Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Every so often my friend group goes camping and I abandon all pretense of humanity wrt my diet. This would have been brought along for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I've had the orange crush cake and it was mid.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I thought the orange crush cake was pretty good. Though, to be fair, my birthday cake is always orange jello poke cake with vanilla frosting. :allears:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

For me a great BD is carrot cake in the morning and a big ole slab of corn beef for dinner (followed by chunks of the carrot cake from the freezer later on)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.vxtiktok.com/@peachmangojuice777/video/7164934018348240170
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7164934018348240170

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

How the gently caress does she have any fingers left

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Butterfly Valley posted:

How the gently caress does she have any fingers left

Well, that knife seems to be extremely dull. Unsurprising, considering she uses a ceramic plate as a cutting board.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I thought the orange crush cake was pretty good. Though, to be fair, my birthday cake is always orange jello poke cake with vanilla frosting. :allears:

i have never heard of poke cake but now i might try

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Poke cake was posted a few pages ago???

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Catpain Slack posted:

Well, that knife seems to be extremely dull. Unsurprising, considering she uses a ceramic plate as a cutting board.

God drat the "cutting on a plate" people need to be isolated someplace where nobody can witness them cut

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

We should supply them with those dumb polymer lumps they sell as lettuce knives.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Catpain Slack posted:

Counterintuitively, dull knives are far more likely to harm you. Applying excess pressure, the knife slips and you've got human salami. A razor sharp blade just cuts what you want it to cut.

That video legitimately made me anxious.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
jesus christ

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

a bunch of goons in their 40s show up to her dorm room with a set of knife stones and a printer.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

So about those French's Mustard Skittles...

They were holding an event for them a subway ride away so I'd decided to go so I could submit myself to some awful candy. Who knows, maybe it'd turn out like the Hot Mustard Doritos and be sort of good?

They had a cornhole setup at the event, good cornholing would win you prizes. I won a mustard skittles fanny pack, plus the little swag bag with a few stickers and a bag of the skittles that everyone got.

They are not good. Not instant vomit, not even unpalatable, just simply bad candy. Imagine a low-key lemon skittle that has a vinegary, faintly mustardy undercurrent and aftertaste. I see maybe what they were going for with 'mixing two tangy things' but they fight rather than work together and it's just not a pleasant result.

Thanks for coming to my bad candy TED talk.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

a bunch of goons in their 40s show up to her dorm room with a set of knife stones and a printer.

I know this is a low effort attempt at humour, but I bought my mother a set of proper kitchen knives on a whim because it made my teeth itch watching her hack away at onions with a dull steak knife.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hopefully you're okay with sharpening them for her for life.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ayndin posted:

thank you for your service, this is a mitzvah

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ayndin posted:

mustard candy is yuck

thank you for your service

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Charles Leclerc posted:

I know this is a low effort attempt at humour, but I bought my mother a set of proper kitchen knives on a whim because it made my teeth itch watching her hack away at onions with a dull steak knife.

I started taking it seriously when I almost chopped a finger entirely off because of a dull knife slipping.

By popular demand posted:

In this case I'd just get them one of those $150 machines. "Just drag it through each section ten times a side, mom." It'll wear out the knives faster than simply getting a good edge and re-honing before each use but she's not using top poo poo knives either so who cares plus you ain't gotta do poo poo, man.

Dang It Bhabhi! has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Aug 5, 2023

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

aka "Jello Surprise Cake"

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ayndin posted:

They had a cornhole setup at the event, good cornholing would win you prizes. I won a mustard skittles fanny pack, plus the little swag bag with a few stickers and a bag of the skittles that everyone got.

If you take a better picture of that sticker, I'll give it to you as a gang tag.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Thank you for your valiant cornholing efforts :patriot:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That fanny pack rules

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Thank you for your valiant cornholing efforts :patriot:

This is why you always corn whole, never loose corn

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

If you take a better picture of that sticker, I'll give it to you as a gang tag.

I took better(?, I am poo poo with a camera) pictures of the three stickers in case anyone else wants to mess around with them.

I assume you meant the 'Now that's tangy candy!' one so I also scaled it down some.

My sisters are going to try the bad candy soon, I expect they'll be even less kind than I was!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ayndin posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

By popular demand posted:

That's exactly what has ended up happening lol. I love her and she was a good parent, so I don't mind having a reason to visit.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I started taking it seriously when I almost chopped a finger entirely off because of a dull knife slipping.

Lemme bring you a waste toner bottle.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
have at you thou knave

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bro I live in full-body chainmail 24/7. It's a lifestyle.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

uber_stoat posted:

have at you thou knave

Nails are nature's chainmail. Who the gently caress is cutting vegetables in their palms??

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
mandolin peeps, basically

if you're doing one onion just dont be a coward. if you're doing 100 lbs of onions... time for some ppe

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

do 100 lbs of onions with a weed hwacker on a tarp

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Charles Leclerc posted:

A group of friends and I go to a beach house a few times a year that has a relatively well equipped kitchen except for a chef's knife. Somehow, the person who owns the beach house (family member of a friend) found a serrated chef's knife. I generally take responsibility for making one meal for the group each time we go - and I bring my own knife now.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shooting Blanks posted:

A group of friends and I go to a beach house a few times a year that has a relatively well equipped kitchen except for a chef's knife. Somehow, the person who owns the beach house (family member of a friend) found a serrated chef's knife. I generally take responsibility for making one meal for the group each time we go - and I bring my own knife now.

:stonk:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Get one of the adjustable standing mandolins so you can mandolin without getting near the blade.

https://www.amazon.com/ONCE-ALL-Multifunctional-Appliance-Vegetables/dp/B07PSGP69B/

Schubalts has a new favorite as of 22:15 on Aug 5, 2023

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Ayndin posted:

Mustard skittles fanny pack is some absolute king poo poo (also intriguing username and/or thread title).

Also, all of those stickers own. 10/10 trip report.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Shooting Blanks posted:

Lmao, do they mean a bread knife by "serrated chef knife"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Going to the kitchen to cut some veggies like:

The staff is for the stuff that has been sitting in the back of the fridge for several months