Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

5e is very bland especially when translated to a PC game which is sort of lame but I'm still enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

This seems like a Detective Pikachu 2 tease.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Another year another bad Pokémon game.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
When I was a kid I fantasized about a fully 3D Pokemon adventure that lived up to the potential of the Nintendo 64, and now that dream is finally here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gurdurr's Gate

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

35 minutes long? After half a dozen updates to mobile games and trailers for the dlc and detective Pikachu 2, we might actually see a game get announced this time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

xedo posted:

35 minutes long? After half a dozen updates to mobile games and trailers for the dlc and detective Pikachu 2, we might actually see a game get announced this time.

Seems a bit too early to go straight to Gen 10 but maybe we’ll get a Black/White remake or a Legends Arceus sequel

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imma say it and be An Old.

Open world Pokemon is bad.

Arceus, Scarlet, and Violet shoulda tried to be more like Sword and Shield.

In a world of Top Down Zelda vs Open World Zelda, Pokemon hosed up their move to Open World.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Scarlet and Violet are the best Pokemon games since the series went 3D. Shame about Acreus though

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Volte posted:

When I was a kid I fantasized about a fully 3D Pokemon adventure that lived up to the potential of the Nintendo 64, and now that dream is finally here

Same except I’m not sure if I don’t like the new ones very much because I changed, or because I was hoping for something else.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

Scarlet and Violet are the best Pokemon games since the series went 3D. Shame about Acreus though

Yeah, I was never able to really get into Arceus that much (probably because I like the battling aspect of Pokemon more than the catching aspect) but l liked SV a lot (especially the characters)

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It feels very un-d&d to me, very un-larian too. I’m actually quite weirded out by it

D:OS2 had several lengthy fully-narrated sex scenes before act 3, so it's less that larian suddenly became horny and more that tech and norms have changed enough so that customized genitals and a frank acknowledgement of sex and sexuality are more a novelty than they are some boundary-breaking inclusion

i think baldur's gate is a good signpost for how much the general culture surrounding D&D in general has changed in the intervening decades. "body type" and pronoun selection would've made people apoplectic back in 2000, but it's just the expected norm nowadays, to the point that even a game in a genre as far removed as SF6 does it

Ibram Gaunt posted:

5e is very bland especially when translated to a PC game which is sort of lame but I'm still enjoying it.

PoE2 is undeniably the superior CRPG combat system, even with its slapped together turn based mode, but larian's encounter design does a ton of heavy lifting to make it workable

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
this is cute. Guessing that The Plucky Squire is one of the games getting delayed (too bad since it's my most anticipated of Devolver's upcoming projects, but c'est la vie)

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1687477843956027392

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

Seems a bit too early to go straight to Gen 10 but maybe we’ll get a Black/White remake or a Legends Arceus sequel

Yeah gen 8 to 9 was three years, gen 10 is probably like 2025, and anyway they wouldn't push it with gen 9 dlc still coming.

I'm hoping for let's go gen 2, Legends: Keldeo, or even just gb and GBA games on nso.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

this is cute. Guessing that The Plucky Squire is one of the games getting delayed (too bad since it's my most anticipated of Devolver's upcoming projects, but c'est la vie)

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1687477843956027392
I’m guessing Gunbrella

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I hope they put some actual money into a BW remake, I don't want another "faithful" (read: cheap and quick) remake like BDSP

Like, I like the idea of outsourcing the remakes to take the load off GF, but then like...you gotta let them actually remake it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
BW should just be rereleased as is. the game has a great style that could be ruined with a remake

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The limited 3D is so charming

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I hope they put some actual money into a BW remake, I don't want another "faithful" (read: cheap and quick) remake like BDSP

Like, I like the idea of outsourcing the remakes to take the load off GF, but then like...you gotta let them actually remake it

I’d be curious to see how they’d handle the sequel in that regard (I’d say put the new areas/gyms in as DLC and/or postgame material but there’s a timeskip between games with Bianca becoming the new professor and Cheren becoming a gym leader)

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Curious to see how they handle the dream world content. Uploading a mon to play flash games was a major way of getting hidden abilities and I think the only way to get berries. They're going to have to take liberties with the game to account for that (I hope).

And would absolutely buy a dlc of b2w2.

Edit: maybe you could find a few berries but the dream world is where you farmed them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

There’s also the issue of Cold Storage becoming PWT in the second game but I suppose they could just leave that area out

In any case, I hope they put more effort into the inevitable Gen 5 remake than they did with Diamond/Pearl

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 4, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

using abbreviations I don't know is not allowed

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

using abbreviations I don't know is not allowed

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%E9mon_World_Tournament

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"gen" is short for "generation"!

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
bast 2 wurious 2

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

For someone who hasn't played any version Diamond/Pearl, is the remake as good as the original, aside from the graphics?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

galenanorth posted:

For someone who hasn't played any version Diamond/Pearl, is the remake as good as the original, aside from the graphics?

I’d say it’s better in some aspects (battle animations such as the HP bar decreasing/increasing were really slow in the DS original)

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Do people generally prefer Pokemon B&W to D&P and X&Y? Those latter two were the last gens I played and I didn't really like either.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gen V was the last Gen with effort put into them.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
B&W is one of my favorites, really liked no old Pokémon until you beat the main plot though a lot of people hated that

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Maybe it would be more accurate to say it was the last one where the execution lived up to the ideas, but yeah

D&P were easily the worst of GenIV too, so maybe that's worth another look

also,

quote:

In addition to this, Masuda also went on to reveal as to why the games use 2D sprites. "One of the reasons for sticking with the 2D Pokemon images is, with the 2D, it really depends on who draws it,” he said. “There's a lot of personality that's drawn from the 2D images, whereas with 3D, it's the same model used for everything, so the personality doesn't really come out. One of the reasons we've stuck with 2D is to get a more individual feel with it."

Pokémon Black and Pokémon White are set to release in North America this coming Sunday, March 6.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25538/pokemon-director-explains-why-pokemon-black-and-white-are-on-the-nintendo-ds

I have to wonder where and why they decided to abandon their own stated principles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

B&W is one of my favorites, really liked no old Pokémon until you beat the main plot though a lot of people hated that

I like it when there are old pokemon tossed in with the new ones. So, die

jk, don't die

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hatty posted:

I liked it, but then I really like B&W2 where they sprinkled a few here and there

Man, I might go back and replay B&W2

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

oh yeah and there's some people who are passionate enough about the 3D games with actually good animations to port them forward into the new games

https://twitter.com/TheYisusOne/status/1685289099756744704

https://twitter.com/TheYisusOne/status/1686738651097468928

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Masuda has a history of talking complete bullshit about how things that are obviously down to time/technical limitations are actually principled artistic decisions? Colour me shocked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty5lUK-EM-A

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vermain posted:

godspeed, gamer; is it SF6 or tekken?

Both. I and done with sf6 already (went 1-2 both matches, which is better than I expected!) and I have tekken later

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Scarvio was epic.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I liked Sumo well enough :shobon:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65pa1ai444A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Sumo was my favourite gen till Scarvio.