Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Kenzo posted:

Anyone have direct Walmart links to G2 Deadend or Sideswipe?

They’re sold out everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Kenzo posted:

Anyone have direct Walmart links to G2 Deadend or Sideswipe?

They can be yours for the low, low price of 145 dollars each

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seot/2001733427?listRegistryId=b4fcbd48-0864-4604-a394-e900530ce553&listRegistryType=WL

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seot/2566425902?listRegistryId=b4fcbd48-0864-4604-a394-e900530ce553&listRegistryType=WL

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

We’re not talking about a joint here. Yannow how the Kup/Dion/Orion Pax mold has removable limbs? The arm just falls off at the shoulder.

Yes, like Joe Fisto and Phy said. There's no way to apply it wrong, unlike clear nail polish or superglue. Put floor polish anywhere on your plastic toys where you require some friction.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

We’re not talking about a joint here. Yannow how the Kup/Dion/Orion Pax mold has removable limbs? The arm just falls off at the shoulder.

Joe Fisto already got you covered, but were you talking about this connection?

If so, then we were both talking about the same thing. When that connection is within tolerance and working as designed, it serves as the upper arm swivel as well as allowing you to pull the arm off for "ffffix me" action, so that's why I consider it a joint. Same goes for the similar connections on the legs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, okay. Sorry I misunderstood ya.

EDIT - This looks really awesome.

https://twitter.com/Grim_tnt2/status/1617414138874953729?s=20

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 3, 2023

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
No worries! Just a difference in how we categorize things, plus sometimes it's easier for me to communicate ideas visually.

E: goddamn, I think that might be the coolest BM Silverbolt has ever been

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sockser posted:

On one hand, Tarn is a loving rad as hell mold so this is cool
On the other, that doesn't evoke Bludgeon nearly enough

Skull face, sword, throw in a mention of Metallikato, feels like as close as we'll get and it is a fun mold.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

he looks just fine to me. He's basically Cyberverse Bludgeon, who ruled.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

Joe Fisto already got you covered, but were you talking about this connection?

If so, then we were both talking about the same thing. When that connection is within tolerance and working as designed, it serves as the upper arm swivel as well as allowing you to pull the arm off for "ffffix me" action, so that's why I consider it a joint. Same goes for the similar connections on the legs.

Yes, this! It works for "loose" weapons and accessories as well, Dabir could have used floor polish instead of cellophane tape, for instance (though that also works well if you haven't any floor polish around!)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Getting a new Bludgeon is cool but I would have been even happier if they had used the Tarn mold to give us a G1 style The Fallen figure

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

hoping for a decent 3p upgrade kit or something for bludgeon to make him less "tarn with a new head"-y

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I wouldn't mind seeing Bludgeon repainted as Blastwave from RID2015 (who actually showed up a year before Bludgeon in the line).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I love Blastwave. We need more disabled/impaired Transformers characters.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dawgstar posted:

Got an email from Amazon about how they don't know when '86 Brawn will be released and needed confirmation I still wanted it, etc. :ohdear:

Looks like they're shipping him now. Email says I should have mine tomorrow.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You guys realize that's a photoshop, right?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knormal posted:

You guys realize that's a photoshop, right?

So?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Seemed like some people were talking like they were excited to add him to their collection.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought it was a custom, in which case I still had no illusions about being able to own it. I just thought it looked cool.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Not so patiently waiting for G2 Grimlock to go up on an Australian site so i can order it

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Robot Style posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing Bludgeon repainted as Blastwave from RID2015 (who actually showed up a year before Bludgeon in the line).

My eyes!!! :eyepop:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's not that bright in person, but a collector-focused version might skew towards a more subdued color scheme:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Joe Fisto posted:

Looks like they're shipping him now. Email says I should have mine tomorrow.

Mine just shipped from Pulse. I had to look at my preorders a while back like "Were they making a SS 86 Brawn? Yes. Did I order him? Also yes."

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Good Listener posted:

Mine just shipped from Pulse. I had to look at my preorders a while back like "Were they making a SS 86 Brawn? Yes. Did I order him? Also yes."

Huh, look at that, I searched my emails and I also ordered a Brawn, mine's from In Demand Toys.

I completely forgot and now I'm going to look silly because I just picked up Titans Return Tailgate and Earthrise Snapdragon off've eBay and I'll have too many robots to properly enjoy each one.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They should have painted the treads, invoke those shield pauldrons samurai used to wear

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Brawn arrived and he is brawntastic. They’re working wonders on these mini-bots.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

Brawn arrived and he is brawntastic. They’re working wonders on these mini-bots.

They are! There’s really only a couple of figures released in the last few years that I thought were just garbage. And some of them looked great they just had the structural integrity of a soap bubble.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I watched Thew’s Unicron review, and I know the point of it is to show how the Haslab Unicron is Bad Actually, but I’m sorry but that thing looks awesome and I still want one

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yeah Haslab Unicron is great. All the complaints Thew offers are valid but also they don't matter in hand at all IMO

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So a Gundam pen arrived at my door today. First up, youse who said it's just like any other pen, I don't know what you're talking about, this is a weird kind of tip that I've never seen before. And it's way broader than I was expecting, I think I ordered the wrong thing. But it's good enough to do the thing I wanted to do with it.

First attempt went pretty well, actually. Bit of a smudge on the end of his nose but barely noticeable.

Second attempt I messed up like an absolute clown. I was trying to do the underside of the eyepieces because I'd accidentally done it on the other side and it bothered me that it wasn't symmetrical, my hand twitched, big blob on his face. Ugh.

Tried to do a bit of actual panel lining on one of Ironworks's ramps and that went horribly. Absolutely not thin enough to get in the lines, and when I tried to clean it up with a pencil eraser it just smeared everywhere and the eraser turned black. I eventually got it looking mostly presentable but man, I'm not trying that again.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Sounds like you got the biggest possible one or something.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's probably what happened. I'd ask if there's some way to clean it up, but I don't want to gently caress it up any more than I have. This is acceptable.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 5, 2023

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
On a positive note though, even if you do smudge it, it's perfectly on brand for the Junk lads so it doesn't really matter!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

They should have painted the treads, invoke those shield pauldrons samurai used to wear

DNA Design’s Bludgeon (Susanoo) did the treads-as-samurai-armour gimmick although unpainted and it was pretty sick

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

ROTF Bludgeon did that too - a mold so nice, they used it twice five times.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sentinel Red posted:

On a positive note though, even if you do smudge it, it's perfectly on brand for the Junk lads so it doesn't really matter!

Well that second one is TR Roadburn, so less so there.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dabir posted:

So a Gundam pen arrived at my door today. First up, youse who said it's just like any other pen, I don't know what you're talking about, this is a weird kind of tip that I've never seen before. And it's way broader than I was expecting, I think I ordered the wrong thing. But it's good enough to do the thing I wanted to do with it.

First attempt went pretty well, actually. Bit of a smudge on the end of his nose but barely noticeable.

Second attempt I messed up like an absolute clown. I was trying to do the underside of the eyepieces because I'd accidentally done it on the other side and it bothered me that it wasn't symmetrical, my hand twitched, big blob on his face. Ugh.

Tried to do a bit of actual panel lining on one of Ironworks's ramps and that went horribly. Absolutely not thin enough to get in the lines, and when I tried to clean it up with a pencil eraser it just smeared everywhere and the eraser turned black. I eventually got it looking mostly presentable but man, I'm not trying that again.

They come in different varieties, you needed the fine almost needle tipped ones.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dabir posted:

continue the smear down back his cheek towards his helmet, make it some random line on his face like some transformers have.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nice idea, but I'll probably wind up painting half his entire face. I think today has taught me what I suspected all along, my hands aren't steady enough to begin with stuff like this.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
you can also wipe off the marks while it's still wet. With gundam panel lining, I'll just run a thin grey / brown / black line inside the panel line, then fat-thumb along the same line and it'll be super clean, all within the recess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ROTB "Buzzworthy" Optimus came in today from Pulse. He's pretty sweet.

Now where's my Buzzworthy Nemesis Prime already?