Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Well gently caress me stupid, TIL the initial costs for gifts of Chaos count towards total souls spent, as do the costs of giving lords/heroes marks or ascending them to daemonhood.

Was wondering why it was taking so long to unlock the higher-end gifts while I was riding the same gifts for 100+ turns without ever swapping them out :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the early gifts are some of the best and the demon prince / greater demon upgrades kinda suck so its kinda a problem even if you know the fact lol

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Leaked details on the new addition.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/15i9wkt/shadows_of_change_leak_from_billbilkun/

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

lol this guy seems extremely trustworthy

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I hope the price at least in that link is wrong. I am not paying $25 for three LLs and friends.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
god, video games are such miserable business. consumer revolt over 15 bux vs 25 bux and the b2b peeps shrug at 70k checks going to 100k

consumer software generally

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
First of all, RIP that one guy who kept holding out hope for Egrimm on Reddit. Secondly, the LH is the Blue Scribes??? Wow Edit: Oh wait, Aekold is the free LH I guess

Azran fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 4, 2023

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Cythereal posted:

I hope the price at least in that link is wrong. I am not paying $25 for three LLs and friends.

the most believable part lol

also coming out the day of Starfield's EA release.

the numbers on this will be pitiful. The Empire/Dwarf DLC in the winter will probably do the best of all the WH3 dlcs to that point

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Yeah I was kind of willing to go to bat for them on the Chorfs pricing, even if I haven't bought it yet/won't until it gets a discount, but if that's the real price for a LL pack that's hosed up.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Scott Forstall posted:

the most believable part lol

also coming out the day of Starfield's EA release.

the numbers on this will be pitiful. The Empire/Dwarf DLC in the winter will probably do the best of all the WH3 dlcs to that point

Yeah, no joke Empire DLC will always outperform every single other DLC without question

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Skarbrand, I commend your enthusiasm but question your priorities.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
thus always to gamers

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I didn't know the AI could recruit Harry the Hammer, I found this out on turn 20 as Kemmler as a 40 stack from Be'lakor heads straight for me.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I didn't know the AI could recruit Harry the Hammer, I found this out on turn 20 as Kemmler as a 40 stack from Be'lakor heads straight for me.

yah and there's a bug where they can recruit legendary heroes and it locks the player out of getting them if they are shared across factions

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Champions of Chaos was $15.99 there's no way that it's going to be $25.00.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I legit thought they couldn't :ohdear:

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah I've stumbled into this dude a few times recently and he's absolutely dunked on me each time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Oh and I think I figured out why my co-op campaign is so extremely buggy, I'm Kemmler and my friend is Karl and I just noticed that not only can I not get more than 1 hero but I cannot get more than 1 province commandment anywhere because "my imperial authority is low"

Pretty sure co-oping with Karl just messes with the campaign something fierce.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I don't mind the price, but the leak has no mentions of new lord and hero types which is a bit worrying. Two LHs for Tzeentch makes sense if this is the only DLC pack for them, to round the faction out. A bit bummed about Changeling as it's gonna be near Cathay.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I hope that price is wrong because that's race pack pricing (and even then, only for the Chorfs currently), not lord pack pricing. Unless this is one chunky DLC I do not see that price point going over well considering CoC was 15 bucks.

I don't know why they would do a second Tzeentch LH at the same time as this, unless the idea of Aekold's is wrong and he's going to drop at some point later. Blue Scribes were going to happen one way or another, though.

I want Mother Ostankya because CHICKEN HOUSE, though. If there is no chicken house, I will be sad. I also want them to rework the competition between Kostaltyn and Katarin because that just isn't working, both in general and especially for Boris, so I can't imagine it would work for a 4th Kislev LL.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is gonna be 25 bucks with a 5 buck voucher to make it 20 just so you buy it you little piggy

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gonkish posted:

I want Mother Ostankya because CHICKEN HOUSE, though. If there is no chicken house, I will be sad.

Yeah same

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I kinda like the idea of spider legs and cauldron too, artillery LL would be cool and different

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
LLs that get weird, cool mounts are so much better than LLs that don't. Unless they're a weird, cool monster themselves.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Spider cauldron instead of chicken house is a real shame

I'm probably preordering this anyway, sorry everyone it's my fault.
Even though that's gonna be my armored core 6 time

I hope its gonna only be a couple units for tzeentch and 5 each for cathay and Kislev but I kinda doubt it.
The tzeentch roster is fine as is imo

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
While I am also disappointed at no chicken house, a walking spider cauldron feels appropriately Warhammery

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Tzeentch teaser:
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1687856198941327360?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

People running around and speculating that it’s Egrimm van Horstmann because the Empire is showing up.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
poor Empire then. they're going to have another contender for the Old World thunderdome

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Any suggestions as UD as to how to vassalize fellow undead? WH2.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Any suggestions as UD as to how to vassalize fellow undead? WH2.

I just had some success with this, albeit confederating as Kemmler. Having higher strength helped a lot, but I reached a point where they just weren't interested in vassalizing or confederating no matter how much money I offered alongside it. What I figured out is you need to gift them the money straight up as payments for a couple turns to really pump up their opinion modifier, then they're more likely to take the offer + bribe.

Folks say in warhammer 2 you shouldn't sign defensive or military alliances because then your strength gets counted with theirs when figuring out relative strength, so they feel secure. You also need to check every turn because maybe they just lost a big battle and are feeling vulnerable for a one-turn window. Lastly there seems to be a trick where you sign treaties for the opinion buff, save, then break the treaties and offer vassal/confederation on the same turn before the reputation penalty takes effect. If it doesn't work then reload your save and try next turn.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

poor Empire then. they're going to have another contender for the Old World thunderdome

Definitely one of the challenges right now imo. The whole drat map is a thunderdome so putting new LL's down is kind of challenging.

There is that one existing Tzeentch faction in Lustria that's close to the Huntmarshal guys, so they could slot them in there, or just put a proper monogod Daemon faction up North.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If they're running out of map space to put new factions, would they consider making some legendary lords/factions alternates? Like they're only on the map if you play as them and swap in for someone else, or it flips a coin as to which AI faction occurs per game, something like that?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Dolash posted:

If they're running out of map space to put new factions, would they consider making some legendary lords/factions alternates? Like they're only on the map if you play as them and swap in for someone else, or it flips a coin as to which AI faction occurs per game, something like that?

isn't this the WH2 system where some lords have the same start position; like Volkmar / Karl, Grombrindal / Thorgrim and Isabella / Vlad. I think they've universally moved away from that in WH3

I think the primary complaint was that one of the lords is obviously better and that's all who gets played there

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Starting the monogods in their realms would free up at least some real estate, and if they could portal to different areas for their second settlement it would add some variety to replays when you're playing against them. It obviously would be a coding nightmare to actually do.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bobtheconqueror posted:

Definitely one of the challenges right now imo. The whole drat map is a thunderdome so putting new LL's down is kind of challenging.

There is that one existing Tzeentch faction in Lustria that's close to the Huntmarshal guys, so they could slot them in there, or just put a proper monogod Daemon faction up North.

Just don't put them in Kislev, there's enough going on there already

Latest game involved selling settlements I seized from Azhag to Drycha and then relying on the angry tree to guard my borders. It worked incredibly well as she kept Vlad down south and expanded north to punch Goromadny until Dorkaon came down to party

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1688218516342652929

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

me!!!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
No-one, because the AI cheats and knows when you've got units hidden there

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

kingturnip posted:

No-one, because the AI cheats and knows when you've got units hidden there

The AI actually cannot see (as in, they don't exist for its calcs) armies in ambush stance that haven't been detected. Their agent spam lets them catch you out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Does it? I've had tremendous fortune with overmatched garrisons using one unit to bait the enemy into the perfect forest ambush.