Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
So I’m three days out from my period and I just tested positive for Covid yesterday, for the second time! I got it the first time in September and it shifted my period to the right by exactly six days. I’ll be interested to see if the same thing happens this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

On Sunday night I dreamed I was pregnant and visibly showing, in the dream I looked into our backyard and there were apple and pomegranate trees bearing fruit.

Got real annoyed at how on-the-nose it was and my period came anyways so there :kamina:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

gently caress hormones so hard. I’m tired of breaking out under my jaw and nowhere else, and having a bajillion people asking me what’s going on. It’s always happens the week before my period hits, then takes the rest of my cycle to go away completely, just in time to have a fresh canvas for the next round.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Intimidated to post in this thread, yet also curious.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
It's been a real rough lead up and then my husband told me that the paw imprint for my bunny who passed in December was ready at the vet's office.

I intend to get high as giraffe balls tonight.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dazerbeams posted:

gently caress hormones so hard. I’m tired of breaking out under my jaw and nowhere else, and having a bajillion people asking me what’s going on. It’s always happens the week before my period hits, then takes the rest of my cycle to go away completely, just in time to have a fresh canvas for the next round.

I had a doctor give me spiralactone for that which unfortunately made me violently and horribly poo poo.

But supposedly if it doesnt do that to you, it helps with the hormonal chin acne. You could ask about it?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

silicone thrills posted:

I had a doctor give me spiralactone for that which unfortunately made me violently and horribly poo poo.

But supposedly if it doesnt do that to you, it helps with the hormonal chin acne. You could ask about it?

I took Spiro for a while for hormonal acne and it was fine while I was taking it, but it only really cleared bacne. My face still hasn't cleared. I've had a few things lessen the healing time (hello, retinoid, I'm 30+ and felt it was a good idea to introduce you), but it's stilllllll happening.

And actually the retinoid use is getting put on pause bc I'm trying to get pregnant. If I'm lucky I'll be one of the glowy skin preggo ladies, and not a greaseball.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Pyrtanis posted:

It's been a real rough lead up and then my husband told me that the paw imprint for my bunny who passed in December was ready at the vet's office.

I intend to get high as giraffe balls tonight.

I'm sorry about your bun and hope the high as ballsness helps with the cumulative pain.

My last 2 periods were off by at least a week each, after decades of regularity, and now I'm wondering if I've have a cryptic covid infection. I've never had any symptoms, barring a tiny intermittent cough, but they do say a shitload of people who have had covid never get sick enough to notice. My father, with whom I live, had covid at the age of 79, and his most notable symptom was a little tickly cough for about 4 hours. He tested positive for at least 5 days, but after the cough he had zero symptoms. It's a very weird illness.

That said, I am well old enough to be in perimenopause range, so it's probably just that.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Clear skin and bonus weight loss? What’s not to love? Seriously though, thanks for the suggestion. I will look into this.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Negative Covid tests swear up and down I don't have it, but I have many symptoms and my cycle is clockwork usually and I'm not pregnant (that also tested negative and those tests I have way more faith in than the Covid ones).

I'm several days late for my period. My PMDD is sure to let me know, good lord I'm a mess today.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Update: my second Covid round did NOT push my period back. So now I am both Covid exhausted and period exhausted and I hate everyone and everything. And my whole body hurts! Nice!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Negative Covid tests swear up and down I don't have it, but I have many symptoms and my cycle is clockwork usually and I'm not pregnant (that also tested negative and those tests I have way more faith in than the Covid ones).

I'm several days late for my period. My PMDD is sure to let me know, good lord I'm a mess today.

Good luck! Hope you have positive updates soon.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Covid pushed my period back two weeks, but now it's on time again, so I just... Get two periods this month I guess

:negative:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
i am reminded, every time this happens, of a long-ago fanfic I read where our good bots the Transformers were turned human, and while most of them enjoyed stuff like tasting organic food, every one of them was appalled by the waste part, with good reason. And the ones that had female bodies quickly realized why they sucked. It still makes me laugh when I think of one of them screaming how this was not logical for a species so short-lived to have to do this every single month of their lives, and no wonder so many humans were so antagonist to each other. "A fourth of their adult short-spans of life is spent bleeding nonstop! This is not logical! How do they not bleed to death every month!"

Speaking of, I have been using cloth pads for a while, and they def feel better than the old disposables, but I notice I need to change them a lot more. Am I just having heavier flow than what they can hold compared to the other pads?

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 2, 2023

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Ugh I have been extremely fatigued and also insatiably hungry this go 'round, due to start next week. And my emotions are all over the place. I just want to eat a huge burger meal and take a nap and forget my mortal flesh for a while.

e: idk what it is about hormones or w/e but the week before my period I become horribly self-conscious and anxious and wish to hide forever and cease existing. Why is that.

coronatae fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 3, 2023

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Ugggghh...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I am so done with hormonal birth control. Been on it nearly non-stop since 1999, have had Mirena since 2009. And now I'm worried about being one of those sad sacks who developed autoimmune disorders from BC, because I've had undiagnosable and totally random symptoms since 2016 that just keep getting worse and have completely destroyed my life.

My other big fear is I had an abortion in 2002 when I was temporarily off BC, and something seemed to have gone wrong because I vaguely remember there being a problem in the operating room, and every period between that and getting my first IUD was so heavy it was making me sick. Like, filling a super absorbent tampon in 30 minutes heavy. So I don't want to just go completely au naturel because that would be a disaster too.

So next week I'm going to ask my doctor for a hysterectomy. I'm terrified they'll try to argue, but I'm in my 40s and neither my husband (who I've been with since '99) nor I have ever wanted kids, and we certainly don't now.

I already have dangerously heavy periods so the copper IUD is a no-go, hormones gently caress me up, I just want to yeet this cursed organ into oblivion and never have to worry about it again.

But now that I'm worried about the IUD negatively affecting me, I'm pretty much on the verge of a panic attack whenever I think about it. I'm tempted to call around some walk-in clinics and ask if they'll just take it out before my appointment on Tuesday.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So weird story about the dangerously heavy periods + paragard.

I said gently caress it and did it anyway because all hormones were literally making me want to off myself including the mirena.

My periods got lighter off hormones. I was just expecting to like get super anemic or have to change my cup like 10 times a day but nope. Down to 1 cup empty a day. Could just be an age thing. im 35 now. but im on like year 10 of my paragard and with in 6 months of the switch they chillled out.

In full transparency though - i got on hormonal birth control like a year after starting my first period because the acne, bleeding, and pain were so bad i was missing school every month. And it did help with the acne and the pain to an extent but i was still changing super maxes every few hours.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 5, 2023

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

redshirt posted:

Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

username/post combo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That could possibly happen to me going off hormones. I really won't know until I try. Either way, I want the IUD out ASAP so I can stop freaking out about it, and it will be many months before any surgery if I get it. Which I drat well better. I WILL go full Karen mode about it if I need to.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
You can also look into ablation. Lots less arguing about that for some reason

Flamingofarts
Jul 9, 2022

Woke up yesterday miserable, tired, and depressed. Wanted to crawl into a hole and die all day. Surprise period in the evening.
Now it’s all making so much more sense.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I took a weather-delayed flight from Trondheim to Copenhagen, and a flight from Copenhagen to NYC that had an extremely delayed arrival because JFK is the size of a small town, then after my cab ride home I set all my stuff down and almost literally the instant I went through the bathroom door, my period started. Thank you, uterus, for waiting.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Big props to this guy who is still into me even after I ugly sobbed for basically no reason for like ten minutes.

Hormones kick rear end.

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Last period before the bisalp + IUD removal, and it feels like my urogenital system is trying to get in as many “gently caress yous” as possible. Maybe if I whine at a high enough frequency it’ll cancel out the cramps.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It's here it's here :toot: and I had my cup already in

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Cowslips Warren posted:

Speaking of, I have been using cloth pads for a while, and they def feel better than the old disposables, but I notice I need to change them a lot more. Am I just having heavier flow than what they can hold compared to the other pads?

The reusable ones aren't as absorbent compared to the nice disposable ones. But they are soooooo much more comfy. Visiting my family and I didn't want to deal with washing reusable ones and going back to the disposals was like wearing sandpaper on my labia after a few days.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Hey who’s over 40 and dropping multiple clots the last few days the size of tennis balls? This guy! I bled through everything multiple times. Wednesday I went home and changed even (thank you working near home). I’ve clotted for years but this is unprecedented. At least it’s all pain and exhaustion free! What’s wild is the mornings are “normal,” but right after lunch in the afternoon it’s as if both my uterus and gravity have a hot date and the next six hours my body wants to eject as much as possible as fast as possible. It would be impressive if it weren’t medically concerning and a touch dysphoria-inducing! Thanks perimenopause!

I’m kinda terrified of going under anesthesia but wondering how much further in debt I’m willing to go to have the entire works removed. I’d have done it 20 years ago but wasn’t willing to track down a willing surgeon. Now that I’m firmly old and probably have fibroids or something I’m sure it would be easier to have it done, but of course I’m at a new job with a whole new insurance to navigate :nallears:

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Hey who’s over 40 and dropping multiple clots the last few days the size of tennis balls? This guy! I bled through everything multiple times. Wednesday I went home and changed even (thank you working near home). I’ve clotted for years but this is unprecedented. At least it’s all pain and exhaustion free! What’s wild is the mornings are “normal,” but right after lunch in the afternoon it’s as if both my uterus and gravity have a hot date and the next six hours my body wants to eject as much as possible as fast as possible. It would be impressive if it weren’t medically concerning and a touch dysphoria-inducing! Thanks perimenopause!

I’m kinda terrified of going under anesthesia but wondering how much further in debt I’m willing to go to have the entire works removed. I’d have done it 20 years ago but wasn’t willing to track down a willing surgeon. Now that I’m firmly old and probably have fibroids or something I’m sure it would be easier to have it done, but of course I’m at a new job with a whole new insurance to navigate :nallears:

As someone who did get the full works removed, I do recommend it. Definitely talk with your insurance/OBGYN, because mine were able to say my hysterectomy was medically necessary and not an elective. $35k surgery dropped to $250.

Yes this is the broke-rear end US medical system, so ymmv.

I did have some lovely satisfaction with a doctor who asked when my last menstruation was and I said “I don’t do that anymore, not since January!” :smuggo:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Three days away and my body hurts

Edit: it came early just in time for me to go see my boyfriend. THANKS.

CherryCola fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 12, 2023

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
at this point i want to rage at evolution because what is the loving point of all the horrible hormone bullshit and anxiety and pain every loving month? Uterus wants a baby, uterus doesn't get a baby, uterus wants revenge.

My friend's husband is transgendered, MTF, but probably will never be able to have any surgery. I would totally swap bodies with her as long as I could keep my arms, I don't want to have to get the tattoos redone. Otherwise you can have the rest! Enjoy periods for the next 15 years!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm annoyed as heck that gynecologists have a month long waiting list here, and it's a phone consultation for the first meeting. I'm super tempted to just call random walk-in clinics to see if they'll take my IUD out. When I start to worry that something isn't right, I tend to obsessively spiral until I can fix it. My poor husband is trying to keep me calm when I start going off about how I can't handle it, that since I've had IUDs for more than half my adult life, a couple more months won't affect anything and I'm going to be okay. But I get so goddamn stuck in my head and just want it gone. Like when you hallucinate that there's bugs burrowing into your skin and you need to violently scratch incessantly until you believe they're gone, even though they were never there in the first place.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Man I thought that was just a me thing! I also blame the fact that when I was old enough to know better but still the internet wasn't around to prove otherwise, my parents told me that if I ever found a tick on my body and ripped it off without help, the head would somehow survive in my bloodstream. So in my child mind, I envisioned one of those ball and chain things from Mario just chewing away inside my bloodstream with it drinking blood and then the blood just shooting out the back of the decapitated head.

That combined with the general anxiety of childhood, it's no wonder I started freaking out anytime I thought I had a tick attached to me, and would usually rip it away in a panic and only realize after I had torn a scab off.

Why do we get such bad anxiety around our periods? I feel like mine was just over, and almost everything is going relatively okay in my life, but as soon as I get a spike in that feeling I know it's on its way. For example, even though my friend and I are on pretty good terms as of late, anytime my period comes, I always have the sinking suspicion she's not talking to me because I've done something horribly stupid and she's really annoyed when the reality is simply she's super busy.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
just got my crotch goalie replaced, jfc I forgot how much it sucked rear end getting the IUD removed and reinstalled, I'm in bed miserable with a pad that wants to adhere to my rear end and a cat that doesn't understand why she can't lay on my stomach and make tummy biscuits

The gyno owned tho, "If your husband complains about the strings for a month tell him to suck it up"

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

The worst time of year is "Am I leaking or just really sweaty?"

Edit: today is sweaty, but it's roulette every time

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Aug 15, 2023

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Man I thought that was just a me thing! I also blame the fact that when I was old enough to know better but still the internet wasn't around to prove otherwise, my parents told me that if I ever found a tick on my body and ripped it off without help, the head would somehow survive in my bloodstream. So in my child mind, I envisioned one of those ball and chain things from Mario just chewing away inside my bloodstream with it drinking blood and then the blood just shooting out the back of the decapitated head.

That combined with the general anxiety of childhood, it's no wonder I started freaking out anytime I thought I had a tick attached to me, and would usually rip it away in a panic and only realize after I had torn a scab off.

Why do we get such bad anxiety around our periods? I feel like mine was just over, and almost everything is going relatively okay in my life, but as soon as I get a spike in that feeling I know it's on its way. For example, even though my friend and I are on pretty good terms as of late, anytime my period comes, I always have the sinking suspicion she's not talking to me because I've done something horribly stupid and she's really annoyed when the reality is simply she's super busy.

Man I wish I knew. My ADHD meds don't work well the week before my period, and *also* I get mad anxiety and occasional hour-long sweeps of black despair, like absolute 'there is no hope for the future, why go on' poo poo that's only tolerable because I know where it's coming from. Dumb ovaries so mad about the lack of a baby they're trying to kill me.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Pyrtanis posted:

just got my crotch goalie replaced

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Officially looking into some actual medical intervention for PMDD/PMS/??periomenopause??

My hormonal mood issues/dysphoria have been sooooo loving bad, I'm legit concerned I might sabotage my relationship because of these depressive/insecurity episodes I get that have led to some incredibly stupid fights. One of my friends pointed me to a B-Complex based supplement that helped even her out a lot, but I may need to actually look into an SSRI or something? I'm exhausted from having almost monthly complete emotional meltdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

CherryCola posted:

Officially looking into some actual medical intervention for PMDD/PMS/??periomenopause??

My hormonal mood issues/dysphoria have been sooooo loving bad, I'm legit concerned I might sabotage my relationship because of these depressive/insecurity episodes I get that have led to some incredibly stupid fights. One of my friends pointed me to a B-Complex based supplement that helped even her out a lot, but I may need to actually look into an SSRI or something? I'm exhausted from having almost monthly complete emotional meltdowns.

Before I lost insurance for like eight months and therefore access to all of my medications, I was taking Lexapro the week before my period. Only then. It made a HUGE difference in emotional regulation and made my deepest deeps only like.... Half what it is when I'm unmedicated.

What I'm saying is do it my God it changed my life and I miss it dearly