Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

no joke i say "the ultimate thrill ride" to myself all the time in undertakers voice

https://youtu.be/MlQdPbvojls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hahaha

Radius Fracture
Sep 22, 2008

The suspect has trouble with lasting relationships and is possibly a high-functioning alcoholic
Pulling for my boy Balor to become world consolation prize champion tonight.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dolly Parton is hosting Monday Night Raw. "Weird" Al Yankovic is hosting Monday Night Raw. Oscar Isaac is hosting Monday Night Raw. John Ham is hosting Monday Night Raw. Tom Hiddleston is hosting Monday Night Raw.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cavauro posted:

Dolly Parton is hosting Monday Night Raw. "Weird" Al Yankovic is hosting Monday Night Raw. Oscar Isaac is hosting Monday Night Raw. John Ham is hosting Monday Night Raw. Tom Hiddleston is hosting Monday Night Raw.

wow the new nick lutsko song is pretty good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

luts loving ko!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

me n jungleboy the last two survivors staring at each other amidst the burnt wreckage of the forum both wondering whether the other is hosting raw

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

explosivo posted:

That really is the text from big dogs shirt, wow. Do these guys (specifically, WWE) have any say in whether a shirt design becomes final? I'm sure either way that's just like looking at bags of money with big dogs sayings on them for kevin (say the line, stab!) but could they veto a design or do they put these out without their input?

Ok, I've asked my sister who works in that department. Here's how it goes:

Writer(s) makes promo, guy or girl says it
Marketing determines if words in promo are good enough a make a shirt out of it
Legal makes sure other trademark(s) aren't used
Shirt gets made and sold

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

1. writer sees lovely wal-mart shirt and plagiarizes it 2. wrestler says it 3. company makes it into a lovely wal-mart shirt because it his now his catch phrase

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cole and Wade commentating Raw, Cole and Graves and Kevin Patrick commentating SD https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/wwe-commentary-team-michael-cole-wade-barrett-raw-kevin-patrick-corey-graves-smackdown-1235688211/

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
what is a "kevin patrick"

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Is Wade better than Corey?

I don't watch Nxt, don't watch smack down. Very irregular Raw viewer but I know that Corey pisses me off so much.
:mad:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ0A7Vh0cFY

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kevin Patrick is dogshit on commentary (and not the Corey Graves kind of dogshit where he's obviously doing what the company wants him to be doing even though it sucks; he's just really bad). Not sure why you would do a shakeup of your announce team, put Cole on both shows and still keep Patrick around

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Wasn't Cole talking about how doing this job for 25 years has like completely ruined his voice and hearing and WWE's response is to double his workload?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ThePariah posted:

Also on the card: Logan Paul™ beats up a jobber.

Excuse me but the WWE Brand Sports Entertainment Term is "subparstar".

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Could it be?! Oh my!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Miching Mallecho posted:

Is Wade better than Corey?

I don't watch Nxt, don't watch smack down. Very irregular Raw viewer but I know that Corey pisses me off so much.
:mad:

Wade was very horny in NXT and it was weird.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cole going back to Raw makes me wonder if they know something we don't about what's gonna be on what station.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Pylons posted:

Wade was very horny in NXT and it was weird.

That was the period of NXT 2.0 where I'd see it described as "Horny Nickelodeon" but I have no idea if it's still like that because why would I watch the show

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Island Nation posted:

Ok, I've asked my sister who works in that department. Here's how it goes:

Writer(s) makes promo, guy or girl says it
Marketing determines if words in promo are good enough a make a shirt out of it
Legal makes sure other trademark(s) aren't used
Shirt gets made and sold

Oh wow, thanks! Kinda how I figured it goes over there lol.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Cole going back to Raw makes me wonder if they know something we don't about what's gonna be on what station.

NBC getting Raw for Monday's isn't that big of a stretch and it seems like Fox is fully bleeding money and in cut mode so maybe they give up on Smackdown which would be dumb even if they don't want to pay the raise. Thing is that situation would mean USA probably would be left for dead cause without Raw the numbers are horrible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

He's doing both Raw and SD, which makes me wonder if they're trying to kill him

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

That DICK! posted:

1. writer sees lovely wal-mart shirt and plagiarizes it 2. wrestler says it 3. company makes it into a lovely wal-mart shirt because it his now his catch phrase

Aww shucky ducky

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris James 2 posted:

Michael Cole abuse is my kink, so yes please.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I mean, who among us.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

SatoshiMiwa posted:

NBC getting Raw for Monday's isn't that big of a stretch and it seems like Fox is fully bleeding money and in cut mode so maybe they give up on Smackdown which would be dumb even if they don't want to pay the raise. Thing is that situation would mean USA probably would be left for dead cause without Raw the numbers are horrible

It's time to bring back Burn Notice

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Do you think sometimes Michael Cole has moments in his day to day life where he wants to say something but finds himself unable to make a sound because he’s not got an old man screaming what he should say into a headset

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, he was pretty good at one point doing something or other, I forget.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

explosivo posted:

Oh wow, thanks! Kinda how I figured it goes over there lol.

I figured it was a chicken or egg problem. Just a matter of finding where it starts.

As for TV, My guess (no inside source here) is that Raw & NXT stay where they are but Fox drops them for other programming. Disney picks up Smackdown and puts them on FX (No way they go to ABC). Once WWE is bought, Endeavor drops Peacock for ESPN+ in 2026 and PLEs become PPVs again at $60-70 a pop

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Drakkel posted:

That was the period of NXT 2.0 where I'd see it described as "Horny Nickelodeon" but I have no idea if it's still like that because why would I watch the show

I always thought attitude era was like that - got some serious Double Dare flashbacks during those gimmick matches

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shinjobi posted:

This is always the correct answer.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I will never turn down more Bruce Campbell

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
WWE Summerslam Tentative Match Order

quote:

- Logan Paul vs. Ricochet
- Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
- Summerslam Battle Royal
- Ronda Rousey vs. Shayna Baszler MMA rules
- GUNTHER vs. Drew McIntyre
- Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor
- Asuka vs. Bianca Belair vs. Charlotte Flair
- Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Some real drama behind this card is whether Logan can go quick enough to attend his brothers fight

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Kind of curious to see what crazy spot those two will do.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
is this the summerslam thread

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

WWE Summerslam Tentative Match Order

Gotta say that's not an inspiring card.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Is there no pre show matches? Seems like they’ve dropped those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Astro7x posted:

Is there no pre show matches? Seems like they’ve dropped those.

They haven’t done those in a long time