably felt sorry for him being in a box. Because, you know, she was effectively kept in a box for a long time.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 46: Promathia

Dusk and Dawn

I'm standing waaay the hell back here. Remember what happens with me and the magicite? I don't need that with a god statue.

Please stop trying to talk to the Goddess, I beg of you.

Ru'Aun is still just floating there. I'm slightly concerned what would happen if it just fell. Anyway that's not my problem right now.

I'm not going to say good job San d'Oria for what you did to Tavnazia and besides they tried the same poo poo... I will say that it was a bullet dodged at least.

Wait what?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guh...

Ugh... Shouting bad...

Sad Prishe is extremely jarring. Me getting slapped with flashbacks is also jarring. Seems like Tenzen didn't get to go on the trip with us. I am trying to inner monologue over the sound of breaking hearts.

Next time: I still don't do what Nag'molada told me to do

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 6, 2023

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

We have some free time coming up so please post with one of these Jobs you'd like to see me fail to explain:

Bard
Beastmaster
Thief
Ranger

Some of these suck to do. Please be gentle.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Beastmaster please!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

beatmaster , dropping some sick beats with some sharp bite sounds good.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Beastmaster!

Bmac32
Nov 25, 2012
Beastmaster! One of the jobs I didn't ever bother with back when I played.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Looks like it's Beastmaster. I'm surprised you all didn't go for Bard since I made it pretty clear I know jack and/or poo poo about it. Thanks for having some mercy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Beastmaster! It should be cool and good. Tons of useful pets, sweet axes, and a ton of specialized pet gear available. I even got it to 99 and geared it up a bit.

Then I tried playing endgame content with it. The range on Ready is... :argh: I ended up playing Puppetmaster instead.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Fat and Useless posted:

Looks like it's Beastmaster. I'm surprised you all didn't go for Bard since I made it pretty clear I know jack and/or poo poo about it. Thanks for having some mercy.

Don't worry, I'm sure there will be other chances to demand you show it off. I just feel like Beastmaster-type characters are often sorely ignored in a lot of games, especially FF's, and I love to know more about them.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 47: To Sing To You Your Song

Fury

*cough*

I know I usually keep my mouth shut during arguments but even I'm about to dumpster grandpa.

Well that cements it for me. If the San d'Orian church is after her she must be a saint.

He's surprisingly useful.

I have dibs on Prishe by the way.

Tenzen, my dear sweet lad. We are not going to the Northlands to assist Nag'molada. I promise Prishe and me are gonna make you cool one day through osmosis.

I'm so glad I don't need to ride airships to get around. Normal ships... I still need to ride on those... Nope! Suppress the trauma! I'm good!

Everyone goes down to the docks. Prishe being abnormally quiet.

I have zoops anyway. I don't need to worry about something dumb happening because Tenzen is too strait-laced to not drag everyone to the fourth crystal and Prishe owes me a life debt or something probably and she's at least reliable at a task she is given.

Tenzen, in order for you to understand this we need to get you a girlfriend bud. Phoenix does not count.

A charismatic leader until the end.

That was easy.

First Ode: Nocturne of the Gods

Cute.

I tug Tenzen to the docks before he ruins the moment.

I rub my hands together... FREE TIME...

Heh heh heh heh heh... I should go check on the old man first.

Sin hunter... Let's see...

Prishe will be fine.

Prishe has Tenzen, Ulmia, and Lou. She is fine.

(I doubt that...)

Maybe now you can start to see Prishe did as well and that is why she is willingly walking away now.

Well. I have time to kill while the crew flies to San d'Oria. Let's check up on the Jeuno chocobo stables and learn a vocation.

Next time: Oh beans, I lost Prishe

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 29, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Louverance: We have a giant airship and can fly straight to San d’Oria.

Visaria: Can I come on board too?

Louverance: …no.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

"A giant airship? At this time of the year? At this latitude? Located entirely behind the Tavnazian cathedral?"

"Yes."

"May I see it?"

"No."

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Beastmaster

Role: Damage with a bit of tanky and debuffing

The original solo Job way back when. Your pet is the star of the show and you just kinda show up to add numbers.

Main Weapons: One Handed Axes

You you can use daggers and scythes too but axes are your special thing.

Your pets all hit different types of damage like blunt and stuff.

Magic:

You: No Pets: Maybe

Notable Abilities:

Familiar: Your first one hour. Increase pet max hp by 10% for their duration. If you have a charmed pet it's duration increases by 30 minutes.

Charm: Control a monster out in the wild. Your level compared to the target, charisma, and any charm improving gear change the duration of the charm. Some enemy types are harder to charm than others and I think charm is light based so that effects things too I guess. If something is immune to charm it gets bound instead.

Reward: Pet food in your ammo slot gives some regen to your pet.

Call Beast: Also in your ammo slot you can have a jug which summons a named monster at a set level if you can't or don't want to use charm.

Bestial Loyalty: Same as Call Beast but a 20 minute cooldown and doesn't use up the jug.

Killer Instinct: Based on your tamed monster's type you get -DT, +atk, and killer for the type of monster it is strong against. Yes. Rock paper scissor pets. Vermin>Plant>Beast>Lizard>Vermin & Bird>Aquan>Amorph(slugs)>Bird.

Unleash: Your other one hour. Gives 3000 pet TP and for 1 minute Sic/Ready/Call Beast have no cooldown. Sic/Ready uses no TP. Job points eventually make your pet's special attacks do more damage while it is active too.

Sic: 1 minute and 30 seconds cooldown, if your charm pet has 1000 TP or more it does a random special attack, if it knows spells(basically worms and hecteyes) and the TP is less than 1000 it uses a random spell instead.

Ready: Sic becomes Ready when using a jug pet. It can be used every 30 seconds and has a number of charges that refill one at a time. Certain moves take more than one charge. With the right gear and merit points you can get the cooldown to 10 seconds per charge.

Snarl: Transfers all enmity generated by you to your jug pet. You and the mobs who have enmity with you need to be within 10 yalms of your pet.

Run Wild: 15 minute cooldown. For 5 minutes your pet gains 25% attack, accuracy, def, evade, and magic attack. It also gets a regen effect. After the 5 minutes your pet despawns.

Notable Abilities/Traits As A Sub Job:

We have the Summoner issue here but to a lesser extent because Beastmaster has some cool traits.

Vermin/Bird/Amorph/Lizard/Aquan/Plant(not as a sub job)/Beast(not as a sub job) Killer:

So to talk about these we need to learn about intimidate. What it does is at a certain % chance whatever you are fighting just doesn't do the action it was going to unless it was a TP move. This also stops spells. The cap is 50% against non NM enemies. Your pet can also effect this so maybe use a bird on a crab. Killer rank one is 8% before gear and such. The highest rank is 2 which is main Job only but is only 2% higher.

Beastmaster gets a bunch of pet boosting traits that reduce the damage they take, increases both you and your pet's accuracy, and gives you and your pet a hefty subtle blow effect which lowers the TP you give the enemy by hitting it. You also get nice bonuses for using just one axe and a shield from Fencer. You aren't forced to have Ninja or Dancer for Dual Wield, shields can be cool too!

Cool Weapon Skills:

Primal Rend: Light elemental damage, scales off Cha/Dex.

Cloudsplitter: Lightning elemental damage, Str/Mind scaling.

Onslaught: Lowers Accuracy, with your Relic weapon it boosts your attack too. Dex scaling.

Ruinator: Four hits based on your Str.

Gale Axe: Wind elemental damage. Applies choke which lowers the target's Vit and ticks down their HP. We are mostly here for the elemental damage.

Axe weapon skills are special in that they cover a ton of types of weapon skill properties like scission and whatnot. Nearly every weapon skill is a different type. All of your weapon skills may see use. You are very good at chaining with your pets or with other people.

Summary:

It's 2003 and you don't want to wait 2 hours to get an XP party as a dps and the party would just disband after 30 minutes anyway. What do you do? Get on your Beastmaster and go solo with your pet. Will you ever be taken to a real party? God no, lol lmao no no no no no. But better than twiddling your thumbs doing nothing before your mom yells at you to go to bed because you didn't choose to be a White Mage.

It's 2023 and you don't want to wait 2 hours for a party because everyone wants a Cor/Red/White/Geo/Bard/Pld and a single dps. What do you do? You use trusts instead, screw those assholes. Your mom doesn't tell you your bed time anymore even though you still live in her basement, you have all night to kill things slowly. What were we talking about again?

Look no one is ever going to ask for a Beastmaster specifically. You are just a dps in a sea of dps. You don't do too many unique things but you can use some pets to debuff things a Geomancer is prevented from unleashing its full fury on. Jug pets are the good stuff since they don't have the randomness of charms. A lot of jug pets can just be bought and all the rest are crafted. The Beastmaster will probably be the big chunk of your dps unlike Pup or Smn but the pet is what lets you do the numbers. Pick the right pet for what you are fighting, support your Geo, and use the right weapon skill.

Here is a jug pet example from one of the wikis:

See Rage there? You can just make the sheep do that. +50% attack for you and your pet. That is extremely huge. With gear(one piece being the relic weapon which is a huge investment) Warrior's Berserk is at best +30% -15%. Yes you can be an absolute unit and have Warrior as a Sub Job for Rage, Warcry(about 6.6% attack to the party as Sub), and Berserk(+25% -25%).

As of right now Visaria has 1951 HP - 1056 Acc - 1133 Attack - 863 Evade - 993 Defense on Dnc/War to compare pet stats to the real thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The curse of having zoops is no one I hang out with can zoop. You can just sign up to be an adventurer to get access to them. It took me like 5 minutes. Boom "here's your moogle good luck".

While I wait for the airship to pull in to San d'Oria let's go hang out with some birds.

Normally I'd gripe about Delkfutt but this is a pretty easy one with zoops, I can also just buy a chest key I need from a moogle.

Anyway I don't mind doing a good deed for a dead bird friend.

My Beastmaster level is only 60 but even at this level Delkfutt can just be strolled through looking for the chest spawn. I grab the bell and head back.

Happy to help. Anything else while I'm here?

Once again with zoops and my current level of Beastmaster I can just walk to the pools quickly.

And once again dead animals seems to be the theme... Well. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Let's go pay some respects.

The first two pools are uneventful.

Also Cassie is up.

I don't get what all the fuss is about.

Last one.

This is new.

Right anyway I beat up the ghost and go back to paying respects.

Okay.

Look man I'm just trying to do a thing for a pal and what is this about revenge?

... I'm going back to Jeuno.

What is it with all these dead animals?

Fine!

Like Delkfutt my level is high enough to just wander through looking for the correct chest spawn and I can also buy the key I need from a moogle. It took me about an hour to find the chest.

Instead of starting on the ground floor I went up stairs first and once upstairs you can't just drop down to the lower levels. Then I read the map incorrectly and went through the entire top floor again trying to get to a place I could have just walked to from the entrance.

Anyway here's the stupid chest:

You can't spot or select this from the top floor.

So as I walked through the castle I found a little ghostly monkey running about. That is my target and this collar needs to be traded to it. In other words I need to go through the entire place again since I am now by the entrance.

Fantastic.

I hightail it before I have to go deal with more ghosts. Surely Dietmund wouldn't make me go handle ghosts.

Well I mean if people are dying I guess...

No one was selling in singles...

Good question.

Okay! So we need to go in the crypts and touch a coffin. It's in the annoying entrance where you need to enter Batallia Downs from Beaucedine Glacier because of a one way cliff. Once inside Eldieme it's straight forward to the thing we need to touch.

Yikes! This wolf and two tigers spawn. Once the trusts get ahold of the wolf I charm one of the tigers.

I am at level for this fight and it is very real. Also the room is small and cluttered.

The tigers go away once the wolf is dead. Both my healers are out of MP, if I did not charm that tiger I would not have won.

Dude. I've just been trying to do a nice thing all day.

Toot.

Heartwarming. Almost makes me forget I'm here because he killed at least one person for no reason.

Well. That's that. Time was killed and good deeds were done and I learned jack and poo poo about being a Beastmaster.

Fluffy.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 1, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

So how long does a Charm generally last? And how durable are pets? Can you just go charm one tough enemy for an entire play session, or do you have to recharm enemies for every fight? And can you only have one charm at once or can you have more waiting in the wings outside of jugs? Because it sounds like jugged monsters are a lot handier.

Also lmao, I love how Broody McBrooderman literally just turned out to be a ghost clown looking for his ghost monkey.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So how long does a Charm generally last?

Base Charm Duration (seconds) = floor(1.25 × CHR + 150 )

The Base Charm Duration is modified by the level difference between the player and their target.

dLevel = Player Level - Monster Level
Pre-Gear Charm Duration = Base Charm Duration × % Change

Every +1 Charm from gear adds 5% Charm duration. This bonus is applied separately from the dLevel bonus/penalty.

Basically it's impossible to pin a number but your one hour boosts it 30 minutes no matter what so if you have a charm you want then you have it for 30 minutes every hour at least.

And how durable are pets?

ilvl 110+ jug pets have 3600-6500 HP, most around 5k. Certain pets have more Def and evade based on the type. You have the pet regen treats and a special usable item called Dawn Mulsum which instantly heals 30-50% of your pet's HP. Dawn Mulsum is crafted and does not stack in your inventory but is not unique so carry as many singles as you want. It is expensive and better used for Pups but that is a talk for later.

Also I forgot to put this in the update and fixed it:

Snarl: Transfers all enmity generated by you to your jug pet. You and the mobs who have enmity with you need to be within 10 yalms of your pet.

Can you just go charm one tough enemy for an entire play session

The bigger the gap between you and your target in level the harder and less time the charm works.

And can you only have one charm at once or can you have more waiting in the wings outside of jugs.

One at a time but there is next to no cooldown on charm.

Honestly just use jugs as those pets can actually be commanded and if they die they can be quickly resummoned. They aren't even that expensive to buy.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 1, 2023

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Beastmaster pets gently caress with the EXP scaling if they're above Even Match to the highest level member in the party, and that is almost entirely why nobody ever invited them to an EXP party. That and a rumour that their pets took a share of the EXP from the rest of the party, which was unfounded and probably based on the former reason being misunderstood.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I'll also add this in:

See Rage there? You can just make the sheep do that. +50% attack for you and your pet. That is extremely huge. With gear(one piece being the relic weapon which is a huge investment) Warrior's Berserk is at best +30% -15%. Yes you can be an absolute unit and have Warrior as a Sub Job for Rage, Warcry(about 6.6% attack to the party as Sub), and Berserk(+25% -25%).

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 1, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Also Cassie is up.

I don't get what all the fuss is about.

lol, I remember walking around Fei'yin and throwing trusts at Cassie, only to get his with all the status ailments by accident and almost dying :v:

Fat and Useless posted:

It's 2003 and you don't want to wait 2 hours to get an XP party as a dps and the party would just disband after 30 minutes anyway. What do you do? Get on your Beastmaster and go solo with your pet. Will you ever be taken to a real party? God no, lol lmao no no no no no. But better than twiddling your thumbs doing nothing before your mom yells at you to go to bed because you didn't choose to be a White Mage.

{Invite to join party}{Samurai}{Do you have it?}

As I said before, I had a bit of fun with BST when I came back to the game, but it's really limited in terms of range and usability when compared to PUP in my opinion. Anything nasty you want your tanky pet to handle, you need to get too close to use Ready moves or pet food, so what's the point? It's still fun for kicking around sorta-hard-but-not-endgame stuff but SE never really found BST its niche in my opinion.

^Like with this Ready move, it's super fun, but you and Fluffy are also paper thin while it's up.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Bregor posted:

^Like with this Ready move, it's super fun, but you and Fluffy are also paper thin while it's up.

That is a healer problem. The one advantage other than buffs I'll give Bst over Pup is that it is much easier to recover from something horrible happening to the pet. Puppets have huge drawbacks when they die while beasts just kinda get brought back by destroying a jug worse case.

Another note: Healers can't target pets so Dawn Mulsum and the treat ability are how you keep it alive. Puppet tanking has a few other ways to deal with this too.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 1, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

That is a healer problem. The one advantage other than buffs I'll give Bst over Pup is that it is much easier to recover from something horrible happening to the pet. Puppets have huge drawbacks when they die while beasts just kinda get brought back by destroying a jug worse case.

Another note: Healers can't target pets so Dawn Mulsum and the treat ability are how you keep it alive. Puppet tanking has a few other ways to deal with this too.

Meh, you just lose maneuvers, and if you need to pop Deus Ex you also gotta use an oil. I zombied my lil' robot in a ton of situations, and I wasn't even that good a PUP.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fat and Useless posted:

Mulsums are great. The only item that worked on SMN avatars, iirc. I always had a bunch on me for that reason.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 48: Catching Up

I zoop over to the cathedral to wait for the gang, I smell of sheep and ghosts.

Huh.

Well anyway they aren't here yet. Let's check with the port to see how long we'll be waiting.

... Yes I'm sure. It looked like an airship! It flew like an airship! It's an airship!

Well then where did they go? Where does one just get an airship? Jueno knows better than to pull this crap on me right now... Cid... I have a Prishenapping on my hands. I had dibs on that Prishe!

[Visaria death stare]

(Feral screeching)

Box... Oh poo poo. I took my eyes off him for a bit.

I like blaming Jeuno for a bunch of stuff but I think this is just Nag'molada being himself.

And that is how I ended up doing what Nag'molada told me to do. It was a good run.

The two responsible adults run after her while I remain with Cid and Louverance.

Ugh... When I started the day today I didn't think I'd be dealing with this but here I am.

Words Unspoken

I don't want to be here... and Lou, if you are gonna hang around never say "Gates of Paradise" around me again.

I regret to inform everyone that Phoenix will not be leading the way.

We walk along a path careful not to drop down any holes in the floor until we reach this stone door...

After beating up the door golem there is an elevator down like when I went to go slap Diabolos.

You know I just remembered what happens when I go near the crystals with the kid. Eh it's usually just localized to me, everyone is probably just going to be ejected from Pso'Xja and I'm gonna have to go round em up again.

Next time: A single cutscene

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Surprise! :doit:

Man, fast travel makes all the difference in this game. It's just a couple of zoops for Visaria, but back in the day if you were in San d'Oria and realized you needed to go to Bastok, you'd either take two airship rides or use Teleport-Dem and ride a chocobo the rest of the way.

Also Nag'molada continues to be the worst.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Or just rent a chocobo from Sandy! I actually got really good at running between Sandy and Bastok solely to earn EXP granting items.

They used to offer you a "free" ride asking you to run the 'bo to a certain destination, with rewards based on how long it took you. At the time I was trying to level NIN for subjob purposes but hated trying to party with it because of how expensive tools could get (and I didn't like tanking on it, this was long before Trusts were a thing), so I ran these delivery routes as often as I could for free EXP.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Almost like Louverance was hoping to leave you behind. :v:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 49: Clouded Dawn

:siren:Fourth Ode: Clouded Dawn:siren:

I can hear it but barely. Seems like only me and Prishe notice it.

Dusk and Dawn

Well... I hope someone gets something out of the mess that is about to happen.

Truly a man who enjoys kicking a hornet's nest.

Prishe is also fond of the kick the hornet's nest game.

I'm begging the church to stop using ancient relics incorrectly.

Which is probably why it keeps Prishe from melting.

I'm immune to whatever bullshit you spout.

Prishe seems lost in thought over there while Nag'molada chews me out for a kid that follows me around.

For the last time I don't work for him! Gah! He does it just to make me mad! And it works!

Sorry this is all happening really fast. I've just kinda been watching Prishe haul rear end...

Did she just dropkick a man?

Er wait don't you need that?

Oh.

As long as she doesn't sing the whole thing it shouldn't end the world. Probably.

Fourth Ode: Clouded Dawn

I honestly have no clue what is going on still. Any answer would be great.

But hey I did as I was told. They can't execute me for doing what they told me to do.

It wasn't my job to stop whatever this is.

Off to the void. Again. At least I'm done with crystals. The last one exploded.

Next time: The void. Again.

Yes, Prishe as a Trust will do the dropkick. I worked hard to make this under 2mb gif, please use it responsibly.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 8, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

My appreciation for Prishe grows with every update.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Prishe can dropkick a fool, but also has top tier bard powers with her songs. An unstoppable force, really.

Selh'teus just seems like a silent protagonist from another game. There's only space for one of those in this LP, and it's Visaria! :v:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
And that's why Prishe is the best of the companions. Sorry, Iroha. You're cool but you don't dropkick people in extremely inappropriate contexts, and that just wins my heart hands down.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

My top 3 are all tied but Prishe is up there. Oddly enough Abyssea is what pushes her there. But that is a story for later.

I like to think Selh'teus has been silently trying to explain everything in great detail. It's just extremely hard to find anyone who can hear him and he doesn't have any paper to write on.

Anyway coming up we have the mission that I took a 3 month break for because I didn't want to do it. Please look forward to it. Oh gently caress me I don't have the screenshots sorted past the next 9 updates ugh I'm gonna die. For anyone keeping track at home I have 600 Chains screenshots, 550 Rhapsodies screenshots, and 340 Treasures screenshots to sort(and edit much later).

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 8, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Please look forward to it.

:doit:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Fat and Useless posted:

I like to think Selh'teus has been silently trying to explain everything in great detail. It's just extremely hard to find anyone who can hear him and he doesn't have any paper to write on.

Everyone standing around in the foreground trying to figure out what's going on while Selh'teus is running around in the background, trying to get their attention, voice muted like its coming through thick glass, attempting to communicate through charades, but no one's looking his way.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Emptiness turns off Zilart telepathy, but even more of it just turns off your voice, too.

Also I think I missed the implication is that he's so full of the stuff that the Eye would basically turn him into a rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Okay I did the math and it looks like Chains will be 57 updates(14 of these are three paths), we are on number 20. God. drat. After that I am taking a break even though I have a chunk of Treasures done. So expect some Job updates and some writeups between expansions as I repair myself.

Good thing the expansions don't get longer or anything, right? What do you mean the Job quests are all going to start looking like Summoner's multi-part mess that isn't even done yet? Stupid idea for a Let's Play. Just plain dumb. Anyway I need to push to a new page so once again I'll ask what you all want for the next Job update even though it won't be for a while.

What we have left:

Monk(You'll probably get Dynamis after this)
Warrior
Samurai
Ninja
Bard
Black Mage
Ranger
Thief