Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

ELTON JOHN posted:

it's a covid test, the guy is the stupid one

I think they're making fun of the comments, which are unironically a wall of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Sorry, didn't realize people who don't have Twitter can't read long form tweets. I can't seem to upload screenshots on mobile so embedding Twitter is the only way I can show images.

Speaking of Greek statue pfps, I wonder what these people are like in real life. Neo Nazi club leaders? Super right wing community college instructors? Edgy 17 year old honor students? Terminally online rich fail kids in their twenties?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!
I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm actually asking, is it still called Twitter...?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

credburn posted:

I'm not trying to be pedantic, I'm actually asking, is it still called Twitter...?

he's in the middle of a rebrand to X, but it's all half-assed. The site is still twitter.com, and half the site uses "tweet"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

credburn posted:

You still go to twitter.com to access it, so yes. But all the branding says X.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Even if he fully succeeds in officially renaming it, which'll probably take years of lawsuits since so many other companies own the rights to calling things "X," everyone will still call it Twitter. Assuming he hasn't bankrupted the company by then

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Panfilo posted:

Sorry, didn't realize people who don't have Twitter can't read long form tweets.
People saying they won't click is not people saying they can't.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Kantesu posted:

Even if he fully succeeds in officially renaming it, which'll probably take years of lawsuits since so many other companies own the rights to calling things "X," everyone will still call it Twitter. Assuming he hasn't bankrupted the company by then

So we get either an X company or an ex company.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

credburn posted:

I personally deadname Twitter because I don't respect corporations

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean I haven't actually been able to access twitter for months; the site gives an error message that suggests I try clearing my cache, but gently caress if I'm gonna troubleshoot for even a second just to look at twitter.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Mx. posted:

that was significantly more people not understanding the joke than i expected, what the gently caress
The image preview cuts off the top segment of the image that shows it to be a COVID test, not a pregnancy test.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Virtually everyone not getting it has one important factor in common.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

COVID.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
https://twitter.com/CRAIG_HEAD1/status/1687309615149547520#m

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I saw a Ted Nivison (Random youtuber, unimportant) video and it kinda consolidated pretty much all the problems. I think it's nearly always that these adaptations kinda go down in flames because they keep loving with the story for some reason. The 1993 Mario Movie, Eragon, DOOM, the Halo show, David Harbour's Hellboy, Monster Hunter, Artemis Fowl etc. And those are just the ones I'm familiar with, I don't know how any of the Silent Hills games are quality-wise or Hitman.

While a lot of loving with the story is done at the producer level, the fact of the matter is that thanks to those very same producers it's literally impossible for any up and coming (or even established) creator to get an original IP greenlit anymore. So inevitably those creatives will make the best of the situation and try to change whatever they can in the constrained IP space because otherwise they wouldn't be creatives. Can you imagine being trained in, say, classical oil painting and then forced to spend the rest of your life replicas of the Mona Lisa or Sunflowers for rich people?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/status/1687872661467369472?t=5t4fqFu92uhUJMh2Smuj5g&s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In news that should surprise no one Elon Musk’s X can’t send Blue subscribers their ad revenue-sharing payouts on time

quote:

August 4, 2023 update: The volume of people signing up for revenue sharing has exceeded our expectations. We previously said that payments would occur the week of July 31st. We need a bit more time to review everything for the next payout and hope to get all eligible accounts paid as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

They've been too busy stealing handles like @music from active posters to take care of this business

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

I wish this got normalized instead of the poo poo in media where the woman is 100% ready to marry the man but actively refuses to pop the question herself because it's the man's job to propose.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I personally deadname Twitter because I don't respect corporations

This

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Schubalts posted:

I wish this got normalized instead of the poo poo in media where the woman is 100% ready to marry the man but actively refuses to pop the question herself because it's the man's job to propose.

Or, like, talk about it like adults.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 29 minutes!

Schubalts posted:

It's 2023 and pop culture is still trapped in this bizarre 1950s perception of courting.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

lol that he was paying for Blue

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Platystemon posted:

lol that he was paying for Blue

Elon took it because he correctly knew the guy was a simp and would just grumble and little bit and then do nothing.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

credburn posted:

It's 2023 and pop culture is still trapped in this bizarre 1950s perception of courting.

That's cause that's when all our media producers grew up

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1687698537469898753?s=46&t=c0gactqXNUS6mwc1ykXaXQ

A timely reminder that you should be blocking all blue users and not posting their actual posts in here, and to use screenshots instead if it’s something particularly worthwhile. It’s all engagement farming now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This seems like it might run afoul of some anti‐Ponzi laws, but I’m sure that Mr. Musk had a crack team of lawyers look over it. :shobon:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Platystemon posted:

This seems like it might run afoul of some anti‐Ponzi laws, but I’m sure that Mr. Musk had a crack team of lawyers look over it. :shobon:

His one lawyer is currently on a crack binge if that counts

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Biplane posted:

His one lawyer is currently on a crack binge if that counts

Twitter is currently busy suing the law firm that represented twitter when musk bought it and also a non-profit that monitors hate speech online

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1687698537469898753?s=46&t=c0gactqXNUS6mwc1ykXaXQ

A timely reminder that you should be blocking all blue users and not posting their actual posts in here, and to use screenshots instead if it’s something particularly worthwhile. It’s all engagement farming now.

All engagement farming but in the dumbest way possible because only ad views by verified users count.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/iamyesyouareno/status/1687532524786851840?t=_k5A1HyUSz9FO3YXl0Co5g&s=19

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

The positioning of the boys above the wife is a nice touch if by nice touch you mean makes me want to vomit blood

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

the picture is from a Buzzfeed article about an AI prompt of what Europeans think of each state

the picture is Utah

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/european-ai-american-list

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Dylan16807 posted:

All engagement farming but in the dumbest way possible because only ad views by verified users count.

The same verified users that see less ads because they pay for twitter?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

kazil posted:

the picture is from a Buzzfeed article about an AI prompt of what Europeans think of each state

the picture is Utah

Actual person from Utah

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

EL BROMANCE posted:

You know he's not really going to pay them, right?
I'm pretty sure elon clarified impressions only count for accounts logged in, that's part of why he broke twitter. Share the dumbest takes as embeds as you want.
There's no way "daddy musk owes me money because my tweet about wanting to gently caress a vacuum went viral" doesn't end in comedy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Coolness Averted posted:

You know he's not really going to pay them, right?
I'm pretty sure elon clarified impressions only count for accounts logged in, that's part of why he broke twitter. Share the dumbest takes as embeds as you want.
There's no way "daddy musk owes me money because my tweet about wanting to gently caress a vacuum went viral" doesn't end in comedy

Not giving Elon stats to take to advertisers is reason enough. Sure he'll lie about them anyway but no need to make it a bit easier for him.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Breetai posted:

The positioning of the boys above the wife is a nice touch if by nice touch you mean makes me want to vomit blood

Which one's the wife?
They all are

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

kazil posted:

the picture is Utah

don't sleep on this, #43 is pretty incredible

Texas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

don't sleep on this, #43 is pretty incredible

Texas: