Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The thing about those cartoons "predicting the future" is that only the ones that were correct get remembered, and they're satirizing trends from their own day anyway. Lest we all forget we were supposed to all have our own private airplanes in a sky patrolled by bat-winged cops:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Some commissioned bullshit I assume. No idea who these people are.

Jesus christ.

I tried to select some choice examples, but it wound up being half the program.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 4, 2023

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The lunch magician sounds fun.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

"Don't let pediatricians near your children" :wow:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

“Iron &Copper : The Greatest Dietary Lie of Our Time” got an eyebrow raise.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Tenpenny is a well known antivaxxer.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Everyone Gets a Censure!

Quote same as in comic.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Danziger

My dissertation for my research master's degree covered the 1968 Nixon campaign. When working on a history dissertation like that, you have to include a historiography - basically, discuss how past historians covered the subject of your research. Unfortunately 'rehabilitating Nixon' has been a trend that has been going on since the mid-nineties, basically since his death. Not just conservative, but neoliberal historians have written numerous books to the tune of 'Well, maybe Nixon did some crimes, but you have to admit, he got things done.'

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dick was a loving maniac and anything good he accomplished was alike to a single pellet from a shotgun blast missing the innocent children and killing a bad guy completely by accident. the rest of the pellets hit the children.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Discendo Vox posted:

Jesus christ.

:lol: I wonder how much of the Venn diagram of this group crosses over with the Flat Earth Society and moon landing deniers. I suspect it is significant.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

A big wave by Shi Yu

China threat or China being threatened? by Cai Meng

Drowning by Luo Jie

Charlie Hebdo

:nws:Erect penis
-
The beginningsof the internet
"How did we manage before?"
It's an article on the origins of the internet and how web 2.0 has sort of died out due to influence of mega-companies.

Darmanin meets with the police unions
"It went well."
That's the minister of the Interior, technically the head of French police who hasn't been fully behind them after the recent spate of abuses. Guy is terrible though and deserves no credit.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That swiss army knife is confusing, is the cartoonist saying the threat of chinese political power is a handy tool for most every problem?

I gotta hand it to Charlie Hebdo, that is exactly how internet was formed

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Andy Marlette

Bob Gorrell

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Skios fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 4, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

Is this supposed to be a commentary on the fact that the border patrol doesn't actually have any restrictions on where they operate? If so it's a good comic but kind of a weird timing since I don't think there's been something big with that recently on a federal level (aside from the insanity in Texas).

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

predicto posted:

Tenpenny is a well known antivaxxer.

Tenpenny droppin' dimes.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Seems like a Varvel is missing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CuddleCryptid posted:

Is this supposed to be a commentary on the fact that the border patrol doesn't actually have any restrictions on where they operate? If so it's a good comic but kind of a weird timing since I don't think there's been something big with that recently on a federal level (aside from the insanity in Texas).

I'm assuming it's "the illegals have invaded the whole country"

bartok
May 10, 2006

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

yep that's right Branco the CIA is going to assassinate Trump just like they did JFK

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
JFK was a CIA plant :tinfoil:

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
Also that painting was commissioned after jfk died. “We need one where he looks sad about being killed by us.”

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Holy god drat motherfucking poo poo.

Kellies Nomination: Worst overall.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

Wow. I mean, just...wow.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

Bob Gorrell

huh. nice commentary bob. it is terrible that the country is no longer united. if only you had some sort of platform through which you could send united messaging to the public.
nope, too bad. best you get busy cutting and pasting another "the democrats are literal baby eating communist nazis" comic
as loving bad as loving "prickly we're-looking-for-the-real-killer city"

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

there's no functional difference unless stevel kelley thinks the statue is supposed to represent how justice uses echo location like a bat
or that justice has ugly eyes?

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: Everyone Gets a Censure!

Quote same as in comic.

both sides you guys. geez. demorats censure for every nazi rhetoric and actual crimes while republicans censure for every clear twitter joke
both. sides.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 4, 2023

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wait I thought when the republicans threatened a default and caused the US credit score to get downgraded, this was a good thing? What changed, Lisa?

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Oh wow. Woooow.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Stiglich, you actual ghoul, you utter waste of genetic material.

Kellies Nomination: Worst overall

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

I hope Stiglich gets in a horrible accident and can never use his hands again as a result.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the latest indictment of Donald Trump – Donald Trump is expected to plead not guilty to charges that he conspired to defraud the United States among other crimes in his quest to subvert the results of the 2020 presidential election"

Telegraph:

Interest rates could remain above 5pc until 2026, Bank warns

Matt:

End of an era as Volvo axes its estate cars

Independent:

Times:

The PM break — Rishi Sunak does Disneyland; Six months on Rishi Sunak may be set to fail on his five pledges

Evening Standard:

Donald Trump’s motorcade blocked by goats on return to New Jersey golf club

Stephen Collins:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I hope Stiglich gets in a horrible accident and can never use his hands again as a result.

He would keep making cartoons by dragging his butthole on paper and we'd be none the wiser.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
How long has Stiglich been around, anyway? I don't have much memory of him before a year or two ago, and while I'm not claiming to be this thread's most-consistent participant, his comics are so loving heinous on a regular basis that I'd think he'd be more infamous in my mind if he's been at it for a long time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Important note: They're only axing them for the British market, because Brits are buying suburban assault vehicles now. Latte-swilling liberals and hairy-legged progressives in :911: (me, for instance) will still be able to buy them.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 4, 2023

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017
What's sad is I'm like 90% sure I've seen a cartoon with the exact same premise as that Stiglich before, I just don't remember who it was by.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

londonarbuckle posted:

What's sad is I'm like 90% sure I've seen a cartoon with the exact same premise as that Stiglich before, I just don't remember who it was by.

Probably Mike Lester. It's kind of his thing.

e: Or the McCoys. I mostly lurk in these threads, and I've developed a lot of callouses on my soul and conscience as a result, but that abomination from Stiglich is something else.

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 4, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Discendo Vox posted:

Jesus christ.

I like that they refused to rent more than one conference room. Surely everyone at the conference wants to hear all of this garbage.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Debate & Discussion › Political Cartoons 2023: Shut up, Brian

londonarbuckle posted:

"for some reason" there were a lot of "obama beats up or has sex with liberty or justice" comics back when he was president. i put "for some reason" in quotes because that reason is racism

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 4, 2023

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

How long has Stiglich been around, anyway? I don't have much memory of him before a year or two ago, and while I'm not claiming to be this thread's most-consistent participant, his comics are so loving heinous on a regular basis that I'd think he'd be more infamous in my mind if he's been at it for a long time.

He's been around long enough to put out that infamous "heinous 'black power' thugs vs. poor innocent persecuted 'white pride' nazis" piece.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

ZZT the Fifth posted:

He's been around long enough to put out that infamous "heinous 'black power' thugs vs. poor innocent persecuted 'white pride' nazis" piece.
This rings a bell but I can't picture it.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Vib Rib posted:

This rings a bell but I can't picture it.

This one, from 2018.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Brb going to chuck a brick at stiglichs head

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Stiglich's "style" is similar enough to Varvel that he just blended into the Conservative Shithead Mileu for a long time. But he went full mask-off in 2020 when the right-wing media response to protests allowed him to openly call for the murder of Black people "looters." And he's been big on using the crime panic ever since, with things like bail reform allowing him to go wild portraying "criminals" and anyone "enabling" them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
god drat just look at that hapless skinhead! he's so scared and confused as to why you're yelling at him :( :(