Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Chromecasts (even the newest with Google TV) and some Roku devices don't support x264 videos with 10-bit color. I've had to use handbrake to transcode every episode over the past few years to x265 to get them to play properly on a Chromecast with Google TV. It also has the benefit of cutting down the file size of most episodes by about 30-40%. Does Fuji TV air programming with 10-bit color? X264 8-bit would be fine on most devices, but it's the 10-bit color data plus x264 encoding that is causing weird frame holding issues and playback artifacts.

Ahhh, makes sense, thanks for that info!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
x265 CAN cause issues with transcode depending on what you're playing with and what you're streaming from.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

cubeboy posted:

Ah, OK. What was the bit at the end on the beach?

Spoilered because I've now watched the episode and thought it was really funny.

So at the beginning, it's said that the game was considered several times before but passed over because of its extreme difficulty, so it was "sealed away". At the end of the episode, after Inotani finishes the game, he says that he now understands why the other ADs refused to select it, re-seals it, and casts it into the ocean so that others can't repeat his mistake. Whereupon it washes up on another (clearly the same) beach, its haunting music attracting the attention of unsuspecting passers-by.

It's kind of a shame, just watching it the game has a lot of interesting ideas with multiple kinds of jumps, there's some clever looking puzzle solving, but god drat does it look unforgiving.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

This years DVD-Exclusive Challenge will be Resident Evil 3.
It's spoiling fan-club only content, but what will they do, shoot me? Psh, aim high and make it fast, please.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Rochallor posted:

Spoilered because I've now watched the episode and thought it was really funny.

So at the beginning, it's said that the game was considered several times before but passed over because of its extreme difficulty, so it was "sealed away". At the end of the episode, after Inotani finishes the game, he says that he now understands why the other ADs refused to select it, re-seals it, and casts it into the ocean so that others can't repeat his mistake. Whereupon it washes up on another (clearly the same) beach, its haunting music attracting the attention of unsuspecting passers-by.

It's kind of a shame, just watching it the game has a lot of interesting ideas with multiple kinds of jumps, there's some clever looking puzzle solving, but god drat does it look unforgiving.

I miss when they do silly segments like that, it got a solid laugh out of me.

Also, now-Director Junpei Takahashi (the AKB48 fan) married a former show editor. Congratulations!

Oh, and a portable version of "The Game of Life" themed around the show will be released later on.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 4, 2023

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Kakaricho posted:

Also, now-Dirtector Junpei Takahashi (the AKB48 fan) married a former show editor. Congratulations!

I hope they wear matching cardigans.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

I hope they wear matching cardigans.

Only during adult times, Billy, only during adult times...

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://nyaa.si/view/1700649

Game Center CX #293 - Valis - The Fantasm Soldier [LocationScouts]

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Man, thinking about Valis is depressing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

7c Nickel posted:

Man, thinking about Valis is depressing.

true.

my thought process in this case was "oh cool, valis!" "....they're gonna put arino's head on the art though aren't they?"

i wanna say there is currently a crowdfunding project going on for a third? valis collection. i wonder what's left at this point? can we get round 4 with the cellphone game and valis x? lol

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Aug 5, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
yeah, the third collection is the 8801 (lol) famicom (lol), msx2 (lol) versions of valis 1, mega drive valis 3 (also lol) and super valis 4 which..is on the nintendo online rom service anyway, definitely just one for the diehards

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Genesis Valis 3 is the best one though?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

it's better playing but lacks the cutscene quality imho

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

https://nyaa.si/view/1700649

Game Center CX #293 - Valis - The Fantasm Soldier [LocationScouts]
Here is the magnet link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:83054911450acb4e7b3d8badb0b0a2c3a6d600b7&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23293%20-%20Valis%20-%20The%20Fantasm%20Soldier%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The 6th game to be challenged at Saitama is Captain Tsubasa.
Another game he beat "but you didn't beat this one team, so..."

I'm sort of starting to feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel a little bit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

yeah, the third collection is the 8801 (lol) famicom (lol), msx2 (lol) versions of valis 1, mega drive valis 3 (also lol) and super valis 4 which..is on the nintendo online rom service anyway, definitely just one for the diehards

they should hire one of the currently active good retro style devs to make "valis, but good" rebuilds

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

At least the computer versions have some historical value, unlike every other Valis game.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’d be all over that. I actually like the first one on Genesis pretty well as it is.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

they should hire one of the currently active good retro style devs to make "valis, but good" rebuilds

get wayforward to do it, matt bozon is probably a fan anyway

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

kirbysuperstar posted:

get wayforward to do it, matt bozon is probably a fan anyway

that would be pretty rad

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Light Gun Man posted:

I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but Violet Wisteria seems like a reasonably-well received Valis tribute. Supposedly the dev was considering licensing the IP at some point, but decided against it...

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

I haven't had the chance to play it yet, but Violet Wisteria seems like a reasonably-well received Valis tribute. Supposedly the dev was considering licensing the IP at some point, but decided against it...

oh wow, that's definitely inspired by, huh

might have to try it sometime, thanks

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Anyone know what those games are called that Arino plays at just about every place he visits that have flippers on each side and you try to get the coin into slots? They made a custom one for the show that looked great.

Can't remember what they're called as a type of game.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

Anyone know what those games are called that Arino plays at just about every place he visits that have flippers on each side and you try to get the coin into slots? They made a custom one for the show that looked great.

Can't remember what they're called as a type of game.

Ten yen games I think. There’s a book on them I’ve been meaning to pick up for a while

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ambitious Spider posted:

Ten yen games I think. There’s a book on them I’ve been meaning to pick up for a while

I've got the book. It's pretty good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
sounds like bagatelle but japanese.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the new release!

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I'll be popping by the Tokyo Game Show next month, are there any plans for a GCCX booth?

manganese
Jul 23, 2022

Acer Pilot posted:

I'll be popping by the Tokyo Game Show next month, are there any plans for a GCCX booth?

There will be a booth. And there’s several already announced (to the Fanclub at least) merch goods planned. The less common or more unique ones are a light up Arino acrylic stand, a shirt with Japanese gaming artwork from Nina, and then a “20th anniversary” shirt that I think lists all the ADs. M, L, XL on the shirts. But from the popularity of the program they tend to sell out of the good stuff pretty quickly.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Random Stranger posted:

I've got the book. It's pretty good.

Nice, where is it sold?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Nice, where is it sold?

I got it at Amazon.co.jp a while ago.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

was it this?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That's the book I have.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Nice, tyvm

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Arino makes those games look much easier than they actually are.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, he is really good at them. I have played them a few times and usually lose within a flick or two.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

A "Super Hot! DVD-Boxset 20 Anniversary Live Show!" is scheduled to air on YouTube from 7 P.M. on August 25th (JST).

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Game Center CX #295 - Quarth (AKA Block Hole) [LocationScouts]
https://nyaa.si/view/1706046

Magnet:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4374f1be025bca9530acb9178a8242d3de79d78f&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23295%20-%20Quarth%20%28AKA%20Block%20Hole%29%20%5BLocationScouts%5D.mkv&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Random question regarding previous episodes, does anybody remember which episode it was where...

...they had to put in a password and despite going back to the footage and inputting the password, it didn't work?

...Arino played against 2 or 3 separate kids (in the studio not a tamage)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Rochallor posted:

...they had to put in a password and despite going back to the footage and inputting the password, it didn't work?

Paris-Dakar Rally Special. I distinctly remember that.

Rochallor posted:

...Arino played against 2 or 3 separate kids (in the studio not a tamage)?

There are two kids in the studio with him in the Lost Levels revenge episode, maybe that's what you're thinking of?