Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
This guy reviews a bunch of the Kemco games on Xbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YXHJGgrrZo

You know these games are quality when they get all excited to see what direction the map scrolls in the opening scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Kemco put out some pretty decent NES and Gameboy games back in the day, particularly their ports of western computer games like Deja Vu, Uninvited, Rescue: The Embassy Mission and Spy vs. Spy. Pity about their current iteration as a smartphone shovelware RPG factory, but I doubt anyone from the 8-bit days is still in the same area code, let alone still involved.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Original_Z posted:

This guy reviews a bunch of the Kemco games on Xbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YXHJGgrrZo

You know these games are quality when they get all excited to see what direction the map scrolls in the opening scene.

Aligning with this tier list so far.

Only got 46(?) more of these to go.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

External Organs posted:

Wandering Village, a review:

Cool chill vibes
Lots of buttons and menus

Much better review than the ones that start with 3 paragraphs of the writer's life story.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
If they released quake 3 arena on gamepass I’d be happy to give it a go. Though I did buy it on Dreamcast, and it was not fun on a controller. The fast movement, bunnyhopping & rocket jumping didn’t feel manageable to me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I have the 360 version of Quake 3 and it's rough to play with a controller. Now if they did like Quake remaster and allow to plug a keyboard and mouse...

I played Atomic Heart on my Series S with M+KB and was really nice. Metro Redux (need to test Exodua) works with M+KB nicely too.

Quake 3 on game pass (and crossplay with other consoles) with fully customizable controls may get a decent playerbase. As a long time PC user I'd leave that out of the crossplay for obvious reasons though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Quake 3 Arena is on game pass PC and has been for years.

There is no wide audience for this product.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Original_Z posted:

Which is your favorite title in the well-respected Asdivine series of games?

Asdivine Cross
Asdivine Dios
Asdivine Hearts
Asdivine Hearts II
Asdivine Kamura
Asdivine Menace
Asdivine Saga

At least they have the nonsensical JRPG naming down.

I like the 6th one here because it describes me pretty well: rear end divine. Menace.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Barudak posted:

Quake 3 Arena is on game pass PC and has been for years.

There is no wide audience for this product.

One of my favourite games of all time, but no one would play it on Xbox. Too many new fangled competitors in the multiplayer shooter space, kids these days wouldn’t give it the respect it deserves. There’s no emote button, or fancy paid for cosmetics for a start.

Dear diary: Day 37 with no new dashboard. Is it even real, or is this some sick joke with everyone having a laugh at my expense? Only time will tell.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Quake Champions looks fun and I'd play it if it was on console with cross-platform play between consoles only for obvious reasons because it seems to have a very dedicated but small scene with official competitive tourneys that seem popular on streaming sites but those people have been playing since the 90s and are so absurdly skilled it's utterly ridiculous.

Was skeptical of Quake Champions at first with the whole hero shooter angle it adopted but it looks like a genuinely fun and well-made game with really good balance, but the devs just want to keep it PC-only so sucks for those of us that are more casual and would rather just play on the couch with people that don't have 25 years experience and map knowledge. They did originally say there was no console version because they couldn't get it running at 120fps on XB1 & PS4 but I think current gen consoles should be able to handle that but it's probably too late and they're just sticking to the PC scene they've built. It does look really fun though.

That new Unreal Tournament game that Epic was making years ago was also really good but they shut the whole thing down to focus on Fortnite and now they're just a toxic stain on PC gaming which sucks. Sucked having to install and use that wonky and busted Epic launcher in the early days just to play the UT beta but they really nailed it before canceling the whole thing, it played so well and was fun as heck. Really good showcase for Unreal Engine too but I think The Coalition has taken over that role now with Gears of War and that crazy impressive Matrix thing they made a while back.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

gently caress Tim Sweeney

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just open the epic game launcher once in a while to get a free game I’ll never play. Although last week was Homeworld Remastered so I might give that a whirl

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Guillermus posted:

gently caress Tim Sweeney

Finally something all gamers can agree on

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Panzer Dragoon Orta is so good. I think it's sad that those kind of games are largely extinct. But I'm glad they could go out on a high note.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

The Kins posted:

Kemco put out some pretty decent NES and Gameboy games back in the day, particularly their ports of western computer games like Deja Vu, Uninvited, Rescue: The Embassy Mission and Spy vs. Spy. Pity about their current iteration as a smartphone shovelware RPG factory, but I doubt anyone from the 8-bit days is still in the same area code, let alone still involved.

drat yeah, those were good rear end NES games. I probably rented Rescue: The Embassy Mission like twenty god drat times when I was a kid. I never got any good at it though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Gave Atomic Heart a try and man is that game aggressively mediocre, been hitting a surprising amount of duds the last couple of days here on Game Pass

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

drrockso20 posted:

Gave Atomic Heart a try and man is that game aggressively mediocre, been hitting a surprising amount of duds the last couple of days here on Game Pass

I was excited for this game, and I thought the intro and entire setup was fantastic. Some beautiful set pieces as well.

But I found the actual game pretty boring. Maybe if it came out 10 years ago, but it just felt like another generic shooter. Too bad!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

I was excited for this game, and I thought the intro and entire setup was fantastic. Some beautiful set pieces as well.

But I found the actual game pretty boring. Maybe if it came out 10 years ago, but it just felt like another generic shooter. Too bad!

I had fun with it and liked the weapons and powers but the ending(s) (no spoilers needed) are absolute garbage. At least the shotgun feels great and shooting robots with it never got old for me. If you don't like Bioshock games then the game is not for you. The writing is terrible.. CRISPY CRITTERS!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Decided to give Gears 5 a try since its been a while since I last got to do some good Horde gameplay and I used to play so much of that mode back in the 2 & 3 days, hopefully it'll be similarly good

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Venba is lovely

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Venba is lovely

Yes it is. But it's making me sad.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I really wanted to like BioShock and Prey, but they turned it to be similar games that I didn't enjoy.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

:siren::siren::siren:Killer Instinct is back:siren::siren::siren:

During the KI tourney at EVO James Goddard took the stage to announce a free 10th anniversary update to Killer Instinct (balance update, improved matchmaking, 4K support for Series X|S) with Iron Galaxy returning to work on this and taking a moment to thank everyone there for 10 years of the new KI and "More KI for the next 10 years".

:aaa::boom::bravo::cheers::cool::dance::fap::gizz::grin::holy::hfive::keke::love::neckbeard::munch::mmmhmm::monocle::slick::sickos::swoon:

https://twitter.com/IronGalaxy/status/1687641784237592576

:hellyeah:

Fellow S+X havers please pay respects to your Phil shrines and thank your lord and savior Phil for this holy blessing of yet another epic Xbox win.

Also Capcom announced four new costumes for Street Fighter 6 and Juri gets a cute spider onesie :3:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Some are hating on the Juri PJs. I just don’t understand some people

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

:siren::siren::siren:Killer Instinct is back:siren::siren::siren:

During the KI tourney at EVO James Goddard took the stage to announce a free 10th anniversary update to Killer Instinct (balance update, improved matchmaking, 4K support for Series X|S) with Iron Galaxy returning to work on this and taking a moment to thank everyone there for 10 years of the new KI and "More KI for the next 10 years".

:aaa::boom::bravo::cheers::cool::dance::fap::gizz::grin::holy::hfive::keke::love::neckbeard::munch::mmmhmm::monocle::slick::sickos::swoon:

https://twitter.com/IronGalaxy/status/1687641784237592576

:hellyeah:

Fellow S+X havers please pay respects to your Phil shrines and thank your lord and savior Phil for this holy blessing of yet another epic Xbox win.

Are they updating the currently released KI game or making a new one? Because if updating KI Definitive edition that would be just insaneamazing

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Guillermus posted:

Are they updating the currently released KI game or making a new one? Because if updating KI Definitive edition that would be just insaneamazing

It sounds like both. Existing KI is getting a 10th anniversary update and "More KI for the next 10 years" means that either Iron Galaxy is going to work on a new game or this anniversary update is the beginning of another 10 years of support with even more seasons to come which would be just as good as a sequel tbh.

hatty posted:

Some are hating on the Juri PJs. I just don’t understand some people

Foot fetishists are fickle people :shrug:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Confirmed as a free update to the current game. Also confirmed: Rash is getting nerfed into the loving dirt :( :( :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

It sounds like both. Existing KI is getting a 10th anniversary update and "More KI for the next 10 years" means that either Iron Galaxy is going to work on a new game or this anniversary update is the beginning of another 10 years of support with even more seasons to come which would be just as good as a sequel tbh.

The Kins posted:

Confirmed as a free update to the current game. Also confirmed: Rash is getting nerfed into the loving dirt :( :( :(

Weeeeeeee :woop:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Playstation users dragging down the FGC confirmed.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

American McGay posted:

Playstation users dragging down the FGC confirmed.
Ironic as I fight every PlayStation owner I meet irl

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Lol of course playstation users are wifi guys.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grimthwacker posted:

Hey, while we're at it, could we get a remaster of Quake 3 Arena? You know, the one people actually want?

Yes please

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

SUNKOS posted:

Foot fetishists are fickle people :shrug:

They won't be happy with any Juri model that isn't a giant foot.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Guillermus posted:

I had fun with it and liked the weapons and powers but the ending(s) (no spoilers needed) are absolute garbage. At least the shotgun feels great and shooting robots with it never got old for me. If you don't like Bioshock games then the game is not for you. The writing is terrible.. CRISPY CRITTERS!

I liked it but then again Bioshock is literally one of my favorite things.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I just started Redfall yesterday and it's actually pretty good? I ignored it at first because of all the bad press, which I shouldn't have listened to.

It's just like Far Cry but with vampires. Playing it solo now but it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with friends.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

John F Bennett posted:

I just started Redfall yesterday and it's actually pretty good? I ignored it at first because of all the bad press, which I shouldn't have listened to.

It's just like Far Cry but with vampires. Playing it solo now but it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with friends.

at launch it was a technical mess. so theyve either fixed it or you have incredibly low standards.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

John F Bennett posted:

At launch the gameplay was pretty bland/uninspired, which was doubly disappointing that it was Arkane Austin's follow-up to Prey 2017. It was also a disaster of bugs and the base game wasn't fun enough to push through the technical issues.

If they fix the bugs and increase the enemy density/aggression, I could see it being a solid 6/10 co-op game

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

solid poo poo maybe

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Whats everyones favorite bad game mine is Evolve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SUNKOS posted:

Whats everyones favorite bad game mine is Evolve

on topic wrt the redfail discourse but i thoroughly enjoy playing the far cry games

i wanted that vampire game to be playable, and it just absolutely was not